main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN SITH PREMIERE ~ *DISCUSSION THREAD*

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    THE STAR WARS LINE-PARTY EVENT IS TONIGHT!!! JOIN US THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING AS WE THROW THE FINAL & BEST STAR WARS PARTY THIS SIDE OF MUSIC CITY! IF YOU ARE A STAR WARS FAN, YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS THIS ONE.

'Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith' will be available to be booked by theatres after 4/20/2005. Tickets will go on sale on Fandango as soon as theatres program show times for this movie in their system. Please check back on Fandango.com after 4/20/2005 to see when tickets go on sale. Click here and then enter in your zip code to find theatres scheduled to play the highly anticipated next release of Star Wars in your area. Rest assured that as soon as tickets are made available to the public, dates will be updated in our system and tickets may be purchased using our service.

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I'm fine with whatever theater the group wants to go to. Seems like the frontrunners were the Hollywood 27, the Cool Springs Thoroughbred 20, and the Opry Mills 20 (unless I'm forgetting one from earlier discussions).

I guess if I had to pick one, I'd probably go with the Hollywood 27.

3. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    "I'm fine with whatever theater the group wants to go to"

DITTO (within reason). If y'all choose the Mann's Chinese Theater, as much as I would LOVE to go see the last Star Wars movie EVER there, I'm not going to be allowed, er I mean "able" to make it. ;)

4. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    I believe I saw an article that said the Mann's Chinese Theater was NOT going to be showing ROTS. Can't remember particulars, but that sticks out in my memory.

I too await word of what Shannon needs from us.

5. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Alright people, this is what's up. It will go down at the Hollywood 27. I do not have confirmation on most of the things I'm hoping to have there so I have not wanted to post.
    I will have details very soon.
    If you choose to purchese tickets through fandango, please be aware that they may or may not post the midnight show. I would advise to buy at the theatre. I will contact them to see their on sale date, I am fairly certin if fandango is selling them there is no reason to assume that the theatres will not do so on the same date.
    I hope this settles the debate and that the people that wanted the throughbred will not be too unhappy.

6. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I'll get the tent ready!

7. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    This is what I plan on doing. Collecting any $$$$$ from friends and family here in Clarksville that want to join me and all the rest of the Star Wars freaks at the first and last Star Wars movie. I'll drive down in the AM and show up at the theater when the ticket booth opens. Buy all the tickets I need and drive back home. Once home I'll pack up the costumes and meet up with you guys at a designated time in the late afternoon or early evening.

8. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I'm there!!! "It'll be just like 'ol times" ~'99 line party [face_dancing]

I will go see it the Thoroughbred with my wife later anyway.

9. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Kir Kanos posted on 4/11/05 8:55pm
    I will go see it the Thoroughbred with my wife later anyway.
    [hr][/blockquote]

...and again at the IMAX release, and again in a digital theater in Memphis, and again when visiting relatives in Chicago... ;)

10. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Deleted...

11. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I just ordered mine through there. The Crisis Center is a good cause... they help make my job a lot easier.

12. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Are they going to have more than one midnight showing???

13. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Most definitely. For Episode I they had 4 midnight showings. All I have to say is that we had better be in one of the 2 large theaters!

"The Crisis Center is a good cause...

I just ordered mine too. :cool: You get your receipt & proof of ticket purchase via e-mail. I guess you just take this up to the box office the day of the event to get your pass.

MICHAEL L, SHANNON, OR ZACH,
    SHOULD WE POST THIS ON THE WEBSITE WITH A LINK TO REELEVENTS.COM?

14. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    How do we want to support this event? Should I contact The Crisis Center and see how they want to use us? We had thought about doing charity stuff and this one appears to be falling in our lab. Shannon, is this something you won't do (is there things about the line party I'm unaware of). I've got no problems approaching the non-profit agency (think my office used to audit them), but wondered what you guys had in mind? Shannon any input from the Hollywood 27 on how we fit in with The Crisis Center. Maybe we could do a combined table. Start coming up with issues and I'll call them tomorrow. Do we have hours, is there any overnight stay (I have training at 8 the next morning)? What's the plan?

15. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Twice? I can buy 3 tickets for that price in Shelbyville. :{Þ>

16. JediAgent

May 17, 2002
    Hey Zach, call Shannon cuz I think this might be the charity the radio station is working with that she had contacted.

17. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    yes, this is what I was keeping mum on for so long. I had wanted to do a charity tie in and it was already in the works by another company. 107.5 the river is doing a live remote broadcast and giving away 20 passes to radio listners, and the higher ticket price is because a portion goes to the crisis center.
    I am sorry it took so long to say anything about the theatre but I was told to keep it under wraps by the program director until everything was organized.
    I would hope that the higer price would not deter the fanforce from participating in the event. There will be more than one midnight showing, I am not sure if all will have that price or the charity tie in.
    I will be speaking to the promotional director at the 27 tommorow when she has more detail for me.
    I am hoping for more detail on when the station will need people in costume to show up to bring media attention to this cause.
    I am also hoping that anyone that wants to come out early in the day will, and that we can have fun with trivia and stuff like before- maybe a costume contest for the kids and a lightsaber dual again? aanyone with input on what you think would be fun is welcome to pm me.
    I had thought to make a SW related basket to give away raffle style..any thoughts?
    Please don't string me up for keeping quiet on this charity/radio thing.

18. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    [face_shame_on_you] Keep secrets from the council you did? Hmmm Shannon? Disturbing this puzzle is. ;)

"Twice? I can buy 3 tickets for that price in Shelbyville"

It goes to a good cause though. If it were just a price hike with no benefits to anyone but the movie producers pockets [face_money_eyes] , I would be complaining too.

So Shannon, since we are helping with this can they possibly get our group into the theater early like Carmike did? [face_mischief]

19. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    details to the council soon, patience, you must have...

not sure what if anything we can do..i'll know more tommorow!

20. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Tried to purchase the tickets today, but the drop down menu for the cities is missing from the Ep. 3 pic. Have they already sold out?

21. JediAgent

May 17, 2002
    I ordered my ticket already and the dropdown box still works.

22. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I just tried it & it seems to be working alright. Try it again Greg. Maybe it just didn't load up on your computer right.

23. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    I emailed reelevents and they suggested it maybe my resolution. I tried to order them from home computer (which had the problem). The drop down menu shows up from my work computer.
    If anyone else has problems, reelevents suggested using IE 6.0 and 1024 X 768 res.

24. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I just got an e-mail from Reelevents saying that the transaction had been cancelled & that my credit card payment has been cancelled. Although I got an e-mail this morning saying that it had been shipped. Now their website is down & says it will be back soon. ??? :confused: I hope there wasn't some kind of security problem. When I place my order, I did notice that it wasn't an https:// secure website. That is why I used my credit card instead of my debit card.

HAS ANYBODY ELSE GOTTEN THIS MESSAGE?

25. JediAgent

May 17, 2002
    I just received this email:

Star Wars: Episode III - Midnight Show has been Canceled?

Yes, sadly it is true.

We at Reel Events apologize to everyone who bought tickets to the Midnight Premiere of Star Wars, and to the charities that we are no longer able to support.

Today, we were informed by Regal Cinemas & 20th Century Fox that if we sell tickets to Star Wars, that we are "Profiting" from their movie and we would be in violation of Federal Copyright Laws. The fact that this screening was to support charity does not make any difference in the eyes of the Studio.

To avoid legal actions against Reel Events, we can no longer hold this event in it's current format. We are looking for another way to bring this show to you and support our charity partners in your community.

All ticket charges, already processed, will be refunded shortly. Your patience in this matter is appreciated. 

All ticket charges, not processed, have been canceled. Funds from canceled orders may take up to 3 business days to be released.

Reel Events was founded on the idea that local charities need to be supported and we still believe that to be true.

We hope you'll join us in the future to help local charities.

Thank You,

Chris Kennedy
    Reel Events

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.