main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN SITH PREMIERE ~ *DISCUSSION THREAD*

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I can't believe that they didn't check with Fox & Lucasfilm before they did this. :oops: Thats kind of a no brainer!!!

SO NOW WHAT?

I would imagine that they are still having midnight showings at the H27. The donations to the Crisis Center just won't be included with the price of the ticket.

2. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Don't panic people.....the 27 will still be fun....I'll see what else I can organize...

3. LightofEarendir

LightofEarendir Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2004
    So, the Hollywood 27. I saw the charity thing got cancelled, but we can still buy tickets, right?

4. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Not until the theaters book the film, which is supposed to be after the 20th of April. Most likely tickets will go on sale the week after, but I've also heard "May the 4th be with you", ie May 4th which would be right in sinc with the 2 week presale of tickets for both Episodes I & 2.

I e-mailed Steve Sansweet, head of public relations at Lucafilm this morning about the Reel Events fiasco:

"Steve,

I don't know if this falls into your department or not, but there was going to be a midnight screening of Episode III here in Nashville, TN that was in conjunction with supporting the Nashville Crisis Center. After being notified that they were in violation of copyright laws for hosting this event without permission from Fox or Lucafilm, the event was just cancelled yesterday.

Reel Events was increasing ticket prices in order for the additional proceeds above the normal admission price to benefit this non profit organization. Our local Fan Force Chapter (Nashville After Darth) along with Regal Cinemas & 107.5 the River (local radio station) would still like to do some kind of collaborative effort in order to benefit the Nashville Crisis Center.

I know that you are VERY busy getting everything ready for Celebration, but would you be able to help give us some suggestion on how to go about this the right way or put us in contact with a person there that could? We would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions that you could give. Thank you for your time.
    "

He replied back:
    "Scott?

This is the first I?m hearing of this. I?ll see if anyone here knows about it or can suggest any work-arounds.

Best,

Steve"

If anybody can do anything about it, it would be Steve. He is the guy who helped the group out for the promotion of the Imax Episode II premiere.

5. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    Thanls for the help there! My girl at the river is more or less giving up on the charity angle...it would be nice not to have to do that.

6. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Got the same email. Oh, well... guess I'll just buy my (cheaper) ticket the old-fashioned way.

7. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    According to TFN ,C3 tickets will go on sale April 20th on Fan DANG! :eek: for Regal Cinemas

GREAT! :oops: The same date that most of us are leaving for Celebration.

Have arrangements been made with Regal for purchasing tickets? Or do we need to make our own?

8. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Troops hold up and wait for word from Shannon before going off half-cocked and buying stuff. Shannon's put a lot of work into this event and I'm sure she's already worked out how/when we buy our tickets. Let's do C3 this coming week and then we can gear up for the final prep for the film. Patience in the Force...

9. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    "before going off half-cocked and buying stuff

I'm not crazy about your choice of words there [face_not_talking] . ~"before buying tickets" would have been a more diplomatic choice of words & less confrontational.

Do you mean puchasing our midnight tickets for the movie? Nobody has mentioned anything about getting a group pool of tickets that I'm aware of. We have to wait until at least next Wednesday to buy tickets. If arrangements aren't made for the group before then, people are going to go buy their tickets anyway, especially when its right before Celebration.

It would be great if NAD could get a group ticket pool together like we did with Carmike last time so that we are guaranteed to all be in the same theater. Please let us know if this is the plan & we'll happily wait for further instructions. Thanx [face_peace]

10. Keon_Ulic

Keon_Ulic Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2001
    Revenge Of The Sith 12:01am are on sale!!! For Hollywood 27,Opry Mills, And Green Hills. Get them while there hot!

11. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Thanks for the heads up!

12. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I just called the Hollywood 27. The movie will be showing on three screens at 12:01 on the 19th. Each theater holds about 400 people. You can only buy 8 tickets at one time. If all 30-60 of us want to be in the same theather we need to figure out which one that is and start buying tickets. The box office doesn't open until 11:45 tomorrow morning, so I probably can't get there until the afternoon. I could probably get at least 24 tickets over the next few days and bring them to C3. PM me if you want one. I'll also hold tickets for a few people not going to C3.

If you've already bought a ticket for Hollywood 27, please post which screen (should be 15, 16, or so).

13. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Hold a couple for Tammy and Me please.

Look for us in the parking lot at the 501st tailgate party every night!

Or just call and we'll find you. Zach's got my #

14. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I bought a couple of tickets for theater #15.

15. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Thanks Dylan!!! [face_dancing] I actually think that THEATER 15 was the theater I saw the Episode I Premiere in. COOL!

16. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    30-60 of us? What meetings have you been going to?

17. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    Ok guys...let's buy some tickets and TRY to be in the same theatre...so post which theatre you get..Glen, if you get a bunch, I'll see if i can snag one at CIII.
    I was totally caught off guard with the sale of tix as we were in Atlanta for a dance competition, which of course Kylie did great in!
    Really, though, even if we are not in the same theatre, we will still be there at the same time and get out at the same time to see each other and talk about the movie.
    It's cool, everyone!

18. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    30-60 tickets? Are you bringing the 501st or NAD?

19. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    I ordered mine, but I didn't get a choice of theaters and I didn't see any info about it when the transaction was complete. Has everyone been ordering of Fandango?

20. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    No. Most went to the box office for that very reason.

21. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
  22. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    For those of you that are buying the big blocks of tickets (8), I'll buy one off of you. Can't believe I have training (it was reschuleded to the 19th otherwise I would have got out of it) the morning of the movie. Maybe I can sit in the back and they'll leave me alone. I don't care who I buy it from Dylan, Glenn, whoever.

23. sithlord8286

sithlord8286 Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    Im there!! Count me in for the long haul.

24. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    I was sifting through the thread scott re-directed me through and had to laugh at remembering the q-zar guy and the "wanderer"...too funny!

25. autographjeff

autographjeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    I hope this is right.. I got my ticket for Theater # 15 at 1201am on may 18th for the Hollywood....!!! They dont have any movies on May 19th until 12NOON PM.... SO I hope this is right... and the ticket says Episode II I thought this was Episode 3 but maybe I missed it when they changed it to episode 2... I hope this is right... anyone else have this prob? Hey i did get 2 free popcorn with my tickets!!!

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.