main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN SITH PREMIERE ~ *DISCUSSION THREAD*

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthleppard

darthleppard Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    i looked back on that thread too. i remember the qzar guy...wonder if he will show up this time. i never could figure out who the wanderer was.

2. Sabermaster05

Sabermaster05 Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    The Opry Mills 20 will have it in 35mm on the IMAX opening night. Just giving you some inside info. I would go see it there.

3. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    autographjeff posted on 4/19/05 11:03am
    I hope this is right.. I got my ticket for Theater # 15 at 1201am on may 18th for the Hollywood....!!! They dont have any movies on May 19th until 12NOON PM.... SO I hope this is right... and the ticket says Episode II I thought this was Episode 3 but maybe I missed it when they changed it to episode 2... I hope this is right... anyone else have this prob? Hey i did get 2 free popcorn with my tickets!!!

Jeff
    [hr][/blockquote] Yeah, I think everyone's tickets are like that. Since 12:01 a.m. on the 19th is still part of the 5/18/05 workday, they're printed with that date. And I think there are only so many characters they can fit into the "movie name" space and didn't have enough room for the last Roman numeral "I". That, or we'll all be enjoying the re-release of [b]Attack of the Clones[/b] together.

4. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    There was a post on TF.N yesterday stating that some theaters in Fandango where listing the film as showing on 5/18/05 rather than the proper 5/19/05. You may want to verify, otherwise you may be sseing the film around Noon on 5/19. FYI

5. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    H27 has only sold 57 seats to screen 15 at this time, so there is plenty of time to get in.....anyone that is going to CIII need not worry!

6. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001

Fandango says the 18th at 12:01am also.

7. Zeke_WW

Zeke_WW Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Me and my rebel friends having been looking for a line party to attend. Coming up from the outter rim territories a.k.a. jackson for the day, get into full garb (lightsabers and all)......wondered if you like-minded fans are doing the same... Is all this going down at the Hollywood 27 and what time do you think eveyone will start lining up?

8. LightofEarendir

LightofEarendir Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2004
    Hey guys, would someone buying up blocks of tickets hold a couple for me? Thank you!

9. Keon_Ulic

Keon_Ulic Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2001
    I will be camping out on Tue night overnight and all day Wed. Just to let everyone know. In case some of you want to and don't want to do it alone. This is going to be the last Star Wars Moive. And I am going EP1 all out. See ya all there!

By the way my name is Micah.

10. Sabermaster05

Sabermaster05 Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    Opry Mills 20 has tix for the midnight showing in the IMAX on Fandango.

11. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    yes, there will be people in costume, so go for it!!!!
    The H27 is the plece to be.
    I appreciate the heads up on the IMAX thing- thanks! I'm sticking to the H27 though, as sometimes the OMAZ cuts some of moviesto fit the reels into the IMAX equipment- don't want to chance that!

12. Skywalker2584

Skywalker2584 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2004
    I know is is a downer but is anyone not going to Hollywood 27. I knew I wouldn't be able to afford the charity tickets since I was buying for others as well and before I knew they were doing the normal priced tickets I had bought my tickets at Throughbred. It's really going to suck if me a a few others are trhe only Star Wars fans at this theater. Specially since I'll have my good costume done. First I miss out on c3 then I miss out on a nifty line party.

13. Keon_Ulic

Keon_Ulic Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2001
    Go to H27 and buy tickets. And go back to Thourghbread and trade your tickets in for emergency tickets. You can use them for any other movie.. Don't miss out on the fun!!

14. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Yup. See if they will trade them for passes.

15. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    And the charity price is a non-issue now as they gt in trouble for not going through the right channels, and had to cancel the charity. Please go trade your tix and come to the 27!

16. Skywalker2584

May 29, 2004
    That might work were it not for the fact that I bought tickets for others as well. With the agreements they would reimburse me. I don't have the money to take a hit on the tickets. So I guess I'm stuck. Otherwise that'd be a good idea. Right now I can't see how I'd work it out. Cause only two of the ticket owners might be willing to see Hichhicker's Guide this Sat. Myself being one of them. If I can think of something else I will but otherwise I'm hoping there are other fans heading to thoroughbred too but I'm beginning to think there won't be many.

17. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    You would be surprised. I'm sure you'll fill at least 1 theater & it WILL sell out. It just might be closer to the opening date. There will be a lot of college & highschool kids there guaranteed!

18. Zeke_WW

Zeke_WW Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Can't wait till May 18th gets here...any idea when the line will start to form. My friends and I our taking the day off, coming up to hang out in the area and getting costumed up when people start showing up to join the festivities.

What can we expect? Trivia contests, giveaways, light saber duels...anything like that?

When Phantom came out I was in Florida on vacation & I made $300 bucks to stand in line while a diehard fan went back to his house, slept, cleaned up and ate. And Attack was even better cause I was a projectionist for the local theater and we saw it at 8:00 before the midnight showing. Before the movie the street was empty, and when we reemerged, the place was crawling with Wookies, Troopers, Jedi's and an assortment of Rebel scum. Of course we all hung out and watched it again.

I told myself this year would be different, I was going to be one of those diehard fans, I was going to seek out the best line party and go all out....now if I can just finish the 3 costumes I've been asked to build in time....

19. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Zeke_WW posted on 4/25/05 2:03pm
    What can we expect? Trivia contests, giveaways, light saber duels...anything like that? [hr][/blockquote]

I'm sure I'll be dueling multiple younglings once again. Just when I'd finally grown all of my limbs back...

20. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    call the throughbred and see what the return policy is- I got my $$ back one time at a theatre because i simply told them I would not be able to make the showing.I hope it works out for you either way!
    As far as the line up, I am hoping for trivia and lightsaber duels- not sure on giveaways yet as I have not organized any- was overwhelemed with CIII and other family stuff.
    If anyone has any ideas, shoot me a pm!

21. Skywalker2584

May 29, 2004
    If you guys are going to make pamplet again this time around I might be able to help even though I'm not a member I'm decent with photoshop and with classes coming to a close soon I'm running uot of stuff to do. Hence why I've harrassed this topic today. MMmmm the sweet smell of boredom. BTW I know this is off topic but I nd a friend/co-worker from TRU are planning on watching Hitchhiker's Guide this Saturday at Cool Springs. Also if the theatre will let me switch out my tickets in the very least for passes this might help me out as well by letting me sell anyone who wants to go that pass for the movie ticket price as give me a chance to hang out with you guys beyond that of a few minutes at my workplace.

22. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Skywalker2584 posted on 4/25/05 2:50pm
    If you guys are going to make pamplet again this time around I might be able to help even though I'm not a member [hr][/blockquote]
    I doubt we're going to make the pamphlets like we did last time. That involved selling ad space to local businesses to pay for it, and we haven't done anything like that (much to the relief of everyone involved last time).

Oh, and if you're here posting with us, you're a member. We used to have a paddling ceremony for the new people, but that scared off a girl last summer.

23. darthleppard

darthleppard Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    i'll probaly be going to the thoroughbred or green hills...leaning towards thoroughbred but not in concrete.
    that's one more that will be there...

24. Basill

Basill Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I just got my tickets at the H27 today, so I be there. [face_dancing]

25. Skywalker2584

May 29, 2004
    I pledge to find a way to make it to that theatre. BTW I passed out almost all the fliers you guys left that night. One of my mnagers trashed a small pile hat was left of like 20 at the most. And I drop the site info like a politician on a campaign trail. But I haven't seen alot of new postings. Maybe I came on too strong? But it's nice to work at a place that currently sports star wars music and I can anounce myself as the resident SW geek. And i'm probably typing all of this for my own benifet as the other alternative is going upstairs knocking down a few hard lemonaids and trying out God of War on god mode or trying to find the little microsets I haveleft in the Lego Star Wars game. MMmmm to be able to kill lego Jar Jar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.