main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN SITH PREMIERE ~ *DISCUSSION THREAD*

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    There were not many posts in recent days as many of us had the good fortune to be at CIII...
    I'm hoping you get the ticket thing worked out!

2. miTunes75

miTunes75 Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2005
    i'm going to opry mills :)

3. Skywalker2584

Skywalker2584 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2004
    I got my tickets and will be joining you. Yes! Now to take some pain killers for my back.

4. miTunes75

miTunes75 Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2005
    U'll be going to Opry Mills, also?

5. Zeke_WW

Zeke_WW Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Just another step closer...
    Went to pick up the material from my new & improved Jedi costume yesterday. This new one's going to be less ROTJ Luke, more Obi-Wan than my last one. Plus the new FX saber should be here any day now.....And the Rebel Pilot suit is about to get its big undertaking this weekend. I got my other friends Sith suit almost done and Im not sure if I have to do the Amidala & female Jedi suits anymore cause I haven't gotten word back from the rest of the group.

BTW Im issuing a challenge to all the Jedi and Sith alike out there...Multiple Saber Duel...2-to-1 & even 3-to-1....in the parking lot of H27......any takers?!?!?

6. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    I'm in! You're goin' down!

7. Zeke_WW

Apr 20, 2005
    Well grab your partner jedichic07 and we'll dosado! Jedi-Style..

8. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    If I had known Cinemark was going to cabosh our Charity fundraiser lineparty at the last minute in Paducah - I would have gotten tiks there at the H27 and would have been happy to accomodate your request for a duel.

Some other time, we shall meet again, and the circle will be complete.

Where's the closest DLP theater and perhaps we can all plan an outing in the near future to catch SIth there?

9. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    "U'll be going to Opry Mills, also? "

No. He means he is joing the Nashville Fan Force group, 501st, Rebel Legion & 107.5 the River at the Hollywood 27. At Opry Mills they DO NOT allow people to dress in costumes with masks. Ie, no stormtroopers, Vader, or other cosutmes.

As far as a close DLP Theater goes, there are two Malco theaters in Memphis & 2 in Alabama:

Vestavia Hills 10 (173.20 miles)
    1911 Kentucky Ave.
    Vestavia Hills, Alabama 35216

Malco Cordova (175.53 miles)
    1080 N. Germantown Parkway
    Memphis, Tennessee 38018

Rave Motion Pictures Patton Creek 15 (177.00 miles)
    4450 Creekside Road
    Hoover, Alabama 35244

Malco Majestic Cinema (181.71 miles)
    Malco Crossing at Winchester
    Memphis, Tennessee 38115

10. Keon_Ulic

Keon_Ulic Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2001
    Does any one make Jedi costume? I am looking to get a new one.

11. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Well, it depends how good a costume you want.

I think Rubies still makes costumes. They had a lot of brown Jedi robes for sale at CIII and have made Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Qui-Gon costumes in the past.

Master Replicas might be coming out with authentic replica costumes later this year, but nothing is official until they have approval from Lucasfilm. They did have "Which Jedi are you" silhouettes in their booth.

JediAgent and JediToren have custom-made Republic-era robes. I have more of a patchwork Luke Jedi Knight costume. TD235's son has a really good AOTC Anakin costume. I'm sure there are others, but maybe this should be in another thread.

12. Zeke_WW

Apr 20, 2005
    If you're more of a "DIY" kind of person - here's a great place to start.

http://www.jedi-academy.com/

It lists pattern numbers, alt material sources, & links to other helpful sites.
    My Qui-Gon suit ideas came from here & it turned out fantastic. Now for the same amount of money you can get a crappy pre-fab suit that makes you look like you belong in Yoda's Special Ed Padawan class than a come to life Jedi Knight. And until the authentic stuff comes available, get your mom, GF, auntie whatever, to sew you one. Or get them to show you how it works. The designs are simple enough for beginners. 5 yrds of Muslim cotton (tunic), 6 yrds of black/brown gabardine/linen (robe), pants & boots & props...there instant Jedi/Sith.
    The site also shows you how to make more complex characters like Boba Fett, Troopers, Leia dresses....

13. Skywalker2584

May 29, 2004
    You might also try Padawan's Guide. They have a tremendously helpful site when it comes to prequal costuming. Thats how I helped make my girlfirend's AOTC Padme midrift costume. Also there is ebay for those whom don't have the time, knowledge, or tools to make one themselves.

14. Wookiee8100

Wookiee8100 Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    Opry Mills will let you wear your costume. Theyre just not big on lightsabers in the auditoriums.

15. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    They wouldn't let them for the IMAX premiere of AOTC. In fact the 501st had to sick Steve Sanswett (head of LFL public relations) on Regal to get special permission to troop there. Even then, I heard they wouldn't let them into the lobby of the theater. They had to stay out front in the hallway of the mall.

16. Skywalker2584

May 29, 2004
    Dude thats wretched that they would do that after all the 501st does for communities and charities. I am now upset. I feel the need to protest or rant or rave or sign something. Was it just Opry Mills or is that the policy of Regal in general? 'Cause H27 is a Regal Cinemas theater.

17. Zeke_WW

Apr 20, 2005
    Do they allow the sabers in H27? I might not bring my FX Saber at all if it has to be left in the car...

18. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Lots of people had lightsabers at the premier showing of AOTC at Hollywood 27. I'm not sure if any were FX or just toys. I'm not sure which sabers I'll be bringing. Probably just the toys I just bought.

As for Opry Mills, it is the mall itself that will not let you wear a mask/helmet. An individual merchant can allow them as Jillian's did recently and the theater has done in the past, but you can't walk around the mall in full costume.

It isn't just Opry Mills, I was walking with one of my roommates through the Circle Center Mall at C3 and they made him remove his helmet.

19. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    Ok, talked to the promo girl at the 27...no lightsabers or anything resembling a weapon in or on the property- she said the property ends at the edge of the sidewalk, so if we want to dual or generally play with sabers, we can do so in the parking lot off to the side....I am writing her a short note in an e-mail with any of our other questions or requests- so if you have any, pm me right away as I want this to her pronto.
    My preliminary list is:
    bathroom priviliges?
    early seating for NAD/501st?

she seemed to not understand that fans would be there all day- she said "doing what?" I told her it's a Star Wars thing to hang out and camp all day. Whatever!

20. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    When dealing with people that don't know the 501st please do not tell them we have weapons....when the word weapon is given people panic, heck they even panic when you say we will have lightsabers. Better to say nothing or just say Costumes and toys.

21. Zeke_WW

Apr 20, 2005
    She doesn't sound like she knows what a lightsaber is. She doesn't even know about fans all over the country lining up in costume? Obviously, she's not a fan, but also not up on her current events. (Maybe she's a Trekkie - j/k)
    You probably described sabers as light swords and she took it to mean like Kill Bill or something. They can't be serious to think a glowing tube of plastic is dangerous or looks dangerous, can they? Radioactive maybe....
    But having worked a theater before, I understand the concern on the guns thing. Ive been impressed at the detail of all the Lucas toys and props I've seen in the past (in other words: at a glance they look too REAL) I've known 501st members who made authentic blasters by sodering pipe pieces together couldnt get admitted to certain public places.
    We do have to respect the managers and owners responsibility to maintain a safe environment. We might just have to sit them down like all our parents did and explain the concept of magical world of make believe. Didn't Sesame St cover this like 30 yrs. ago?

22. miTunes75

miTunes75 Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2005
    ok...new guys again.

why all the lines if you have tickets bought already? Is it because it's general admission and you'll be running to the center seat in the center row in the center of the theater or something?

23. Zeke_WW

Apr 20, 2005
    Those without sabers will general be cut down for their seats..lol
    Sort of, mostly its just a great chance for us to come out, talk about a great set of movies, comics & books. Play some games, eat, and show off our favorite characters in costumes. This a great opportunity to make up in some slight way those of us who couldn't get away for C3...(ok it completely DOESN'T MAKE UP FOR IT BUT IM LIVING IN DENIAL OK?!?)

24. Skywalker2584

May 29, 2004
    Simply put it is for the fun. We'll enjoy the atmosphere, the activities, and most of all the company. I any one here just wanted to see the movie we would buy our tickets for the weekend after. We might where a Star Wars shirt and ocassionally post. No I don't think simply watching the movie is enough. We experiance the movie. We dress up like the characters. And we do all this for the grand scale story of good and vil in a galaxy far far away.

Yes the seating arrangements are important, but the memories will be so much better. Besides this is the last premiere unless you count the eventual IMAX premiere and dVD releases. Other than that there isn't another time we can do this sort of thing in reguards to Star Wars. God let the weather be nice.

25. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    If you want to make-up for missing C3, we'd could start some lines for you to stand in. "The C3 Simulator" could become a big hit at the line parties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.