main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Sith Self Portrait.

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Nicoll, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicoll

Nicoll Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2006
    Hi peeps. Just wanted to share this piece I've been working on. It's actually a self portrait, casting myself as a dark Jedi. Heheh.

Hope you enjoy it.

[image=http://www.artifice.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/recent/sithslef.jpg]
    You can find more of my work, including a higher res version of that image and the original pencil sketch, on my site.

2. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    wow, you're good.

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    IT rocks!

4. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Very nice. I think I have commented on this drawing before. Perhaps on DeviantArt.

Great job and welcome to the FanArt Forum.

AG88

5. Nicoll

Nicoll Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2006
    Thanks very much, peeps. :)

AG88 - oh yeah, so you have! Small (net) world, eh?

6. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005

awesome, the saber looks great, the way it contrasts with the rest of the image, I also like the detail.

7. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    heh, didn't that siths mom ever tell him not to play with sabers? :p
    That is really really awesome, Nicoll. Beautiful drawing!!!

8. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    This is very nice. I especially like how you've incorporated Sith artifacts (like his gauntlet) and Sith garb/armor a la KOTOR. Excellent shading.

9. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    That's pretty cool. I like how the color of the lightsaber stands out from the washed out look of the rest of the image. Welcome to the fan art forums. :)

10. Nicoll

Nicoll Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2006
    Cheers, peeps, it was a fun piece to do - took about five hours for the original sketch, over two hours for the background, and then another couple of hours composing it all in Photosop. But I did it all over a weekend and the time seemed to fly by :)

11. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Greetings, Nicoll, and allow me to add my belated welcome to the Fan Art forum! I love this image, both the graphite piece and the colored piece: your pencil work is to-die-for, with beautiful contrasts, detailing and shading--I love the pose for this figure (I have a terrible time with figures myself, so I really admire those who can draw them well! :) ), crouched down and almost casual, but with glowing blade--it's very easy, natural and yet tense--beautiful! The costuming/drapery work is stunning, with gorgeous flow and shading, and you've blended him into the environment very well--I sort of see him peering out a low viewport here, perhaps scoping out where his potential adversaries might be lurking... Beautiful piece, and we'll certainly be looking forward to the further adventures of Darth Nicoll, or whoever else you wish to draw and share here! Again, welcome!

FF

12. Vandalier

Vandalier Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2006
    Wow. All the work you put in gives it a profound feeling of morbid anticipation.

Nicely done!

13. Fenrisulven

Fenrisulven Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Really cool. =D= That contrast between the lightsaber and the grey sith is marvellous.

14. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Welcome to Fanarts, Nicoll! [:D]

Wow, that's really good! Respect! =D= Very cool pose, can imagine a Sith sitting somewhere like that - and so relaxed holding his lightsaber as if it was a pen. (the way his fingers lay on the grip remind me of that)

I also like that way we look at him, sort-of from the side. Or is he levitating in the air?

Anyway, what I originally had wanted to say was that I love it. (before I started thinking about whether that is his planet you can see through the window...) :D [face_love]

Beautifully done. =D=

Looking forward to more! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.