main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sith Teaching question

Discussion in 'Literature' started by hound89, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hound89

hound89 Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2005
    ok ive been wondering how much sith knowldge do u need to be considered a sith

i have her laot of people say Lumiya isnt a ssith even thogh that Vader taught her some sith teachings and she recived the guidence from the sith spirts of korriban now if that dosent make her a sith what will?

2. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    Actually ive always felt anyone can declare themselves a Sith Lord as long as thier powerful enough to defend the title, since they Sith have been wiped out even more than the Jedi :)

As long as you know they teachings and follow them, and can defend the title your a Sith Lord IMHO.

3. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Anakin knew probably next to nothing about the Sith when he was knighted, but it didn't seem to matter. I guess whenever the master deems you ready and gives you a title, you become a Sith.

4. hound89

hound89 Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2005
    but what hapens if u dont have a master and/or u use a holocron or some thing?

5. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Then I suppose the Holocron will tell you when you're ready. Ulic Qel-Droma as a hologram had a conversation with Anakin in The Clone Wars, so there's probably something like that in holocrons as well.

6. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    goto Korriban, Ragnos is always happy to help someone down the Dark Path :)

no seriously if you get the knowledge from somewhere, and you decide to follow it.. your a Sith Baby.

7. hound89

hound89 Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2005
    se i totaly agree with that but then why dont people consider lumiya and her aprentices sith?

8. Pershing

Pershing Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2005
    There are a few reasons why people think Lumiya isn't a Sith. First Lumiya wasn't given the most extensive training, Darths Maul, Tyranus, and Vader were already well-schooled in the ways of the Force when they were formally elevated to the status of Sith Lord. Lumiya had been given some training as an Emperor's hand, but nothing that could compare to her predecessors. Her knowledge has certainly increased over the years, but at the time she took up the title it could be said she had yet to truly earn it. Second Lucas has stated multiple times that with the death of Palpy, the Sith were gone.

IMO, I agree that she is a Sith. Vader and Palpy showed her a few things, and she learned from holocrons. She conversed with the spirits of Sith Lords and they apparently ok'ed it. She seems strong enough to guard the title. She may not be the greatest Sith ever, but she's Sith to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.