main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Sith training concept.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheMohawkNinja, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMohawkNinja

TheMohawkNinja Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2014
    I have developed a Sith training concept that is based around the use of a non-canon crystal I invented (the prefix is only because the book that this concept will be in is during that period). I want you guys to give me some feedback on it (and yes, before you say anything, I already know that it is breaking the Rule of Two. My protagonist doesn't adhere to contemporary Sith training philosophies). So without further ado, here we go.

My training concept appears, on the outside, to be very similar to mass martial arts training, in that a high ranking practitioner (in my case, a high ranking Sith) would lead a number of students (in my case, 100) through a series of motions that (in my case) would mainly resemble open palmed punches. Each time a student punches, they are to use Force Push. This is because on each of their hands, there is a leather strap with a special crystal on the palm side of the strap that I am calling a Kapsacene crystal. The crystal has the unique property that it absorbs Force powers, and (to keep with the law of Conservation of Energy) converts it into thermal energy. The idea behind the use of these crystals in this way is such that the Sith student with throw a Force Push that, instead of hitting the student next to them, is absorbed into the crystal, converted into thermal energy, which then burns the students palm. The student, becoming naturally enraged at the pain, will fuel their Dark Side powers into throwing out even larger Force Pushes as the series of punches continues, which ideally, creates a positive feedback loop as the now more powerful Force Push induces even more pain from the crystal burning even hotter. As a side effect of the constant burning, the student will become desensitized to much of the pain, but the increase in their abilities with the Force should always keep the crystal's burn above their pain tolerance threshold.

Therefore, the end result of the training is a Sith student who is stronger in the Force, while being capable of utilizing their emotions to their advantage as a Darksider while not becoming a being of pure, thoughtless rage (which, according to my main character, was the downfall of many Sith, as they were no longer capable of rational thought), and also being less sensitive to pain in battle.

On a side note, such a training technique will give me a nice way to have other characters identify a student of my main character, as their palms will be quite scared from their training.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.