Before Sithkiller Padawan - Vignette - OCs - KotOR - 3/18/11, Author Replies

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The_Nerfherder, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. The_Nerfherder Jedi Knight

star 1
    Title: Sithkiller Padawan
    Author(s): The_Nerfherder
    Timeframe: 3,660 BBY - KotOR Era
    Characters: OCs
    Genre: Action, Humor
    Keywords: Sithkiller Unit, Jedi Knights
    Summary: An Initiate finds a Master in a member of an elite Jedi Unit.
    Author Notes: Constructive criticism and feedback extraordinarily welcome. :D All characters are original and mine.

Sithkiller Padawan

Ketha Molokai slammed a foot on the brakes and guided her speeder to a spinning stop outside the Jedi Temple, flashed a broad smile at the Senatorial aide plastered against the passenger door and kicked it into park. A lithe, quick girl standing five-foot-seven, with bright green eyes and long, thick hazelnut-brown hair tied back in three braids, she had a squarish jaw, round face, a spattering of freckles across her nose, and a seemingly boundless energy. At sixteen she already plainly exhibited her father?s love for fast speeders, blasters, and lightsabers and her mother?s elegant beauty.

?Th-thank you,? the aide stammered, scrambling out and sprinting for the Temple doors.

Shaking her head and laughing, Ketha vaulted the side and waved to Thelam, who had the next shift on Senate duty. A menial job for Initiates, Senate duty entailed ferrying Senators and their aides hither and yon and occasionally sitting through boring meetings and mind-numbing Senatorial sessions, designed to introduce future Jedi to the governmental system of the Galactic Republic.

Her feet carried her swiftly toward the nearest gymnasium, and her fingers itched to expend pent-up energy with her training lightsaber. Low-powered, it would do little to defend or attack in a serious situation, but it was all she had. Until she was accepted as a Padawan, she would be ? as she put it ? ?stuck with a glorified glow-rod?.

Since both of her parents had been Jedi, she had been raised in the Temple, and when they died, custody had been left with the Jedi; she had no other living family. Almost everyone she saw was either a close friend or acquaintance, and someone she?d seen around at the bare minimum.

It was thus something of a surprise to walk into her favorite gymnasium and see a demonstration of incredible skill and power taking place. Two tall, lean Knights she had never seen before faced off in the middle of the gym, one two and a half inches taller than the other with rust-brown hair, his shoulders broad and his build powerful, the other six feet even, sandy-haired, and just a hair quicker, his dark blue-grey eyes bright and gleeful.

The taller of the two spun his green lightsaber artistically, catching his opponent?s blue blade easily. The turning point came when the sand-haired Knight forced the green blade up and slammed his shoulder into his foe?s chest.

Almost too fast to follow, the battle changed gears. The one made a quick flip to regain his balance and poise, and then met the furious onslaught with his green blade, and the other advanced swiftly, blue blade a graceful blur, smooth and fluid. She caught a few moves here and there, but for the most part her lack of training kept her from fully appreciating the battle, beyond its incredible speed. A green blade thrumming overhead, a few overlong sandy hairs barely escaping being singed at the ends as the one ducked; a blue blade sizzling by under the opponent?s feet.

Five minutes into the fight, in which neither seemed to be holding back and neither failed to enjoy the match to its fullest, both were dripping and sweat was rolling down the sides of their faces, their tunics sticking to their backs. They had abandoned their robes on the side benches long ago.

For a second it looked like the quick sandy-haired Knight would win. He executed a beautiful forward heel kick ? the rush of air leaving his foe?s lungs was audible at all corners of the room ? and the blue blade sliced through the air toward the unprotected neck. Then the tip of the green blade caught the other, and using his superior strength the rust-haired Knight forced the blue blade
  2. Raptor517 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hm. This I like...very intriguing. The opening paragraph was excellent in describing not only her features, but her attitude and character. =D=

Hope this continues.

Raptor517
  3. SoA Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    "Chaos and Mayhem." ^_^ Very nice.

Interesting group of characters. I second that hope of seeing more of these guys in action.
  4. The_Nerfherder Jedi Knight

star 1
    Raptor517: Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it. :D I've thought about it, and tried to get a lead on something further to write from this specific starting point, but my muse is telling me to start something new, something not confined to the precepts of apprenticeship, and leave this as it was originally intended, a character development piece.

SoA: Apologies, I am grievously behind in my replies. Thank you! Glad you liked it! :D It's fascinating that you found the characters interesting, as I found them fun to write myself. Never fear; I have a lot planned for these characters.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.