main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unclassifiable - - - SITUATIONS - - -

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Coruscant, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    IC: Agent Phil Coulson

I am Spartacus The armored man said. Phil's willed himself not to react. Now he was beginning to understand what was happening. Time travel.

"No I am Spartacus!" The other man said. He laughed and then added "Dont worry, you'll get that in about 2000 years."

Turning back to Phil, he said "I'm the Doctor" as if that explained it all.

"Doctor Who?" Phil said, expecting for the other man to continue. Before he could get an answer, the doctor continued saying "I dont suppose anyone has tried to open the door to see what else might be here. We might even be able to find my TARDIS and then I could take you all back to where you came from."

Phil shook his head. "Sorry. Haven't left this room yet. I'm still trying to figure out why I'm here. And was that phone booth your 'TARDIS'? I've never seen anything like that before." And that was saying something given his headquarters was a flying carrier that could turn invisible.

He then glanced at the history teacher. "Perhaps Mr. Kashihara can help you. It seems he's been here the longest."

Tag: Akinari Kashihara, The Doctor, Spartacus and anyone else.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Akinari Kashihara

Akinari shook his head. "It didn't open when I tried it. Although, I suppose it's conceivable that might've changed, what with all the other strange things that have gone on in the last five minutes."

In truth, of course, Nyarlathotep had never even checked the doors, they were no concern of his. But it seemed reasonable that Kashihara would have, if he had waited as long as he had. He had apparently gotten a little rusty at acting like one of the test subjects. In particular, humans were the sort of beings who didn't fully understand the implications of being forcibly relocated by powers beyond their comprehension. You didn't get to escape unless it wanted you to. Why fight it?

He let out a small chuckle at this strange behavioral pattern.

"You know, this seemed significantly less complicated when I assumed I was stuck in here by myself."

TAG: All

3. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Yodaminch
    Ramza
    Shereshoy Cabur
    SWBob
    Veloz
    HanSolo29

SITUATION 001, PART ONE

Title of Situation: Lucasception

Scheduled Duration: 31/8/2013 - 14/9/2013

Universes Involved: 1.) Darth Real Life, 2.) Inception, and 3.) Star Wars

Number of Parts: Unrevealed

Dramatis Personae (or, Persons who Must Appear in Part One):

George Lucas
    Dom Cobb
    Ariadne

Grand Objective of Situation: The inception of the idea in George Lucas's mind to sell Lucasfilm to Disney and make Episode VII inevitable.

Objectives of Part One:

A.) Formulate a plan
    B.) Find Dom Cobb
    C.) Obtain the Skywalker Ranch blueprints and property layout

All-Player Word Count for Part One: 15,000

The All-Player Word Count must be reached to unlock Part Two of Situation 001: Lucasception.

Note: The movie "Inception" is NOT required viewing. If you have not seen it, I will be glad to answer any questions you have, as will some of the players who have seen the movie.

(this is the second post. Situation begins now)

Yodaminch
    Ramza
    Shereshoy Cabur
    SWBob
    Veloz
    HanSolo29

IC as the Visitor from some old friends, loc. the Mansion

The wavelengths of the collective confusion that emanated from the room underneath the Visitor's own made him deliriously happy. That is, if he could even be delirious. With a hint of a smile, the Visitor stood up from the edge of the bed he sat upon and left the room.

He walked calmly and measuredly down the stairs, the weight given to his footsteps by this mass of matter he wore as his costume being muffled by the stair-carpet. The drawing-room was just to the right of the bottom of the stairs, with its lamplight casting a warm golden glow on the oak banister.

The people within the lamp light were just beginning to leave and investigate when the Visitor appeared from out of the darkness, framed in the entry way between foyer and drawing-room. They saw he was about 5 feet, 5 inches tall, with what human vernacular called "moobs" and having a rubber tire for a midsection. He was about 30 years old, wore a digital wristwatch with a cheap plastic band, and, considering he was grinning like a colossal imbecile, extremely bad, rather British teeth. He wore red crocs and a t-shirt with Darth Vader levitating, red lightsaber ignited.

"Not what you expected?" The Visitor chuckled. "I'm a big fan of Star Wars."

Absolutely no one said a thing.

"Anyway," the Visitor continued, "I am a Nebulan."

He looked at Han Solo and old Ben Kenobi.

"Some of you may know me, or maybe you don't, who knows..." He said.

Still no one said anything. He thought he saw the young Water Tribe warrior named Sokka quiver his lip. Close enough to speaking, the Visitor supposed.

"Let's get on with this. Again, I'm a huge fan of Star Wars. I'm also a Nebulan. Ah, well- you wouldn't know why I keep saying that. Let's just say I'm not allowed within the atmosphere of the Earth planet where Star Wars was conceived and enjoyed. Such is the woe of a Nebulan. I digress!"

The Visitor slammed his hands together and rubbed them with the most deliberately cliché feverishness he could muster.

"So you guys are going to do this for me! You'll be sent to the year 2010 A.D.- that may be a big deal for some of you; for the rest, you may have no inkling what that date means. I guess I'll deploy you somewhere in the North American continent. How about the Yukon territory? That seems close enough to Mr. Lucas' residence. What is it, a few thousand miles- that's a pretty small distance, right? I'm a Nebulan, I don't really think in distances that small... you'll have to forgive me, it's hard. OH, YEAH! I almost forgot. You guys are going to be responsible for Episode VII getting made! What do you think of that?"

Again, nobody said a word. There was a loud thud! like a heavy weapon being dropped on the floor out of sheer dumbfounded-ness.

"Well, let's go! And May the Force Be With You!"

The Visitor exploded into a shower of nebulan matter, and for a moment a glittering confetti of blue, green, and gold spectrum occupied the entire space of the foyer, then faded away into nothing.

The Mansion itself vanished into one spot, as if vacuumed into the eye of a needle at the exact spot where the Visitor had been standing. And then the motley group of the drawing-room was deep inside the forest of the Yukon territory, Canada.

TAG: any and all! I will play "NPCs" whenever necessary, to keep the flow going, but for the dramatis personae, you shall have to work out between yourselves which of you will portray one or more of those characters.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  4. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002

In the past year, Phil Coulson had dealt with an eccentric billionaire running around playing hero in his high tech suit of armor, a scientist with severe anger issues, a childhood hero who had slept through seventy years and a god who had the power to level a town. So perhaps he should have been more surprised when this 'Nebulan' made his appearance. But in truth, this made about as much sense as anything else for someone in his line of work. The man was rambling about a movie? Well Loki's reasons for launching an alien invasion made a bit more sense than that at least. He hefted the destroyer gun into his arms, prepared for a fight.

"So you guys are going to do this for me! You'll be sent to the year 2010 A.D.- that may be a big deal for some of you; for the rest, you may have no inkling what that date means. I guess I'll deploy you somewhere in the North American continent. How about the Yukon territory? That seems close enough to Mr. Lucas' residence. What is it, a few thousand miles- that's a pretty small distance, right? I'm a Nebulan, I don't really think in distances that small... you'll have to forgive me, it's hard. OH, YEAH! I almost forgot. You guys are going to be responsible for Episode VII getting made! What do you think of that?"

At this, Coulson felt the weapon fall from his grasp and land on the floor with a thud. Upon impact, the device seemed to power on, warming up. Seizing the opportunity, Coulson crouched down, his right hand on the butt of his gun, already flipping the safety off while his left hand reached for the trigger of the larger weapon.

"Well, let's go! And May the Force Be With You!"

Coulson had just grasped the weapon as he felt his stomach turn. His vision was briefly blurred as their mysterious host exploded. Suddenly, the room he had been standing in mere seconds earlier had been replacced with forest as far as the eye could see. Again, Coulson showed no visible surprised. Instead, he turned the safety back on his gun and withdrew his sunglasses from his jacket pocket. He stood up, holding the destroyer gun loosely at his side.

"Well, that's interesting. Does anyone know what he was rambling on about?"

Tag: Anyone

5. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    IC as Sokka, loc. deep inside the Yukon Territory

Sokka had once had a fishing trip cut short by a 100 year old boy in an iceberg. He had been licked off his feet by that boy's giant flying bison just moments later. He had helped free an entire city from a cabal of bureaucratic, mind-controlling ninjas and fallen in love with a princess who turned into the moon. He had encountered a doppelgänger of himself performing in a play and given that Sokka some first rate jokes to tell. Later, the performers portraying he and his friends in that same play were defeated by the Fire Lord in a terrifying glimpse of some future that gratefully never came to be.

But now this, the dwelling and its occupants, and the encounter with the enthusiastic, almost aloof Visitor had put Sokka in a very sad place. With all the power of his mental faculties he could muster (which was absolutely vast, although Katara would never admit that), and with a visible quiver of the lip and a twitch of his leg, Sokka determined that he had, with expedited finality, snapped. Before the "Nebulan" visitor was done speaking, Sokka had already sighed three times, jutted his chin up, and jammed his eyes shut in noble resignation, so he could be the very picture of whatever dignity he had remaining. He did not see the mansion disappear or the forest appear.

With the trees around them all, in the broad sunshine and silent air that is so peculiar to a deep wilderness, Sokka, his eyes still closed, announced to the people around him, who could very well be imaginary, "I am... kaput."

He let his boomerang and his space sword fall to the dirt, where the hilt of his sword bounced off a tree root with a woody thunk! Then he took out a small knife that only Katara ever knew about, and that every male member of the Southern Tribe carried, and held it out with two hands, blade pointed towards his stomach.

TAG: Yodaminch, anyone else

6. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    IC: The Doctor

"Well, that's interesting. Does anyone know what he was rambling on about?"

"Not a clue, but I must say he does know how to make an exit." The doctor whipped out his sonic screwdriver and started scanning the surroundings. They wer in the middle of the Canadian Yukon. He could see snow on the mountain tops in the distance, an indicator of how far north they were.
    The screwdriver beeped and he glanced at the read out. "Well, we are where he said we would be. Canadian Yukon, circa 2010." The Doctor was as perplexed as the rest of the people in the group. He could not think of anything that could take them through time and space without some form of device or ship. Nothing except the weeping angels. He quickly glanced all around him, looking for any sign of the stone assasins. But they usually send you back in time. No there is something far more powerful at work.

He then heard the man named Sokka announce, "I am...kaput." He looked over at him and saw him pull out a dagger and aim it at his stomach. The Doctor screamed out, "NO!" Running towards the man, he reached out for his arm, trying to stop him from killing himself.. If there was one thing I've never understood about some humans is their facination with death. "Now lets all stay calm here and not do anything rash. I'm not sure why you are doing this, but why dont you let me see the knife while we talk this over. I'll give it right back as soon as we talk and you can go back to killing yourself as soon as we do."

TAG: Yodaminch Coruscant

7. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    IC: Ben Kenobi

The moment had arrived. Facing Darth Vader once more.

Truth was, Ben knew it would come at one point. There’s no such thing as escaping one’s destiny, no matter how uncomfortable that sounded to most people. And facing Vader was his. But he was at peace with it.

He couldn’t avoid sadness, as he stood in front of his former padawan and good friend. Now more machine than the good man he used to be, anger and hate filling him. The future looked dark, like his friend’s armor, and yet…

Ben knew. Vader thought he had him cornered. Once again, his former student underestimated him, which of course gave him the advantage once again. "If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine”, Kenobi warned, but he knew Vader was too arrogant to even consider his words. “You still have much to learn”, Kenobi thought as the duel went on. Then he sensed Luke’s presence. Glancing sideways to look at the young man, Ben knew all hope was in him. His job, for now, was done. The rest would have to fall on Master Yoda.

Smirking, Ben looked at his former padawan. “There is no emotion, there is peace”, he started reciting to himself while taking a deep breath. “There is no ignorance, there is knowledge”, he continued, as he let his breath out, his eyes focused on Vader. “There is no passion, there is serenity”, he added as he started lifting his lightsaber. “There is no death, there is the Force”, he said as he closed his eyes and let go, knowing Vader wouldn’t pass up the opportunity to strike him down.

And then…

Light…

Ben Kenobi felt himself go, slowly losing himself in the warmness that surrounded him. He felt himself floating, and then a dizzying sensation overtook him. But suddenly, Ben felt himself sucked down. He would have screamed if he had any air left in his lungs, but the motion had been so abrupt, he had nothing left. Inwardly he cursed at Qui-Gon, who had made it seem the transition to the afterlife was gentle and smooth. “The joke’s on me”, he thought. And just when he feared he would fall forever in some kind of void, he landed on his back… in what would have been a soft layer, had a sharp object not pierced his back, making him groan loudly. He lay there motionless trying to compose himself, until he made sure nothing had been broken. “I’m not amused Master, not one bit”, he mumbled as he attempted to sit up.

And then Ben was confused. He looked around and found himself in what appeared to be a forest. “This is odd. This isn’t what I thought the afterlife looked like”, he thought as he stood up slowly. Ben had at least expected to find his Master welcoming him, but he was nowhere in sight. At least nothing appeared to be broken, other than his cool. As he turned around Ben froze in his spot when he saw a group of people he didn’t recognize. “Something’s definitely not right”, he mumbled to himself as he stared at the small group.He couldnt make out wha they were talking about, but there seemed to be some kind of drama. Instinctively he reached for his lightsaber, and let out a sigh of relief when he felt it its his usual place. Somewhat calmer, he surveyed his options, and quickly came to realize he had no clue what was going on, since this obviously wasnt the afterlife he was expecting to find. His only options were the strange people near him, so he decided to brave it. Ben took a couple of steps forward hoping that those people could fill him in on what was going on. “Hello there!”, he greeted cautiously, bracing himself for whatever was coming his way. "I have a bad feeling about this"...

TAG: Everyone

OCC: sorry for my delay! Hopefully i can catch up and help things move along :D

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Akinari Kashihara

As a being of unfathomable power from beyond conventional notions of space and time, permanently rendered extant by the necessary darkness in the souls of all men across all possible existences that were, are, and will be, Nyarlathotep had developed something of an appreciation for the presentational nuance of beings that liked to flaunt allegations of nigh-omnipotence. The technique of the Visitor was no exception. It lacked subtlety and charm, but it made up for these missteps in a certain amount of gusto. The task in question was sufficiently arbitrary, and the means of its completion almost comedic, in that dull, conventional way test subjects found something comedic.

In any case, he decided that Akinari Kashihara was not dealing well with this latest development.

"I don't really see why you think it's your obligation to stop him from taking his own life. This situation is absurd, you're claiming we're in Canada circa three years ago, and a being with enough power to teleport us all to Canada three years ago has commanded us to get a sequel made for some American film that I'm pretty sure already had a sequel. Suicide seems positively sane by comparison," Akinari observed, walking over to the Doctor and Sokka. His outward appearance remained about as calm as he had in the mansion, but there was a scattered look in his eyes. "Hell, for all I know I'm hallucinating all of this, and that sight might provide a sufficient shock to kick me back to reality. Go ahead, kid. Maybe it'll send the Nebulon or whatever it was a nice message."

9. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002

Not everyone appeared to be adjusting to their situation with grace. Sokka had collapsed to the ground and seemed poised to harm himself with a knife he had withdrawn. While the doctor was attempting to stop it, the history teacher Kashihara was actually encouraging the boy to harm himself.

"Go ahead, kid. Maybe it'll send the Nebulon or whatever it was a nice message."

"Excuse me." Phil interrupted, his voice as polite as ever, "I just came from being stabbed actually. It's not pleasant." He looked down at Sokka, projecting the same upbeat and calm expression he tended to show in high pressure situations. "I can't say I'd recommend it"

Before he could hear any more, an older man in a brown monk robe appeared from nearby. "Hello there! he called.

Phil turned to greet him. "Hello. I'm Phil." he extended his right hand, continuing to hold the destroyer gun loosely in his left hand.

Tag:
    Ramza Shereshoy Cabur SWBob Veloz

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Han Solo
    Unknown

"I love you."

"I know."

The words slipped from his mouth bolstering confidence - something he wasn't exactly feeling at this particular moment. In fact, for the first time, Han was unsure of himself and of the path that lie ahead. Deep down, he had this feeling that he wasn't going to escape this - this carbonite prison. Lando had hinted to as much and he had witnessed the rumblings between Darth Vader and the bounty hunter. He was practically a dead man. To be honest, he was surprised he had made it this far, but why did it have to end now? At this moment? With her?

She was the reason he had to remain calm and collected. He had to offer her some reassurance that he would be alright - even if he knew that would never be the case. She had to keep fighting and move on without the thought of him constantly bringing her down.

A lump formed in his throat as the platform shuddered under his feet and began to lower into the abyss. He glanced down briefly at the smoke and the darkness waiting for him below before lifting his gaze back to her - back to the princess. He held it there, unwavering, as the platform continued to descend lower into the pit. When it finally stopped, his heart was pounding, but he still refused to turn away from the princess. He would make sure she was the last image imprinted in his mind before hell froze over…literally.

He held her gaze until his line of sight was finally obscured by the swirl of smoke and condensation as it rushed up and enveloped him in an icy veil that sent unbearable pain to every nerve ending in his body.

And then there was nothing…

Or so he thought…

His eyes fluttered open a moment later and he gasped before drawing in a deep breath. He instantly became aware of the crispness of the air and the scent of pine that accompanied it. That didn't seem right. Han frowned and blinked a few times to clear his vision, his mind racing as he tried to comprehend what was going on. He was surrounded by trees for as far as the eye could see.

This wasn't exactly what he had been expecting…unless it was some kind of dream. He doubted this was the after life…he wasn't that lucky. He was probably destined to be thrown in one of the nine Corellian Hells and this certainly didn't look like any Hell he had heard about. So, yeah, he was probably dreaming - imprisoned in carbonite and now dreaming of being lost in the forest. Great.

He sniffed and started to hoist himself up from the mossy ground, quickly surveying his person and discovering that he was equipped with his gun rig and blaster. He smirked, but now he knew without a doubt that he was dreaming. He just hoped that this place would be kind to him. He didn't want to spend his time in an endless loop of nonsense and make-believe before someone finally decided to thaw him out.

And of course there were the ghosts and the regrets from his past…hopefully he wouldn't run into any of them…

Han shook his head to clear that thought from his mind and started to move forward with caution. He only took a couple of steps before the sound of voices wafted through the trees to his position. The sound gave him pause and he inhaled deeply through his nose as his shoulders slumped. That didn't take long.

Squatting down in the brush, Han started to inch forward until he spotted a group of people gathered in a nearby clearing. They didn't appear to be a part of a cohesive group - in fact, they looked pretty lost. This became even more clear when they appeared to start bickering amongst themselves. He had no idea what significance these people had to his dream and quite frankly, he didn't want to take the time to find out…until he spotted one familiar face among them.

"Kenobi?" he whispered, his brow knitting with more confusion.

This certainly made things interesting. Of all the damn people that had to appear…

He scoffed and slowly started to release his blaster from where it was resting within his holster. It never hurt to be cautious. Still, he would bide his time and wait…for now.

11. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    IC as Sokka, loc. the Forest

"NO!"

Sokka opened his eyes. He saw the trees, the clear blue sky... it looked familiar, at least. He felt more at home here in this forest than in that strange dwelling. That made him feel only a tiny, little bit better, but it was just enough to make him drop the ceremonial knife. Meanwhile, he filtered out the several voices warning him against what he had been about to do. Although, did he hear one person had been in favor of it? He looked to the side- it was that strange "history teacher" he found so suspicious.

"So, guys, I'm sure you're all wonderful, great guys," Sokka said, "and it would be pretty awesome to hang out with you, but here's my main objection to what's happened in the last few minutes... NONE OF IT MAKES SENSE!"

"I mean, what are the Star Wars?!" Sokka continued before anyone could reply. "Are they plays? Let met tell you, I've been to a few plays, and I don't really have any desire to see another anytime soon. And what did that visitor dude want? He wanted us to make some guy make another play? About a bunch of stars in the sky warring each other? What do they do, shoot at each other like meteors?"

TAG: any and all

And we're up to 3066 words so far.

@Yodaminch
    @Ramza
    @Shereshoy Cabur
    @SWBob
    @Veloz
    @HanSolo29

After speaking to some people about the "required Dramatis Personae" from the first Situation post, I have decided it's probably for the best that I take control of those three characters (Lucas, Cobb, Ariadne), who are required to help move the plot forward, due to concerns about possible god-modding. We still got to get our player characters to them, however.

12. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

Even if Ben wasn’t able to use the Force, he would have realized the small group of people before him was in turmoil. But with his abilities it was even more evident. It was only when he stepped closer that he got a look at he very strange group: there seemed to be some kid of alien creature with wings; a half naked man dressed with strange armor-like clothes and two other humans. But there was another male holding a knife to himself, and instantly Ben wondered what the heck he had walked into.

But before he could say anything one of the men stepped forward, right hand extended to him: “Hello, I’m Phil”, he exclaimed. “Well at least one of them has manners”, Ben thought to himself and smiled and he extended his own hand to greet him. It was then he glanced quickly at the man’s left hand, and saw it holding some strange weapon he hadn’t seen before. As if his guard wasn’t high already, Ben realized that he had to be extra careful until he found out more information about what was happening and who exactly these people were. “Hello Phil, my name is Ben”, he replied shaking the man’s hand firmly, and looking directly into his eyes, all of his senses focused in him. After a quick survey Ben came to the conclusion that, even though there was some confusion and stress, he also sensed that Phil appeared to be a decent man in a very strange situation. For now, Kenobi decided he would partially trust the man, and he would try and get some information out of him. “Can you tell me where I am? I don’t know how I ended up here, or why”, he added as he removed his gaze from Phil and glanced quickly at the other people. “I’m not exactly sure how i…”, he started saying but stopped abruptly. It was then that Ben sensed something… “We’re being watched”, he thought to himself, as he reached for his lightsaber, but didn’t remove it from his hilt. He looked around and extended his senses until he found the Force signature he was looking for. Frowning first, then he couldn’t help a small smile. Ben quickly looked towards some nearby bushes and smiled widely. “I never took you for a shy man, Solo”, he conveyed through the Force. The Force signature was unmistakable; although it appeared a little different from the last time he had sensed Han. But knowing the smuggler, Ben knew he couldn’t be forced to do anything.

Returning his gaze to the other men, he stopped smiling, cleared his throat and was about to speak, but the man that had been holding the knife spoke up, and as he did Ben became even more confused. Clearly he had missed something about a visitor and something called Star Wars. “Could Palpatine’s reach be so extensive as to cause an even bigger war with the rebels to spread out?”, he thought to himself as alarm bells rang inside his head. There was indeed a war in the galaxy, but no one had ever called it Star Wars. And he knew nothing about some play...

“What did the man look like?”, Ben pressed. “Was his name Palpatine?”, he added. Clearly, they were heading into trouble…

13. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002

The older man in the monk robe shook his hand and introduced himself as Ben. He could tell from the way the older man eyed the weapon hanging loosely at his side that he was naturally suspicious. The agent's eyes flashed briefly to the metal cylinder hanging from the other man's belt. He could tell it was some type of weapon, not unlike the device the doctor seemed to be running around with. That said, at least Ben had a normal name. He wasn't like the history teacher or Sokka or the doctor-who still hadn't said his actual name. He began to wonder if the man was some type of religious figure and that was why he wore the strange brown robes.

“Can you tell me where I am? I don’t know how I ended up here, or why. I’m not exactly sure how i…” The older man stopped, as if some invisible force had caught his attention. Phil followed his gaze as he looked around. Finally, he saw the man's eyes settle on some brush not far from their location. Years of SHIELD training, made it easy for Coulson to see that another man was hiding in there. His grip on the destroyer gun tightened, but he kept the gun at his side and made no move to unholster his sidearm. He noticed a brief glimmer of recognition in Ben's eyes and could tell that whoever the other man was, Ben knew him. Before Phil could ask him anything, Sokka seemed to have ceased trying to harm himself and was instead ranting about the task the Nebulan had given everyone.

"I mean, what are the Star Wars?! Are they plays? Let met tell you, I've been to a few plays, and I don't really have any desire to see another anytime soon. And what did that visitor dude want? He wanted us to make some guy make another play? About a bunch of stars in the sky warring each other? What do they do, shoot at each other like meteors?"

Phil let Sokka finish ranting. "Sokka," Phil said, forgetting about Ben and his mysterious friend, he turned to face the younger man and asked "Are you familiar with the concept of moving pictures?" He had a feeling the answer would be no.

Tag:
    Coruscant
    @SWBob
    @Veloz
    @HanSolo29

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Akinari Kashihara

Another one. No... two more. Well, at least the whole scenario kept getting more interesting. More test subjects were always a welcome prospect.

"Someone else, then?" Akinari said with a frown, sizing up the brown-clad newcomer. "You weren't even in the mansion. There goes my hypothesis - I'd like to think even my hallucinations followed some kind of internal logic. Kid, I take it back; you've probably got a lot to live for in some circles of thought."

Meanwhile, Sokka was becoming increasingly unravelled by the situation at hand. Phil was attempting to talk him down. From a grander perspective, it was a pleasant enough thing to watch.

"What did the man look like? Was his name Palpatine?"

"Palpatine ...?" Akinari responded, cocking his eyebrow. "I've... I think I've heard that name before, was he the villain in... Star Trek? Something like that? I don't like American movies very much, but some of my students are really crazy about them, they love to... Well, the kids these days. All wrapped up in American-made fantasies. Painfully ignorant of the world around them, descending on its long, slow slide into madness."

He glanced around at the Canadian wilderness. "Not that I'm one to talk at the moment. ... Ah, I forgot to introduce myself: Akinari Kashihara. Ben, was it? You must be some kind of cinema buff."

He sized up the man's dress. "Though I'll admit I've never met a Shinto priest who enjoyed films."

TAG: Veloz

15. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    IC: Spartacus the Bringer of Rain

Not really sure what to do or say, except say hello to the newcomers and confirm what everyone else was thinking - that they had no idea what was going on - and held his breath for a moment as the man named Sokka, seemed to almost take his own life.

Once he let his breath out he took a look around, walking for a bit, and taking in the surroundings. Going down on one knee he grabbed a part of the earth and let it slowly fall from his hand. This place felt a bit more familiar, but still it was nothing like the lands of the Roman Empire. The man said they were going to be sent to Yukon in the year 2010. He had no idea how many years that meant, or if it was the future or past in respect to his 'time'. Let alone if they were on the same lands as the Roman Empire. Hearing the odd words such as film, Star Trek, Palpatine, and etc made him even more confused. He certainly felt like he was the one who knew the least out of all of them. But if anything, in the midst of all this, Spartacus understood one thing.

There was an objective. To find this Mr. Lucas.

With that thought he stood up and walked back to the group and said

"Does anyone know of this...Mr. Lucas" saying the name felt odd for Spartacus. Although it did remind him of the word ludus. "Shall we move onward to find this person?"

TAG: ALL

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yukon, Canada

For being a dream, things were pretty uneventful so far. He would have imagined he'd be running across the wilderness from a pack of gundarks by now. Fortunately, that wasn't the case and as far as Han could tell, things were fairly...normal. At least, it could be perceived as normal. Nothing was out of the ordinary about a guy squatting in the brush, watching a group of misguided travelers, right?

He inwardly cursed at himself. Who was he kidding? He had been mysteriously transported to the woodland and the only person he recognized just so happened to be some crazy old wizard that he had seen die in front of his own eyes three years prior. If this wasn't some kind of dream, maybe it was true about there being side effects from transporting that high-end spice for all those years. He certainly appeared to be hallucinating. Thankfully, there appeared to be no signs of telepathy - another sure symptom of spice consumption, especially glitterstim.

"I never took you for a shy man, Solo."

He clenched his jaw and ground his back teeth together at the observation. No, he wasn't a shy man. He was on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Anyone who knew him would say as much. What he was dealing with here was an apparent attempt to get a rise out of him...well, good job. They succeeded.

"No, not shy," he groused under his breath as he shifted his weight beneath him. "Just cautious. That tends to happen when--"

He stopped in mid-sentence, his expression dropping almost humorously as realization dawned on his face. Goddammit, Solo! He's in your head--no wait--stop that!

A low rumble escaped from deep in his throat as he started to rise up onto his haunches. So much for crossing the telepathic trait off his list. Okay, so maybe he might have tried the goods once or twice in the past. It still wasn't supposed to have this kind of affect on him. He couldn't explain it, but it had to have something to do with him being around the stuff for such a prolonged period of time...

Or maybe...just maybe, this had nothing to do with a mild spice addiction at all. It could be as simple as the old man throwing his Jedi mind tricks on him. But again, that all depended on whether this was all in fact reality or only a manifestation of his mind while he slumbered in a carbonite-induced coma.

Well, there's only way to find out, isn't there?

Finally rising to his full height, Han lowered the blaster still in his hand and replaced it to the holster slung on his right thigh, making sure to leave it unhooked in case the occasion should arise that he would actually need to use it. This was his first good view of the entire group together and his eyes panned over them slowly, taking them in as he tried to gauge their reactions. His brow furrowed curiously at the odd dress, but his expression quickly grew serious as he noted that a few of them were carrying weapons. The blaster models may have been lost on him, but there was no mistaking the general shape and purpose.

And then there was Kenobi. His gaze fell on him last as his lip turned upward into a cocksure grin. "That's a nice trick, old man," he announced in a slow drawl, completely ignoring the others as he approached. Kenobi was his sole target. "You could've fooled me...especially after that disappearing act you pulled back on the Death Star."

He paused briefly to look around at their surroundings, tilting his head upward to take in the sky and the thick foliage of the trees above. "I also hear from the kid that you've been making unannounced visits...the latest being out on that frozen iceball a few weeks ago." His gaze returned to Kenobi, now staring the other man directly in the eye. "So, is this your new hobby? Haunting people in their dreams, huh? Cute."

TAG: Veloz, all

17. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

With each passing moment, Ben became more confused. Moving pictures? Star Wars? “I’m sorry my friend… which mansion are you talking about? And what is this Star Trek you speak of?”, he pressed. “I don’t know what you mean when you say American movies… do you mean hologram projections? And how do you not know who Palpatine is? He’s the Emperor”, Ben clarified somewhat annoyed and fearful. “What planet are you from? One in the Outer Rim?”, he wondered, knowing they would have to be from a very obscure planet to not even know who the Emperor is.

“Ah, I forgot to introduce myself: Akinari Kashihara. Ben, was it? You must be some kind of cinema buff." He frowned, but before he could reply, the man pressed on as he looked at Ben from head to toe in an obvious manner that annoyed him. “Though I'll admit I've never met a Shinto priest who enjoyed films." There he was again, speaking of strange things. “I’m sorry Akinari, but I have no idea what a Shinto priest is”, Ben clarified. “I’m a jedi”, he finally admitted, hoping that would shed some light and help others see that they could trust him, especially if the sith was somehow involved.

But feeling Han’s confusion and annoyance of being found out almost made Ben chuckle out loud and lose his concentration. Whatever delusions he thought he was having, it appeared to have dawned on the smuggler that he needed to wake up from them and face what was happening around him.

Before he could reply to Han though, his focus returned to the man in the very strange clothing, who brought forward some new information: “Does anyone know of this… Mr. Lucas? Shall we move onward to find this person?”. Ben had no idea who that person was, but maybe he would be able to find more answers with him. All of his questions would have to wait, at least for now. “I do not know who this Mr. Lucas is, but if we have to find him maybe we should get to it. He could provide some answers…”

Then Ben was interrupted as Han moved towards him in that all too familiar way of his, after apparently having decided to come out of hiding. "That's a nice trick, old man. You could've fooled me...especially after that disappearing act you pulled back on the Death Star”, the smuggler started saying as he surveyed his surroundings. "I also hear from the kid that you've been making unannounced visits...the latest being out on that frozen iceball a few weeks ago. So, is this your new hobby? Haunting people in their dreams, huh? Cute”, Han added, leaving Ben somewhat speechless. By the looks of it, Han was older than when they had first met, so it appeared that they had made it out of the Death Star after all. The bit about haunting people in their dreams must mean that the teachings of Qui-Gon worked, and he was somehow able to speak to Luke even after his death. Ben couldn’t help feeling relief. He had many questions for Han, but as everyone watched on, Kenobi realized this wasn’t the time to ask them. “I’ve no idea what you mean”, he tried to play down hoping that the others wouldn’t start asking him many questions. “We seem to be in a predicament at the moment, and it appears that we need someone of your talents to figure things out, Captain Solo. I’m afraid you and I are destined for another adventure, my friend”, Ben added unable to keep himself from chuckling, knowing how much he unnerved the man.

Tag: Ramza, Shereshoy Cabur, Yodaminch, HanSolo29, All

18. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004

"Sokka, are you familiar with the concept of moving pictures?"

Phil's question was very odd. Sokka had heard the word "picture" before, obviously (how could he forget Gena, his art teacher, who said, "Paint a pretty picture, Sokka," walked away, then returned to review Sokka's work with a mixture of horror and fascination), but he thought Phil referred to something more technological when he said it, doubly so when they were "moving." To which Sokka could only answer, "No, I am not, Phil."

"Not familiar," Sokka repeated, "with the concept of 'moving pictures.'"

TAG: Yodaminch

19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yukon, Canada

"Someone of my talents?" he repeated, one eyebrow lifting curiously. He appeared to be genuinely considering the old man's offer, but then his expression dissolved into a scoff and he shook his head. No, he was too smart to fall for that old trick - Kenobi was trying to manipulate him into cooperating by stroking his ego. The old man knew damn well what he had been referring to, he was only playing dumb.

"Forget it," he finally replied, shifting his weight to adopt a more casual stance. "I'm not destined for any adventure except the one that's gonna get me outta here. And given my current situation..." He paused, painfully recalling the events that ultimately led to his dip in carbonite. "That ain't gonna happen until someone decides to hit the defrost button and I wake up."

Inclining his head, Han locked eyes with the older man once more after having to take a moment to regain his bearings. It was an odd sensation to know that he was dreaming and not being able to actually wake up. He had to wonder - would his mind continue to function normally in his current stasis or would he slowly begin to lose all sense of reality until it ultimately drove him insane?

"Out of all the people in this galaxy to be stuck with in this place, why'd it have to be you?" he continued, ignoring that last thought. "What do you want, anyway? Don't you have a place you can go to be with the rest of your ghost friends? Or don't you understand the concept of 'rest in peace?'"

TAG: Veloz, others

20. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

Ben shook his head as he heard Han speak: "Someone of my talents? Forget it. I'm not destined for any adventure except the one that's gonna get me outta here. And given my current situation..." He paused, "That ain't gonna happen until someone decides to hit the defrost button and I wake up”, the smuggler added. It became evident to Ben that wherever and whenever Han had just come from, he had been in some kind of predicament. He didn’t have a good feeling about that ‘hit the defrost button’ bit, but it had to be bad enough to shake Han up this way.

Ben watched as Han studied him. "Out of all the people in this galaxy to be stuck with in this place, why'd it have to be you?" he continued, and if Ben hadn’t known any better he would have taken offense with that comment, but he didn’t. Instead he couldn’t help a smirk. "What do you want, anyway? Don't you have a place you can go to be with the rest of your ghost friends? Or don't you understand the concept of 'rest in peace?'". Once again Ben shook his head. “I don’t know what you think is going on here, but believe me, if I was where I should be, I wouldn’t be talking to you”, he tried to explain, although he didn’t want to say much in front of the strangers. “I don’t know what happened to you before you woke up here… I only know what happened to me… you know what happened to me. That’s the last thing I remember, what happened on the Death Star. Then I woke up here. So explain how we ended up in the same place even though we came from different times, unless this is real or we’re both insane. And clearly we come from different times, because you look a bit older than I remember. And I have a very distinct feeling that if this was your dream I wouldnt be in it at all”, Ben added lifting an eyebrow. “I want answers, and so do you. And in order to do that it appears we must find some Mr. Lucas”, he added as he looked around at the other individuals. “It’s your choice naturally, but I think in this situation it might be best to stick together. Or I could just persuade you to join us. You know i have ways”, Ben mumbled lifting his eyebrows, trying to lighten up the situation, although he wasn’t sure about his ability to amuse anyone anymore. He always did have a bit of a darker sense of humor that not everyone understood, so he could only hope Han found him threatening of using a jedi mind trick amusing."In a nutshell, i'm not a hallucination, as much as you wish i was. I have my lightsaber also, if you wish for me to prove that to you", he added before letting out a wide smirk.

Tag: HanSolo29, others

21. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002

No, I am not, Phil. Not familiar with the concept of 'moving pictures.'

Phil simply nodded his head. He'd expected that.

"Ok. Imagine a device that could capture an entire play, exactly as it was performed at the time. And then, using another device, you could watch this play any time you wanted. That's a movie or film. And apparently, that is what this 'Nebulan' wants from us. He wants us, to apparently make a movie."

Phil finished patiently explaining what a movie was, hoping that anyone else unfamiliar with the term had overheard as well. He couldn't tell if they had all heard them. Ben had seemed to be engaged with another person who he thought the other man had called Solo. Whatever this Solo and Ben were discussing, it seemed about as believable as anything else the SHIELD agent had witnessed today.

He reached into his pant pocket and withdrew his cell phone. As he turned it on, he was disappointed to learn that he had no signal. He resisted the urge to sigh and simply began to think about what was next. They had spent far too much time standing around as it was. He wasn't sure how much time they had left before their Nebulan host grew frustrated at their lack of progress. In truth, Phil had no idea how they were going to accomplish the task before them and he certainly had no idea how they were going to escape.

IC: Professor Charles Xavier

He had failed. He had failed everyone. His own arrogance and foolishness had been his undoing. At least, that's what he told himself. In truth, he knew it was love that had caused his present situation. Charles had cared too much about Jean to ever consider harming her even though he had seen the power she had possessed. He knew how dangerous the Phoenix was. And yet, he had convinced himself that he could control her.

And that had been his fatal mistake. And so there he hung, the very atoms that had composed his frail body being pulled apart by the young woman in front of him. Jean Grey, now possessed by her other personality the Phoenix, literally reducing him to atoms.

He stood frozen in time, unable to stop her physically. Mentally, his mind continued to fight as the power of the Phoenix beat him back. Distantly he could hear Erik screaming at Jean to stop. A blur of motion to the right caught his eye and he could sense Logan crawling towards his position. But it was too late. He was already dying.

"Don't let it destroy you" he whispered, looking at Jean, pleading for her to come to her senses. Then, with all of his remaining strength, he turned his head to glance at Logan and smiled. And then, he was gone.

[I]-moving pictures[/I]

[I]-what this 'Nebulan' wants from us[/I]

-[I]all the people in this galaxy to be stuck with[/I]

-[I]have my lightsaber also, if you wish for me to prove that[/I]

Charles' eyes snapped awake and he surveyed the area in front of him. He was in a forest. At first, he thought he had to be dead. But if he were, why was he still sitting in his wheelchair, unable to feel his legs. Surely if this were the afterlife, he'd have full mobility? At least, that's what he thought.

He closed his eyes for a moment. The minds of others around him were almost screaming at him. Some felt alien while others seemed confused, angry and afraid. Immediately Charles could tell that he had arrived during an unfortunate situation. A quick probe of a mind that was open to him revealed all he needed to know. He rested his hand on his chair's lever and guided it towards the SHIELD Agent.

"Agent Coulson. My name is Charles Xavier. I believe I may be of some assistance in this task. You see, I am a telepath and I suspect you may need someone of my gifts to complete your mission."

[B]Tag: [USER=1337484]Ramza[/USER], [USER=1377393]Shereshoy Cabur[/USER], [USER=351318]HanSolo29[/USER],[/B][B][USER=1139942]Veloz[/USER][/B]

OOC: To be clear, Charles only sensed Coulson's thoughts. But if anyone wants to cut the intros, let me know and Charles could have sensed theirs as well.

Brought Chuck in because he might be useful in a task that involves the mind.

22. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    OOC: Can you add Xavier to the player list, please?

"Ok. Imagine a device that could capture an entire play, exactly as it was performed at the time. And then, using another device, you could watch this play any time you wanted. That's a movie or film. And apparently, that is what this 'Nebulan' wants from us. He wants us, to apparently make a movie."

As Sokka listened to Phil, his eyes betrayed his reactions- first, they widened in wonder; second, they froze in shock; third and lastly, they curled up towards the sky in exasperation.

"As much as I would like to be part of this intriguing documental process," Sokka said, "don't you think we just need to figure out how to get back home? The Nebu-thingy sent us to 'the Yukon,' and I admit I've never heard of it, but who am I? I'm just a Water Triber Warrior who has traveled the entire world on the back of a flying, six-legged sky bison, with none other than the Avatar himself. We'll figure out where this Yukon is."

Sokka took his eyes off Phil and concentrated deeply. Then he focused on the world around him, drinking it in with every sense- sight, sound, smell, taste, and touch- and learned every possible thing he could just by standing in this surrounding. Then his mental retreat from the outside world- during which the appearance of a wheel-chaired man went unnoticed- had ended and Sokka spoke up again.

"The Yukon looks like it's probably in the Earth Kingdom." Sokka said, then he pointed in a direction, "North is that way."

Then he pointed in another direction.

"And there's a river that way."

TAG: minch, all

23. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

But just when Ben had a small sense of familiarity as Han showed up, other beings were hell bent on keeping him confused. Hearing Phil explain the concept of moving pictures gave Ben the sense that it was indeed similar to the holonet… but then the one Phil called Sokka spoke up and he was back in the land of confusion. Kenobi wasn’t familiar with any Water Tribes or flying six-legged sky bison (whatever those were), and naturally he had no idea who or what Avatar was, but apparently they were in a place called Yukon in the Earth Kingdom, that of course he had no recollection of whatsoever. Ben scratched his head and looked helplessly at Han, hoping the smuggler could shed some light on the matter. The universe could have changed a lot after his death, and Solo could be of help in filling those gaps.

It had been a new arrival that had instantly caught Ben’s attention the most of though. A man sitting in what appeared to be a primitive hover chair suddenly rolled in, addressing Phil with an assurance that only came from knowledge, be it that he knew Phil personally or he had other means of finding things about Phil, which appeared to be the case. "Agent Coulson. My name is Charles Xavier. I believe I may be of some assistance in this task. You see, I am a telepath and I suspect you may need someone of my gifts to complete your mission”. Instantly Ben turned his focus onto the bald man, carefully probing his mind. He could feel the strength of Xavier’s mind and knew that attempting to get into such a strong person's head unnoticed shouldn’t be attempted. Weak minds were much easier to probe unharmed, naturally, and made it easier to tiptoe in and out without leaving any unpleasant long term effects. “Let’s see how good a telepath this man really is”, Ben thought to himself, before making an obvious attempt at connecting with Xavier.

TAG: Yodaminch, all

24. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: Added Chuck to the list as requested:

The Player List

1. Sokka of the Southern Water Tribe : : : Coruscant
    2. Agent Phil Coulson , Professor Charles Xavier : Yodaminch
    3. Nyarlathotep : Ramza
    4. Spartacus the Bringer of Rain : Shereshoy Cabur
    5. The Doctor (Tenth Incarnation) : SWBob
    6. Obi-Wan Kenobi (old Ben) : Veloz
    7. Han Solo : HS29

IC: Professor Charles Xavier

Charles could tell that Agent Coulson was still a bit taken aback by his revelation. It didn't help that he seemed distracted by Sokka, the water tribe boy. Charles focused to avoid reading the other boy's thoughts as it seemed that he was easily excitable. As he was doing this, he felt another reach out to him.

Let’s see how good a telepath this man really is

Charles grinned. Seeing that Phil was distracted by Sokka, he took a moment to respond. Hopefully good enough Master Kenobi he sent back. He turned his head so that he was facing the other man and smiled.

Tag: @Veloz

Phil had no idea what to say to Charles Xavier. Given everything SHIELD had dealt with, telepathy was not that surprising- though he was a bit surprised at how easily the other man had read his mind. He did have mental resistance training and had thought he was suitably protected. Apparently not. Which to Phil, meant this man was indeed a very powerful telepath. And that might indeed be of some use to this group. He wondered what the doctor and Akinari would think of their latest visitor. Before he could address the other man, Sokka had piped up, apparently not noticing what Xavier had just said or not caring.

"The Yukon looks like it's probably in the Earth Kingdom. North is that way." Phil followed Sokka's finger as he pointed saying, "And there's a river that way."

Phil nodded. He could tell that Sokka was very good at navigation and map reading. However, he had a phone with GPS. He reached into his pocket and withdrew the device. Turning it on, he waited patiently for it to load. To his dismay, the phone displayed an error. The phone was apparently unable to connect to any network. Phil turned the device off and returned it to his pocket. There was no way his phone could not find a network. This was a SHIELD device. There wasn't a place on Earth where a SHIELD phone couldn't get a signal. Which made Phil wonder if he really was on Earth or not. He turned back to Sokka and said. "You might want to start leading us. We're on a time table and if we don't find this Lucas person, I doubt our host will be pleased."

Tag: @Coruscant, @Ramza, @Shereshoy Cabur, @HanSolo29, @SWBob

25. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004

"You might want to start leading us. We're on a time table and if we don't find this Lucas person, I doubt our host will be pleased."

Bells rang in Sokka's head- just like how when the bells of a village rang and all town inhabitants looked up to the source of the sound, all the thoughts inside Sokka's utterly vast cerebrum become focused on one singular detail. Every insight, every perspective, every experience, every lesson from every mistake, every doubt, every fear, every love, every joke cracked and uncracked- all of them turned to face one spoken word from the man Phil's mouth, the epicenter of attention.

"Leading."

It was as if the man Phil was an agent of the Spirit World, although he himself may not have known that. All that mattered was that Sokka knew, and understood the divine message he had received. It was his time to lead. He had helped Aang and Katara win the war of a hundred years, overthrowing Firelord Ozai and Zuko's crazy sister Azula. And the whole time, he had watched them lead. Not once had let any of his jealousy simmer to the surface. Instead, he merely sat back with a knowing smile, content to be sarcastic and form a two-man peanut gallery with Toph.

But now! It was Sokka's time. No Aang, no Katara, no Zuko... just him. It was good to finally see the world and people around him acknowledge his superior set of skills and unique leadership qualities. A supreme confidence coursed through Sokka's veins; he felt it emanated off him like a visible aura, the way the moon glows bright.

He turned towards the direction of the river and set off at a dead run. Without looking back at his newly bestowed flock, he shouted, "FOLLOW ME!"

TAG: Yodaminch everyone