main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Six Nations Rugby 2009

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LAJ_FETT , Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Day 1 is today and England have beaten Italy by 36-11. Good start for England, but Italy's errors helped them along.

In the second half Ireland is leading France 20-18. Scotland play Wales tomorrow at 3pm.

So is this England's year?

Edit - Ireland have beaten France 30-21. Pretty good game - it could have gone either way in the second half.

2. bobmarley

bobmarley Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2009
    didnt watch the england game but it was a great result. i think ireland dominated through most of the game against france but it was very close up until the end and could be a title decider.

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Welcome, Bob!!

Tell me, how do you like your doughnuts?

4. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    England's year!! lol

You must be bloody joking!

Wales, France and Ireland are far better teams than England. I don't think they have a pray.

They'll be lucky to finish 4th this year. I don't know whats happened to the England team but they looked
    shocking against a very poor Italian team. When they come up against someone with a bit of class they're
    going to get a thumping.

Wales for the Grand Slam again baby!

5. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Despite the win, England were pretty tragic. It'll take a few years for them to establish themselves once again, and that's only if it's a smooth process from here onwards.

I think Wales will be the team to beat, although Ireland are looking good.

6. I_AM_GEEK

I_AM_GEEK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2004
    Well looks like another wooden spoon for Scotland.

:_|

7. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    second half was much better - some defensive lapses lead to points being dropped in the frist half - hopefully that won't happen again.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think Tice might be right about Wales being the team to beat. Next week's match against England should be interesting.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    England were not really convincing, and I doubt they'll win the Six Nations. France & Ireland looked good, I think Ireland might win this year.

England need to get their act together if they are to be taken seriously. They got humiliated by southern hemisphere sides and that seems to have had little effect on improving them.
    They won't be last, but they need to step up a bit. I can see France giving them a hefty defeat.

Still, I suppose they are performing better then the England cricket team, who were all out for 51 against West Indies [face_laugh]
    I forsee another 5-0 Ashes whitewash in the summer.

10. Louis_Skywalker

Louis_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2008
    Can England win this? lets hope it doesn't go the way of the cricket

11. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I wonder if any games will be in Paris . . [face_mischief]

[image=http://www.outsports.com/news/2007/paris_rugby_ad_poster1.jpg]

12. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    All the rugby pundits are predicting a big defeat for England at the hands of the champions Wales on Saturday.

Think we should win it by a fair margin, can't really see England making the massive leap needed to compete with Wales.

The only thing that might swing it for you is if we play Steven Jones again. His kicking was probably the worst i've ever
    seen against Scotland. He managed to turn a game that Wales should have won by a big score into one where we were holding
    on for the final 10 minutes. Cost us around 15 points. Can't afford to do that again!

Hope Hook gets the start.

I predict a score line of Wales 28 - 9 England.

If Wales win it, it will be the first time they've beaten the old enemy 3 times on the bounce for 20 years.

Sucks to be you guys. ;)

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I fell asleep during the Scotland match. In my defense I have come down with the work cold and I'm feeling like crap.

Well, the England/Wales result was about what we expected. At least it wasn't a blowout.

14. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Its a good time to be Welsh :)

Sucks to be English though. hahahahahahahahaha

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    At least England has won a match..it sucks worse to be Italy or Scotland..

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just a heads-up that the first Friday night Six Nations match is tonite at 8pm on BBC2 - Wales play France. The other two matches are tomorrow.

17. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    How's that going?

18. I_AM_GEEK

I_AM_GEEK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2004
    w00t Scotland actually won, mon the Irish!!!11!

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    England sucked.

But as long as Italy are winless at least England won't get the wooden spoon.

20. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    It's England's poor discipline that sucks. If we weren't getting so many players sin binned all the time, we probably would have won all our games.

The France-Wales game last night was a cracker. How Wales didn't score a try right at the end I'll never know.

21. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    lol@england

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Edit - NVM..

I hope England manage to win today...

23. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    29-0 up at half time. Should be able to hold on.

24. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Well, the first 42 minutes were good.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The first half was good. Unfortunately I'm suffering from the latest mutation of the cold making its way around work and I fell asleep for most of the second half. At least England won!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.