main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Sixth Meeting***

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Obi-Wan's Apparition, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    It's been a while...

How would everyone like a mid-August meeting?

EDIT: locked per CR request...

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    might have to make that September, I'll be gone in August for another vacation. (Not like anyone NOTICED I was gone 2 weeks ago)

The main things are to decide WHAT sort of group we want to be. It'd be nice if we could all get together to go to a movie once in awhile or something. The only problem with that is that there are movies that some people would want to see and some wouldn't. Last summer I suggested Men in Black 2, but since it was shot down and we only have a handful of members, it never happened.

We also need to focus on creating an advertisement flyer and find places that will let us place one there. The Student Union bulletin board would be a REALLY good place.

I'd really like to get this t-shirt thing done. Or at least a banner. And a fanforce icon for Lincoln would be nice as well.

These are things I wish we had thought more seriously about BEFORE we became official.

3. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    If we had done that we probably never would have become official...

John, I'd love to have another meeting, but I'm not sure August will work for me. I'm leaving again this Saturday, and when I get back I'll have less than a week before I move into the dorms. Did you have a few dates in mind?

Liz, it's hard to notice you're gone when you don't post here regularly. And that goes for all of us - we all seem to have been taking a break this summer so it's not obvious when one of us goes on vacation. I've been in Minnesota for the past week and nobody noticed, but I'm not insulted.

4. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    ...when I get back I'll have less than a week before I move into the dorms.

I didn't know you were going to live in a dorm! Exciting! :D

Did you have a few dates in mind?

Not really. Lets make it Mid September instead, ok?

I hope you both have fun vacations, even though I have a feeling you have both left.

*Is stuck at home* :(

5. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Mid-September sounds perfect.

Btw, did I tell you where I was, John? ;)

6. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    No, but I can guess. :( I hope you're having a great time though!

7. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Yeah, I had a good time. Sorry, I don't mean to rub it in :(

8. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    It's ok. :) Btw, did you go where I think you did?

9. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Yep! But it was really hot, like upper 90's all week. That's kind of unusual for up there - most places don't have AC b/c they would only need it for like two weeks out the year. It was still gorgeous though. Not having any humidity helped a lot with bearing the heat. :)

10. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    we seriously need to have this before the **end of the year**. Really. I'd like us to be a semi-active FanForce. Please.

11. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Well, do you have any ideas?

12. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
  13. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I don't HAVE any ideas and my suggestions in the past have not worked. I know I shot down one idea before (Sorry Ashley - the coffee house idea) but I don't want to be the only one to come up with ideas.

I'm having surgery in 2 weeks from tomorrow. I'll be out of commission for a few weeks so I wouldn't be able to do much.

I think what we need to do first is create a flier or a poster for the Fan Force. I think you can probably post a copy of it at the Student Union. I've been inside there and there is a corkboard. That'd be a perfect place to advertise.

I'd like to be able to find a regular meeting place - whether we continue the Gateway/Westfield Shopping Town Food Court or if we do something like Barnes and Noble.

The thing is, if we want to be able to talk, we'd have to make sure not to chose the library.

So basically, we need to step back and look at what we haven't done yet.

1) Advertise - THIS IS A PRIORITY

2) Meeting Place - Lower priority, but something we need to think about.

3) What kind of group are we? Are we just a fan club? Or do we want to be bigger - like do stuff like work at the soup kitchen or something?

4) T-shirts! Maybe we can recruit someone that is majoring in drawing/art/whatever

5) A Board Scheme. Its the boring plain one right now. Don't you think a colorful one would be a little more homey?

6) An icon. Wouldn't you like to have a icon that says LINCOLN FAN FORCE?

7) Maybe a New Name. I don't think Star City Alliance actually fits. Its okay, but we need something that's a tad more creative.

So, basically this next meeting (Which we'll probably have to delay again til at least late October) is major. We need to design a poster preferably before this or come with ideas at this meeting.

I'd love if Lincoln was more active, we'd have more members to get input from. I'd love to have a book club, do some things like buy toys for christmas for the needy, etc.

But I'm not the one that is going to come up with ALL the ideas.

14. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Well, two of us live on campus, and three of us go here. It would be most convenient for us if we met somewhere on or near the UNL campus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.