main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Sixth Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, May 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    Most malls, or any public places, wont let you walk around with anything that even resembles a weapon. It's been really bad since 9/11. You should have seen security at Celebration 2! Everybody had to have their sabers checked in by security, and they put a BIG orange sticker on any blasters and sabers if you wanted to walk around with it.

2. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    Where exactly in the mall are we meeting on Saturday? Food Court? Theatre Lobby? Let me know.

Thanks,
    Ian

3. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Food court.

4. NabooPop

NabooPop Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2000
    A little late to be posting this I know, but I plan to be there.

5. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    We'll see you there.

6. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    The 6th meeting had the largest attendance of all the other meetings. To my knowledge, there were 18 people there. Some haven't posted yet (they're friends of present members), but I hope to see them posting soon.

We had a lot to discuss. Since this will be a lengthy post, I'll put important stuff and things that ask for responses in red.

First Name: Firstly, after six meetings and the seventh one being planned now, many members feel it's appropriate to start using real names. On the attendance list, members were asked to write their username and real name. But, if people want, I can start a thread for people posting their real names.

Fanfilm: We also discussed the fanfilm. It looks like we have all the resources needed: digital camera; editing and fx software; costume people; writing people; etc. More about this in the new thread I'll start.

7th Meeting: Location, location, location (and date). The details of our 7th meeting discussion will be in the 7th meeting thread.

I think that's it. But I probably forgot something, so respond if you remember. Many of the attendees are attending a digital viewing of AOTC at this time. A few weren't able to make it, including me. But I hope to have other gatherings to see the movie, not official meetings, just get-togethers.

I remember some other discussions (IMAX viewing, et al.), but I'll leave those that suggested the ideas to up their thread or start one.

7. yaddel

yaddel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Oops I was there for a little bit but I didn't get to sign in, sorry I had to run off, baby just would not let me stand still, but I wanted to say that it was nice to meet everyone :) Also I would love to help with costumes for the fan film if you need it.

8. NabooPop

Jun 19, 2000
    Just wanted to say I had a great time and was glad to get to meet everyone.

Especially cool was getting to compare notes after the movie.

But also the comments during the movie. I now won't be able to watch the pre-arena Padmé-and-Anakin scene without cracking up. :)

9. gh0stdevil

gh0stdevil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    LOL. What NabooPop is talking about, for those that weren't there:

We (all of us) were watching AOTC, and they get to the part where Padme says something to the effect of, "I love you, truly, deeply. Now that we're going to die, I just want to tell you..."

and Generic Lurker says,

"I'm really a man."

LOL. Too funny.

It was GREAT meeting everyone!! Had a great time!

Dark Helmet -- thanks for the CD!! I'm watching the psychodelic holiday special right now, man...it's bad. =)

Mogook -- let's set a time to mess around with the camera. Also, let's figure out what software we already have, and what we need to get. I think between the three of us we should be fine.

Big Broadcastah -- please, don't steal any cardboard cutouts of Jango Fett any time soon. We can't bail you out of jail if you get caught! =P

Everyone else -- I'll check up on Centennial Park details for meeting 7.

-gh0st/Chris

10. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    I must say you guys are a fun crowd. It was just great to sit around and talk star wars for all that time. I really do think it would be nice to know everyone's real name, even if so that at a later meeting if we see a buddy walk by we dont' have to yell "HEY GHOSTDEVIL!" across a crowded room.......
    I know you guys don't want to yell "orangerful" across a room, now do you??

Anyway, great fun, can't wait until the next meeting! I hope we can do the "outside in a park" plan, that sounded like a good time.

toodle pip
    Sam

11. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    As always it was fun to hang out with you guys. We had a blast. Looking forward to meeting number seven and working on the fan film.

M.M.

12. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm glad everyone had a great time. It was a lot of fun. I was very sad to not be able to make the movie, would've been a lot of fun to see it with all of you. But, if any of you want to plan a time to go down there and see the movie again digitally, post it. I'd love to see the movie again there.

13. Yoda_in_gold_bikini

Yoda_in_gold_bikini Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2002
    Hey all,

This is Paul, aka Generic Lurker. I told you my s/n would be clever and have something to do with Star Wars. I feel this one falls into that category :-D Some other choices I was considering were (in no particular order):

DArth-ropology
    YodaIsEvil
    DarthGrover
    DarthLurker
    Darth_HowardTheDuck
    GenericLurker
    YummyBlueMilk
    SourBlueMilk
    YummyDeathStix
    Clone0000157_Rulez
    Emperor_Bill_Gates
    R2DTox
    LuvableFurryOldYoda
    Struthers-the-Hutt
    I_hate_sand
    Pile-of-Dooku
    DeathStarContractor
    MackinAnakin

If anyone is looney enough to so have the desire, they may feel free to take any of them.
    I had a fun time at the meeting, and I look forward to continued lurking, and possibly more frequent posting.

14. Yoda_in_gold_bikini

Yoda_in_gold_bikini Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2002
  15. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    "R2D-Tox" LMAO!!!!! Glad to have met ya there, Paul......and all the others that were new to the group. It was nice to put names with faces. And a special thanks to Yaddle for bringing those cool action figures. They are Grrrrreat!!!

16. yaddel

yaddel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Lets see what I can find for the next meeting :)

17. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Welcome to the forum. I like the name, funny and creative. I hope to see you a lot on these boards. :)

18. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Whoa. This is so weird. Out of sheer chance, I was at the Annapolis Mall on Saturday the 22nd, and I believe that I ran into you guys by accident. I was in the Kay Bee toy store looking at AOTC figures and I saw a small gang of people wearing Star Wars shirts. One was wearing a shirt from Celebration II and I commented on it. It wasn't until I was driving home that I realized that i was probably you guys!!! So in a sense, I was there for the 6th meeting, if only for a few brief second and I didn't really get to actually meet you guys in person. I couldn't have stayed anyway. I was on my way to a wedding shoot . Hope that you all had fun at the digital showing. I hope to see it soon before its gone.

John

19. NabooPop

Jun 19, 2000
    MrSkinnee, I was the one with the Celebration II shirt (unless somebody else had one that I missed).

Glad you saw us, albeit briefly. Check out the thread on the 7th meeting and maybe you can join us there.

20. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Just saying that if anyone finds an extra Palpatine, please keep it for me. I can pay you back fully at the 7th meeting. Thanks

Son of M.M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.