main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Size Matters Not ? Qui-Gon & Tahl 1-post ? reply, 1·6

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MistiWhitesun, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistiWhitesun

MistiWhitesun Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    The Qui-Gon Jinn Challenge Thread

Qui-Gon's "First Kill" challenge parameters:
    Write about Qui-Gon reacting to the first time he witnesses someone killing another. The killer can be a) Dooku, b)Qui-Gon himself, c) one of his padawans, d) one of the Jedi or e) one of his friends (whoever that might be).
    It does not have to be from Qui-Gon's point of view!

Author's Note:

I welcome criticism. I'll gladly accept any critique, regardless of it being sent over posting or PMing.

[b]Do not curse or blaspheme, please![/b]

If any of you are mad at me for insensitively prying at your stories, do scold me. I deserve it.

If you tell a joke, please put some sort of smily after it. Otherwise I might not get that you're joking. Thanks! :)

Enjoy! :)

[hr]
    [hl=red][color=white][b]Size Matters Not.[/b][/color][/hl]

"[i]Run[/i]!"

Padawan Qui-Gon Jinn fled. He reached the marketplace and blended into the crowd, carefully easing his breathing.

He scanned the area for a familiar face. None.

The teenage boy stiffened, beginning to panic. He practically shoved his way to the statue in the middle of the square. She wasn't there. Where was she? She was supposed to be here!

Screams and blaster fire caught his attention. The crowd scattered away from a nearby street.

He could suddenly see her, darting between people, over carts, and under steeds, her dark honey skin slick and green-and-gold striped eyes blazing. She lunged feet first at the statue, her backflip off of it interrupted by a blaster bolt catching her in the side. She collapsed with a hiss, the burly bounty hunter landing off his swoop beside her, vibroblade drawn.

"[i]Tahl[/i]!" Too late, he leapt forward to protect her?but she somersaulted out of the way of the fatal blow. Igniting her lightsaber in mid-roll, she pulled a backhand that sliced the man in half.

Surprised, the bounty hunter slowly fell to the ground, his upper and lower torsos separating.

On one knee, Padawan Tahl held her side, gritting her teeth. "My Master's going to kill me," she complained with effort before blacking out.

He caught her, lowering her gently into his lap. He looked down at the spindly girl he held, then back at the dead bounty hunter, some times her size. His gaze returned to Tahl.

And stayed there.

2. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
  3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    hehehehe Tahl's comments crack me up sometimes, wasn't sure if that 'My Master's going to kill me' was her dry humor, but it kind'a made me chuckle.

Great lil postie! :)

4. VaderHomeBoy

VaderHomeBoy Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2004
    That was great. Just in case you don't know this, I usually lurk. So I had to like it a lot to post at all.

5. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Thanks, Kynstar & VaderHomeBoy! :)

Kynstar:

That comment could be serious or her humor. Either interpretation fits. I'm not sure, myself. :D Thank you.

VaderHomeBoy:

[face_blush] Why, uh, thank you. [curtsies timidly] I'm honored.

[face_thinking] ?If you're interested, more people have liked Heads Can Be Useful. :)

6. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    An interesting story that's very well written. I had to read the ending twice and it can be interpeted quite differently.

I'd love to see you write some more Qui-Gon as he's my favorite character and you seem to do him well.

7. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Thank you, sidious618! :D

I enjoy dual meanings. It makes for confusion; but it's fun.

In the challenge thread I did two Qui flash fics and some Quiku that are others' thoughts of Qui-Gon. (Gift, Relax, and see the Quiku listing in the challenge thread.)

In fact, if you like Qui-Gon so, check out the Qui-Gon challenge thread. There's some great stuff in there. :)

8. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I really like the ending. I agree that there is more than one way to interpret what Tahl said, but it provides food for thought :) . Although the story is short, it is very meaningful. Well done! :D

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. MasterSareBabe

MasterSareBabe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Is this the whole story or is there going to be more?

10. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Thank you, Valiowk & MasterSareBabe! :D

Sorry for the late reply. I've been?still am?sick.

Valiowk:
    Thanks. :) That's what I tried for, & I've learned the multiple meanings taken from it can vary, I'm guessing according to the reader's gender.

MasterSareBabe:
    This is the entire story. If you want a full-length?though in-progress?Qui/Tahl mission, see Woven Twine. Thanks for reviewing! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.