SJFF Movie Meetup 1: Memorial Day showing of XMen3 at San Jose theater

Discussion in 'San Jose CA' started by Knight_Dilettante, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight_Dilettante Jedi Master

star 4
    Lets try a Movie Meetup at the Memorial Day Monday first matinee of X-Men 3 at whichever SJ Century is showing it.

I'll update this thread with a final showtime and theater once I can get that info off Fandango and believe that they know what they are talking about.

KD
  2. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    NICE starting movie. :D I can't wait to see it!

Hope it goes well, guys!
  3. Lilith Demodae Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll be there, and I'll bring Ping. So that's at least three...
  4. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If you see someone carrying a squirrel puppet or a big dragon puppet, that's me.
  5. Knight_Dilettante Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I still don't know what I'll be wearing/carrying/using as an identifier but I'll be there. I might be able to bring another or I might not.

Currently Fandango says there is a 12:10pm (ie just after noon) showing at the Century 21 on Monday May 29th. So I'll be planning on meeting you all there for that showing. I'll double check with the theater as soon as I can to make sure of the theater and time etc.

I'll bring cookies and we can meet up a little ahead of time to have a first meeting of the year, eh?

KD
  6. Lilith Demodae Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm more than happy to show up 45+ min early to get in line and chat. Ping and I shall discuss wardrobe choices for easy identification. :)
  7. Knight_Dilettante Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent. I'll have cookies as one identifier but still, I'll try to think of something a bit more obvious.

KD
  8. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Is there an official theater, time, and date yet?
  9. Lilith Demodae Force Ghost

star 4
    Cent 21 @ 12:10?

Ping will be wearing a blue hat that says "PING" and I'll be with her. :)
  10. Knight_Dilettante Jedi Master

star 4
    That's the one. The 12:10pm (ie just after noon) showing at the Century 21 theater in San Jose (3161 Olsen Drive, San Jose, CA 95117) is the showing we'll be going to. I plan to be there early to wait in line and I will bring cookies and we can have an actual meeting if enough others show up. I will PM the RSA right now to see if it is too late to advertise it as such as I think we are supposed to do.

I'm still not sure what I'll have as an identifier other than the cookies and my red hair. I think I'll have my husband in his Millenium Falcon tee-shirt too. He's over 6' so that makes him easier to spot than some. If I finish it I might make him wear the Jayne hat so he can be easily spotted even from a distance. But he might refuse since he's shy (and it's summer), in which case, maybe I'll be wearing it.

I'm not sure what time you're planning on getting there with Ping, Lilith, but I am aiming to arrive by about an hour ahead of time right now. Hopefully that will work for getting a good spot in line. I've no idea what the lines have been like or are likely to be like.

KD

Edited to add:

Here's the info I have sent the RSAs in case we need to have an official announcement - which might be good because we might get more folks:

San Jose Fan Force is having their May Meeting May 29th (Memorial Day) at 11:30am at the Century 21 theater in San Jose (3161 Olsen Drive, San Jose, CA 95117) as we wait in line for a Fan Force outing attending the 12:10pm showing of X-Men 3. Topics under discussion will include the next meeting event, charity efforts for the Fan Force, and SW interests to pursue as a group.

The "agenda" I listed is just some things I thought we might want to talk about if we want to have an official Fan Force here. Everyone should feel free to suggest things to talk about in addition to just getting to know each other.
  11. Lilith Demodae Force Ghost

star 4
    A Jayne hat! That's fantastic. In that case, I'll wear my Browncoat t-shirt. :)

By that time I hope to have initiated Ping into the ranks of the browncoats. She's dragging her feet because she said she didn't want to get all involved in a show she knows got cancelled mid-season.
  12. Knight_Dilettante Jedi Master

star 4
    By that time I hope to have initiated Ping into the ranks of the browncoats. Excellent! By the by, in case you didn't know, Baycon is showing Serenity Sunday evening as well as having a couple of Firefly/Serenity themed programming events that day.

KD
  13. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hope the movie was good and the munchies even better.
    Please post all about it.

[face_clown]
  14. Knight_Dilettante Jedi Master

star 4
    It was certainly fun meeting Ping and Lilith though we didn't end up really covering the agenda very well [face_blush] since we got sidetracked (or I did) into crafts and writing. I thought the cookies were yummy but then they were my second favorite kind so... The movie was fun/good, but since we didn't really have a quorum, (unless we do get to count Ping - but I doubt it since she is just visiting) this still won't count as an official meeting. I kept watching for a puppet, Koohii, but I never saw one. And judging by the time of your post that's because you couldn't make it.

It was still infinitely more successful than the last attempt at a meeting though so I am going to try one more time for Pirates of the Caribbean. I'll start a thread for that in a week or so. Maybe third time's the charm.

KD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.