Chic, IL Skating In February @ Millennium Park

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Bosh_Talk, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Fellow Fans,

Don't forget, we will be ice skating (weather permitting) on Saturday, February 26th after the Book Club luncheon. We'll be at Millennium Park.

We had postponed the event from January partially due to a conflict in times/dates with the costume club, but mostly due to the fact that it wasn't going to get over 8 degrees that weekend. More details as we get closer.

Bosh
  2. RexGetz Jedi Knight

star 2
    Who's plannig to go. I'm in...
  3. nalan1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    ill be there as long as i dont have to skate
  4. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
  5. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll be there, and I'll be skating. Skating is fun...
  6. nalan1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    skating is fun, just that i am horrible at it.

kinda sad born and raised in minnesota and cant skate a lick, my g/f is from Petaluma CA and can skate circles around me

Guess i should have got out of the basement more often
  7. Dex_Luminara Jedi Knight

star 3
  8. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    [color=660099]I will probably spend a good amount of my time getting back up after falling, but I'll be there none the less.[/color]
  9. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    See you all there today at 5pm.

10. RexGetz Jedi Knight

star 2
    Getting ready to go. See you guys down there.
  11. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
    WOOT!!!!! Im really looking forward to this.
  12. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    How did it go? I've been stuck in bed for 3 days coughing up lung-butter, and I didn't think ice skating was a good way to cure that, otherwise I would have been there.
  13. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Lots of fun. About half of us skated, and half of us laughed at the other half when they fell down. Between the Book Club & Skating we had about 20 people altogether I think. Then seven or eight of us went on a Jedi Pub Crawl on Rush Street (hosted by Rex who ended up getting us a 50% discount on our food & booze at P.J. Clarke's.)

Bosh
  14. ThomSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Pictures were taken... I'll send you mine ASAP, so you can post them sometime in 2007, Haz. ;) I tried to get some .avi footage, too, but when I played them back on my computer they were running super-fast, even when I turned playback to the slow setting. So that's a bust; I must figure out why that happened.
  15. Dex_Luminara Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, I only fell once, so that's a victory in my book, Peaches' attempts at getting it to happen again notwithstanding. But very glad I went, A good time was had by all, except maybe Phil, the ice likes him a bit too much! :p Sorry I missed the pub crawl but in this group we're never missing for opportunities for that. Between Rex and me there ARE ALWAYS MORE! The whole day was a blast!
  16. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    as always...
    so sorry to have missed it...and will have to live vicariously through your photos...

I assure you...you had a much better time...no matter how many times you fell....than I did on Saturday...

17. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    [color=660099]I did not actually fall, but rather discovered my talent for completely loosing my balance yet somehow managing to remain on my feet.[/color]
  18. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    it is all that circus style training...

;)
  19. BespinBelle Jedi Knight

star 1
    Arrggghhhh - I KNEW I was forgetting something this weekend! Ah well, I wouldn't have been much fun anyway, since it sounds like I had a milder version of Haz's condition. Glad to hear everyone had a good time, though.

mmmm.... lung butter.....

20. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
    EWwww! Yea, Im really looking forward to Thom posting his pictures. I know Haz'll have some GREAT captions for the pictures.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.