main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Skiing with OA and J_M ;-)

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Jaina_Mirax, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Mirax

Jaina_Mirax Ex CR North-Germany and GSFF RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Santa in Germany

You can acually write him and Santa will respond yo your letter!

An den Weihnachtsmann in
    D-21709 Himmelpforten

You can even chat with him :eek: ! ;)

No way... Santa lives in Finland! Next to the mountian Korvatunturi

THIS is where Santa lives!

EDIT: Back 2 Topic! Watched EuroSport Today this evening... Hannawald 3rd. Not bad! Congrats to Ahonen! He deserves it! He´s been numer two or three for years now... Hope he wins some more competitions!
    The Austrians are scaring me!! :eek:

2. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    Just my luck. When I don't watch ski jumping a finnish guy wins. Oh well it's still wonderful news.

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Well from a Swedish point of view, at least we one them qualified and got to the final this weekend. We are easily satisfied!

4. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    Hannawald won! And he was elected "Sportler des Jahres" this evening (for winning "Vier Schanzen Tournee", and silver/gold at the Olympics last season!

5. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Germany has got the "Vier Schanzen Tournee" but no snow... :p

6. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Hannawald is well worth it.

I was a bit surprised that they had the qualification today, I thought they would skip that and go directly to the competition.

7. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    I am all excited about tomorrw :D

8. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Well Ahonen jumped quite well again. Still it's too bad he couldn't beat Hannawald.

9. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    it was cool to watch though. I love the first round´s knock out/one on one competition :D

10. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I don't like the knock-out system, I prefer the traditional way, I think that's more fair to everyone.

Do you think that Hannawald would be able to repeat his victories in all hills this time?

11. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    I agree with Obi Anne about the knock-out system. The traditional way is much better.

I don't believe Hannawald is going to win all four hills this time. I already made a bet with one of my friends about that.

12. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    Hannawald: it would be awsome, but I don´t think he will.

Knockout: Ok it may not be fair but it is exciting.

13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Ski jumping is exciting by its own, it doesn't need knock-out, even though I think it will be even worse if they drop the judges, as they did in the summer tournament.

14. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    i didn´t follow summer tournament. what did they do?

talking about judges: i thought it was funny when one of the judges missed the start of the second round at Obersdorf on sunday :D

15. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    In the summer tournament the judges only judged the landing, it was soooo boring. Everybody got 18,5-19.

16. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Quite good competition today. It's just too bad so many jumpers stumbled (especially Hannawald and Ahonen). But the good thing is that my friend has to buy me a beer since Hannawald didn't win.

17. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I like when Peterka wins, he has been one of my favourites since I was 15 and thought he was cute, I don't think so anymore. It's also nice when there are jumpers that doesn't come from any of the big nations.

You do wonder how they had prepared the hill, it isn't exactly normal with that many falls.

18. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    yeah kinda scary whenso many fall... i hate to see it... ok, usually it looks worse than it is, but still...

I was so sad that Ahonen fell. I mean he would have been first!! He deserves it so much to be first!

19. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Well at least Ahonen is in lead after first two competitions. He already promised that he will jump just as long jumps in Insbruck that he jumped today and that he will stay on his feets. I have always liked that Ahonen never tries to make excuses when he doesn't win, he just bluntly states that he needs just to jump longer jumps.

It's also good to see that two of the younger finnish skijumpers (Arttu Lappi and Veli-Matti Lindström) have jumped really well so far. Now just Matti Hautamäki has to start make better performances and Finland will have quite good team for later competitions. Currently Austria seems to have overall best team. And also Norwegians are coming back to the top on skijumping (thanks to Mika Kojonkoski probably). I wonder when we're going to see next good swedish skijumper, it's been quite long since the last one.

20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Sweden has some pretty good junior jumpers, but when it's time to get up to the senior level there aren't enough resources to give them, they can't get coaches that are good enough, so then they just stabilise at their junior level.

JÃ¥fs, has the capacity, he was second in Trondheim some years ago, but he needs a better coach especially for the mental training.

21. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    Last season Jussi H. wasn´t bad either, so we shouldn´t forget him.

Lindström is pretty cute, at least on the picure my sister took last year :D

Just a question. Why does Ahonen hardly smile. I mean I´ve seen him smile 2 or 3 times, but not a s often as the others.

I think it is time for another english skijumper! Eddy the eagle II ;)

22. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Ahonen is just so stereotypical Finn;
    he doesn't talk much and he doesn't smile much.

I still remember Eddie The Eagle. He was just cool. We even have a song about him here in Finland. Eddie himself can sing that (in finnish) and he likes it a lot.

23. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    My sister just watched a Aki Kaurismäki movie and she said she can now understand why everybody thinks the Finns are frowning all day long.

But all Finns I know love laughing, and don´t even come close to the image a lot of people have about Finns!

24. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Actually, not to be mean or anything, but most Swede's that know ski jumping thinks that Ahonen is the perfect sterotype for a Fin.

25. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Well at least not a stereotypical Finn. I'm always happy and I smile a lot. That's why everybody likes me.

Yeah! Ahonen won!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.