main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Skiing with OA and J_M ;-)

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Jaina_Mirax, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I think that Austria is the most likely candidate for the gold in the team competition, must be tough to select the team for the world championships.

2. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    [image=http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38751000/jpg/_38751401_pal220ap.jpg]

Wow! Kalle Palander won two slalom events in row. That doesn't happen often to Finnish alpine skiers.

3. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Hopefully he will do well in the championships too, they start next week, don't they?

4. Jaina_Mirax

Jaina_Mirax Ex CR North-Germany and GSFF RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    thats great!
    well I wonder what happened to Raphaël Poirée and Ole Einar Bjoerndalen last weekend... usually they are far better!

5. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Okay Finnish jumpers are back on the top. It's been awhile since Finns won the team competition in ski jumping last time.

It's interesting that Janne Ahonen was the worst of Finnish team. I always wonder how ski jumpers suddenly lose their touch.

6. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    yeah it´s weird. anyway, i´ll be gone for a week. cu then!

7. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Val di Fiemme was wonderful!!!!

And yes, I crossed my fingers for the fins in the team event.

Except for the Swedish medals I think that the funniest was Spillane's in Nordic Combined Sprint.

8. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    i have no clue what was going on this week... gotta catch up!

9. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Excluding Spillane's and that czech guy's (50km) victories nothing special happened.

And Malysz won also small hill.

Right before Val Di Fiemme I was sure that Austrians would beat everybody in ski jumping but it seems I was pretty wrong. I would have liked if Finns would have gotten a medal from smal hill also but still all five Finnish jumpers performed quite well (except maybe Ahonen who didn't jump as well as he could have).

10. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    After the qualification for the small hill I was sure that the Finns would take at least one medal.

I think that Lepistö will get difficulties staying on as the Austrian coach after Val di Fiemme.

11. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    After the qualification for the small hill I was sure that the Finns would take at least one medal.

It was tough competition. Tami Kiuru was just one point behind Noriaki Kasai who was third. But it was nice to see that Kasai is among the best jumpers. He's after all over 30 already and he got two bronze medals.

German jumpers didn't jump very well either which was a bit surprising also. But that's one thing that makes ski jumping very interesting sport to watch: only few jumpers manage to stay on the top for longer period of time. Then there's lots of those jumpers who dominated the sport for short time but soon disappeared into oblivion, for example Toni Nieminen, Espen Bredesen and many others.

12. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Just great! Now they caught again a Finnish skier for the use of doping at Val Di Fiemme. Well it's no wonder that nobody in Finland anymore has any interest in cross country. But I would have that Finnish skiers would have learned something from past experiences.

13. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    well, some people just think they are soo smart and in the end, somebody finds out... like Johann Mülegg in Salt Lake. I mean he won a Gold medal WITHOUT doping...why did he dope for the second race? I don´t get it...

14. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    He was probably doped for the first race too, he won too easy, they just couldn't detect it.

And the rumours in Sweden says that it's Kaisa Varis, she must have been really stupid to actually get caught when she should have known that she would have the eyes on her, after the first tests.

15. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    :_| My parents and my sis left for a one week skiing vacation this morning! :_|
    And I am stuck here with three other GSFF girls... :D It´ll be fun though :D

Might go to Sölden for the Weekend, though...It´s crazy.... 10 hours to go there, go skiing for one day, and drive back the next day. It´s really stupid, but we´ll have a lot of fun promoting student exchange on skies/snowboards :D

16. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    If you don't get caught up in Stau. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.