main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Skill and Poetry?A New Liam Neeson Fan Community

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Aludra_Jinnobi, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aludra_Jinnobi

Aludra_Jinnobi Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2008
    Site Title & Link: Skill and Poetry
    Administrator(s): firieth_sidhe (Aludra_Jinnobi)
    General Description:

?With real acting, true acting, there's nothing to hide behind. These fighters are there with all their strengths, and all their weaknesses... They can't act at what they're doing.

And I just always think, great performances in acting is something similar to that, you know. That it's not all technique. Of course, boxers have technique. The great ones have extraordinary technique.

But there's something else there, and it's that strength, and weakness, and that incredible vulnerability, makes for the wonderful skill and... poetry. When it's done well.?
    ?Mr. Liam Neeson, speaking of boxing and acting

This new community is dedicated to the poetically talented actor Mr. Liam Neeson?the man behind such characters as Qui-Gon Jinn, Oskar Schindler, Rob Roy, Michael Collins, Henri Ducard, and Mikhail Polenin. Its purpose is to be a growing, constantly updated community that will further the knowledge of Mr. Neeson?s past, present, and future projects. It is also a place to share the artistic talents of his fans, whether through graphic art, written works, music, videos, or other mediums.

Skill and Poetry respects the private life of Mr. Neeson and those close to him. For that reason, no unfounded rumours, slash, excessive fangirl/fanboy drooling, or speculations as to his sexual/political/social inclinations are permitted here. Posts are open to all members, but they will be moderated to insure that this respectful atmosphere remains to be so.

We have no official connection to Mr. Neeson, his family, friends, or business partners. What we do have, is a great appreciation for him and his work.

If you are a dedicated fan of Mr. Neeson, please consider joining skill_n_poetry.

Genre: actor fan community
    Keywords: Liam Neeson, actor, acting, Star Wars, SW, TPM, AotC, RotS, ANH, ESB, RotJ, EU, PT, OT, inter-trilogy, GFFA, humour, Qui-Gon, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Rob Roy, Batman Begins, Schindler's List, Lincoln, K-19 The Widowmaker...
    Notes: To join, you will need a Live Journal account. Live Journal accounts are free and may be created by visiting the link shared above.

2. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Interesting. The design is a little on the bland side, as it's not really doing anything to attract my attention, but that could be a limitation of livejournal. I'm not experienced with that website, so I don't really know. One thing I'm curious about is what your definition of "minor" in your content warnings is. I don't really see anything that could be considered unsuitable for minors, but you had an entry warning about being under 14 years old. Mind a bit of clarification? :)

3. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    This is excellent! Being a fan of Liam [face_love], I do appreciate such a tribute to the essence of the man's true skill. But about your adult warning, like the other guy said, I didn't see anything that would be inappropriate for children under the age of 14. Actually, it was more mild than many Liam sites that I've seen.

Good work! =D=

4. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    And here I thought I was past being "the other guy". :p

5. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Sorry, Bac; couldn't remember your name...:oops:

It's not your fault! [:D]

6. Brandon Rhea