Skinning.....*sigh*....man am I an idiot!

Discussion in 'Scifi 3D Forum' started by tekmaster, Oct 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tekmaster Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, I have Maya and I need to get some skinning tutorials, because I have no idea how to connect my models with my skeletons.

Houston, Please advise!
  2. d_eisenga Jedi Knight

star 1
    uhm, have you checked the manual? are there no tuts on skinning with maya?(dont know if there are cause i dont have it)
  3. Jumbo_Fett Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, minimally, you can select your model (skin) and then shift-select the base root of your skeleton (the top-most parent of all your joints) and then click skin>smooth skin bind or rigid skin bind (you need to have the animation menu set active). This will bind your skin to skeleton, but you really should read the manual and/or check out some tutorials because there is alot of tweaking you would need to do after binding.
  4. tekmaster Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, thats kinda why I was asking, just to see if there are any tutroials that you could refer me to. Most of the come-wtih Maya stuff confuses me.
  5. PapaFett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Try the links above... first and foremost Google... followed by CGnetworks Forums (Better known as CGTalk) then 3DTotal & 3dLuvr... then once you have worked you way through those you could head over to highend3d.com (probably where most of the google search will take you anyway).
  6. tekmaster Jedi Knight

star 3
  7. glh3586 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Another thing you might want to check into is the book, Maya character animation. Its probably the best book i've ever read for maya. While it mainly covers the set up and "rigging" of models it goes over a lot of modeling techniques too.
  8. Obi-Timbo Jedi Knight

star 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.