Skinny Hayden vs. Buff Hayden

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Yoda_Anakin, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    He looks amazing on the next to last pic there.

Star Wars is one
    /LM
  2. leelee Jedi Youngling

star 3
    oh it's a tossup for me because he looks amazing either way. But even though i thought I'd never say this I think I like him even more in Episode III
  3. Tyranus_the_Hutt Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I am in the minority here, but I really admired Hayden's performance in "Attack of the Clones". Regardless of whether or not he is skinny or buff, I just hope that his work in "Episode 3" helps to silence some of his critics.
  4. Billy_Dee_Binks Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    [link=http://moonsofiego.thepensieve.net/anakin/anipics.htm
    ]Anakin/ Hayden picture archive[/link]
    Great link!
  5. Yoda_Anakin Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I would just like to give a big thank you to Ana_Labris for taking time to upload the pictures. You're the best!

*Three Cheers for Ana!*
  6. Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan

star 4
    *blush* Thank you.. I hope they were good and rare enough.
    K, I'll go hide now before people start paying attention to me.. *blushes again*
  7. Billy_Dee_Binks Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Sorry, didn't post it right.
    Here it is again. You'll love it:
    [link=http://moonsofiego.thepensieve.net/anakin/anipics.htm]Anakin Skywalker picture archive[/link]
  8. Yoda_Anakin Jedi Youngling

star 1
    That's an amazing archive, thanks!

And don't go away Ana, we're family here! ^_^
  9. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well I'll try to make this as much about ROTS as possible... ;)

Hayden went through such an amazing transition between AOTC and ROTS, physically and mentally, in the way he approaches Anakin. He truly makes Anakin look like he spent the last 3 years growing up really fast, because of the war and his marriage. He would naturally be bigger from all the combat. His hair is longer and more unkempt. His phyisical changes reflect his mental ones. It's definitely comparable to Luke in ANH and in ROTJ.
  10. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think you're right. Luke has a major 'upgrade' in both this powers and attitude between ESB and ROTJ. I expect Anakin to also do the same.

You don't really notice how much Hayden's put on until you see him next to Ewan, or look at the old AOTC pictures...guy looks like a beanpole in AOTC in comparison now :p
  11. Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    What strikes me the most is the fact that he really looks like an adult in ROTS, while in AOTC, he was a true teenager.

Star Wars is one
    /LM
  12. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    There's a pic, that's supposedly in the new Insider, which shows Anakin shirtless. It parallels the nightmare scene in AOTC. He definitely looks more mature this time, all Hayden's physical training is going to pay off in the best way. He just looks incredibly human and strong, which is such a neccessary tragic thing for us to see, on the eve of him becoming more machine than man.
  13. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    lol I can almost hear you rubbing your hands in glee at shirtless Anakin :p
  14. Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I saw that pic(in the gallery BDB linked to). He looks like a MAN! He's not a boy, not even a guy, but a MAN!

Star Wars is one
    /LM
  15. Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I was very tempted to post that pic here, but sadly the text contains a spoiler :(

But yes manly man *orc voice* man-flesh. */orc voice*
    *nods* Gorgeous transition.
  16. Tyranus_the_Hutt Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Wow! Hayden is buff! Thanks for the pics, Billy_Dee! Watch the spoilers, though. This is a non-spoiler forum, if I remember correctly.
  17. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The Insider #80 pics are phenomenal.

But they are currently classified as spoiler material, because the issue has not been released yet. They were leaked early.

And let me tell you, some of them are surprisingly spoilerific. I was surprised. LFL seems to be giving away much of the movie.
  18. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Like them both equally... :) Well no... buff Hayden is better... :D

So Garth you recommend NOT reading the next Insider?

19. Cow_Girl Jedi Master

star 5
    Personally, I don't like guys that are "Too Buff" While there are certain physical traits that will attract me to a guy, Muscle/Build usually isn't one of them.

I like to be able to get my arms around them to give them a hug ;)

Truthfully, I didn't even notice that he had "buffed up" for ROTS, I was too busy loving his new longer hair [face_love]
  20. Tyranus_the_Hutt Jedi Padawan

star 4
    True, GARTH_MAUL, Lucasfilm does seem to be quite generous with the amount of plot detail that it is deciding to make public, but it begs a larger question: why? Realizing the unfavorable public response to both Episodes 1 and 2, does Lucas believe that he has a film that will "deliver"? By making such information available, does he try to reel in disgruntled, alienated fanboys? Or is this just a desperate attempt to develop some publicity for the film? Or is it none of the above? I really don't know.

In terms of my personal reaction to the actual amount of plot material having surfaced, well, I don't know what to think. Why is it that the works of Shakespeare or Chekov or Beckett, for example, continue to endure in an immediate, potent and timely manner? Why is it that we can be entertained or saddened or moved or amazed by such works after being familiar with their secrets and intricacies? As far as actual film or theater is concerned, it is because such material is neutral and therefore abstract until it is shaped by direction, acting, writing, set design, etc. Those things give form and context to the outline and detail of a script, and thus transform it into something very specific. While it is unlikely to be Shakespeare, although certainly suggestive of "Othello" ;), I think that the same can be said of Episode 3.

EDIT: To keep it on topic - yes, for the third time, Hayden is muscular (in a lean, chiseled way).
  21. Obi Anne FF manager Celebrations

Manager
    star 7
    ROTS Hayden is hot, but it also has a lot to do with the hair and scars. I'll definetly choose ROTS Anakin (pre-Vader of course ;) ) before AOTC Anakin.

22. leelee Jedi Youngling

star 3
    OOOOH! can anyone PM me the insider pics?
  23. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    PM'ing is fine, because we can't monitor that, but we'd prefer no linking in threads to the LEAKED Insider 80 pics.

Once the magazine becomes available, we will be more free to discuss the exciting pics. But as of now, they are leaked and therefore are considered spoilers.

I would say that if you have seen the trailer, you'll probably be more excited than anything for the Insider 80 pics.

If you haven't seen the trailer, don't read Insider. ;)
  24. DarthTickle Jedi Youngling

star 1
    When I saw AOTC with my girlfriend, I remember my reaction to her saying that she thought Anakin was really cute. "Really? He's so skinny, and looks like a kid."

If she says it again in May, I'll get it.
  25. JediPrincessKas Jedi Master

star 5
    I know it's been said, but I really didn't notice the difference Hayden had made for this new movie. Comparing pictures from AOTC and now from ROTS, it's amazing. He definitely looks much better with some muscle on him. [face_love]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.