Skinny Hayden vs. Buff Hayden

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Yoda_Anakin, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ana_Labris Jedi Master

star 4
    He did loose a lot of weight for LAAH..

I started a lil comic inspired by this thread btw! I won't promise it'll be out soon but it'll be out someday :) It's tough because I don't have reference for the pabels and I want to make it as (photo)realistic as possible. I got most of the lineart down and it looks great, but the shading is a pain.
  2. Yoda_Anakin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow, that's awesome! Be sure to post it here when you're done, and May the Force Be With You. ^_^
  3. Ana_Labris Jedi Master

star 4
  4. leelee Jedi Knight

star 3
  5. Yoda_Anakin Jedi Knight

star 1
    I feel your pain, and I don't even have a subscription.
  6. DARTH_CORLEONE Jedi Master

star 4
    I prefer him skinny, like he was in Peter Pan.
  7. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
  8. DARTH_CORLEONE Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah....he played Peter Pan in the most recent movie version, right? He was actually pretty good.
  9. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    No dude, that wasn't him. That was 14 year old Jeremy Sumpter. :eek:

The only movies Hayden's had a major role in are "Life as a House" and "Shattered Glass" and he had a small one in "The Virgin Suicides."
  10. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    And what might we conclude about his acting abilities from his lack of roles? Just saying...
  11. Ana_Labris Jedi Master

star 4
    stormcloud8, I think you said that in the wrong place, mate ;)

And you know, I like the fact he's not so mainstream, because everything mainstream is utter merde. And he takes those really weird roles noone wants (except for Anakin of course :p ), which leaves him the not so cool roles, yes, but I think we'll see him as a more serious actor later on. If you* were with the looks of a teenage heartrob what would you do - sell yourself to the media like a prostitute or try and make people look above that?

*talking in general :)
  12. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    I think that point of view assumes that Hayden has a choice in the roles he is taking. I don't think he has that much clout.
  13. Ana_Labris Jedi Master

star 4
    He does have the option to be mainstream outside of SW, at least he most certainly will after being on every bag of chips this spring/summer.
  14. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    But let's be honest, Star Wars fandom aside...his reviews and the general public reception he received after AOTC was mixed at best. People who bash Star Wars don't say "Ewan is a terrible actor" but they certainly come after Hayden. Since they bash Hayden but not Ewan, that to me is evidence that they're not blindly bashing anyone in sight. Where there's smoke there is fire.
  15. Ana_Labris Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, but you know what Lucas said in the Vanity Fair article.
    And look at Orlando Bloom - he's got less talent (imho of course) and he's all over the place because everyone is/was so crazy over Legolas. It's all terribly superficial.
  16. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    A. Quantity of roles most certainly does NOT equal quality.

B. Of the TWO major roles Hayden has had outside of SW, one (LAAH) was nominated for a Golden Globe, and for the 2nd (SG) there was strong talk about a nomination, in a movie that was extremely well received. Obviously Hayden was doing what his director, George Lucas, wanted him to do in AOTC, he's not a bad actor because of that.

No one knows why Hayden's been on the down low recently... maybe he doesn't want the overexposure SW will be giving him soon. Maybe potential directors don't want "Anakin Skywalker" in their movies right now. His brother and him run a production company, surely they are busy with that. But the roles that Hayden is/is not being offered right now, is of ZERO consequence to what he's doing in SW. Judge him by that, if you're going to judge him. But take into account George's, Ewan's, Rick's, Natalie's etc... words of praise for him.

Damn, I'm tired of this.
  17. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, we'll stay away from becoming a basher/gusher debate over Hayden's acting abilities.

I'll just have the final word, as is my perogative, and say that perhaps Hayden doesn't want to risk overexposure.

He doesn't want to become the Mark Hamill of a new generation - although I doubt that would ever happen.

We'll have to revisit this thread after we see ROTS.
  18. DARTH_CORLEONE Jedi Master

star 4
    Rebelscum77, I just checked the credits for Peter Pan, and you're right, that wasn't Hayden as PP. My bad. I know the Pan character is supposed to be younger, but I figured they just did some body-height effects like they did in LOTR. It's too bad, because based on his performance in PP, I was thinking that this Hayden kid was an okay actor and AOTC was just a fluke. Oh well.
  19. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    You confused a 14 year-old for 23 year-old Hayden? Dude, you need to bust out AOTC again. ;)

But for more "proof" of his acting abilities I'd again like to point you in the direction of "Life as a House" and "Shattered Glass".
  20. Ana_Labris Jedi Master

star 4
    If you watch them back to back you'll see the range best - when I saw a little preview (a whole scene) online for the first time after re-watching LAAH I was shocked how.. different he can be. :)
  21. leelee Jedi Knight

star 3
    http://jangofett01.free.fr/Num%e9riser0013.jpg okay I'm convinced!!! (not that I wasn't before lol... but wow)
  22. Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Watch out with that link if you speak/can read french..... it seems like the text is a plot summary or something.

Mr. P
  23. JediPrincessKas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There are some fantastic ROTS Anakin pics out there, which makes me prefer buff Hayden. [face_love] If anyone's interested, I have a link to a site with Anakin pics from all of the movies, and her ROTS section is top notch. :D Drool, swoon, and lust-worthy.

I also saw Shattered Glass not too long ago and was very impressed by his performance. I still haven't seen Life as a House, though.

Finally, I do believe today is Hayden's 24th birthday. HOORAY! [face_dancing]
  24. marajadebean Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm a different Mara you can call me Bean or Beanie, since that is my nickname, but I prefer the ROTS buff Hayden, by far. Um, let's see, when it comes to buying merchandise, what is it that I look for first...um, oh yeah, Anakin. I bought multiple Anakin figures. :) I might suggest to the ladies on here to purchase a certain Corn Flakes box and a certain M&M's Kudos box with his card on the back.

As far as Hayden's acting, I don't get all the griping. Remember, George told him not to go so dark when he wanted to. I think after ROTS, people will stop bashing him, at least I hope. If all of you doubt his acting, watch him in Shattered Glass. He's excellent in that movie. I also enjoy watching him on the Higher Ground series. Watching him there, I can see why George really liked him.

But what I've really liked about buff Hayden is the long hair. I just love the hair. The hair, the thicker body...and now back to regularly scheduled programming....
  25. Child_of_the_Sith Jedi Knight

star 1
    He looks fine either way, but I like the skinny guys better :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.