main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Skipping Forward in the Cheese Line

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Christus Regnet, Jun 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christus Regnet

Christus Regnet Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2016
    What are your favorite cheesy lines of dialogue? Which are the cheesiest, and how do they measure up to the cheesiest cheese in other Star Wars movies, and what to some these lines mean?

I will start with 3 easy targets:

1. "Hope, is like the sun. If you only believe in it when you see it, you'll never make it through the night."
    -The is cheese at its finest. As a bonus, I kind of underst....actually, no. I don't get it. I assumed this her way of telling Poe that it's on a "need to know basis," and he doesn't need to know. I feel like I've heard of some animal that has such a short memory that they forget the sun will rise or something, only to later learn it was a myth(my memory on this is very vague). If there is such an animal, surely they do make it through the night, right? Is Poe an animal?

*need help, please

2. "We are the spark that'll light the fire that'll burn down the First Order."
    -This one is pretty straight forward, and fits well into the cheese category(imo). I intially thought poe was talking about Luke, upon seeing his legendary theatrics, but he was referring to the remnants of their resistance. Does this mean the resistance will try to go out and inspire allies?

3. "We're going to win this war not by fighting what we hate, but saving what we love!"
    -Ok, what are the philosophical underpinnings of this statement? I am not smart enough to assimilate it. Is it even cheese? I do not know. It feels like cheese...but I have been known to make mistakes...from time to time...

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah... no. We don't need a thread that's sole purpose is to mock the film. Locking.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Birkendoc and TCF-1138 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.