main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Skirmish in an Ancient War (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by greencat336, Jul 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny_The_Jedi

Jenny_The_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2001
    I AM SO GLAD THEY ARE TOGETHER, BUT I FEAR THERE IS STILL MORE DANGER TO COME, BUT WE WILL SEE...... :)

2. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Good story. Looking forward to more.

JediCandy

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I knew it! Obi-Wan was trying to get away as soon as he saw the real Qui-Gon! But Qui-Gon knew just how to convince him that he was real. Loved the way Qui-Gon told him that despair leads to the Dark Side! So now they're trying to get back, but their departure will not go unnoticed, huh? I can't wait to see what happens!

4. MoonScribe

MoonScribe Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2000
    Good posts, Greencat! Very intense and heart-wrenching. Looking forward to reading more!

5. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    WAHOO!!! Qui found him!!

6. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    I'm back! Two great posts, greencat! Glad you brought the guys back together again! Looking forward to more.

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    ok i want more more more oh and i changed my name from jenny the jedi to jenny the jedi girl :)

8. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I was wandering through the boards and I thought I'd stop in here: read the responses (I still purr all day when I read people like this stuff :) ), say hi to everyone, up my own thread (how rude) . . .

I'm working on the next bit. Its a fight scene. The demons have decided to take the direct approach in discouraging our boys in brown from taking their leave. I hate doing fight scenes. I can visualize whats going on, but have trouble putting it into words. I hope to have it finished soon. As soon as I do, I'll post it.

9. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    I know exactly what you mean, greencat! I always have trouble writing fight scenes.

10. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
  11. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    My turn to whine ;) MOOOOORRRE.

That was so sad when Obi was too scared to call Qui, Master.

12. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Ok GC, did you realize this whole page is of people begging you to post? So where's the post?!?

13. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Ditto on the fight scenes, the uppers and the MORE!!

Sarah >^,,^<

14. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Took me a couple of days, but here it is. I think it turned out okay, if I do say so myself. Let me know what you think.

Two more posts to go after this one.

The cityscape Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had been walking through flickered and was replaced by rolling hills. The sky above them was overcast, filled with threatening clouds. Under their feet, the grass was brown and dead. Scattered around them were dead trees, twisted as if in painful agony.

Across the horizon stretched a vast army of indescribably hideous monsters howling for the blood of the Jedi. The endless horde began to charge towards them.

A bright blue blade appeared as if by magic. Obi-Wan shifted into a fighting stance. He paused when he noticed his master had not moved.

?What does the Force tell you, Padawan?? asked Qui-Gon.

?There are only about a dozen of them!? exclaimed Obi-Wan. ?Half of them are coming up from behind us.?

Qui-Gon drew his own lightsaber, igniting the blade. ?Your eyes can be easily deceived by their illusions. Close them and fight using the Force.?

His own eyes now closed, Qui-Gon turned to face the creatures that were attacking from behind, leaving Obi-Wan to deal with those before them. Through the Force, the creatures appeared as dark red shapes, tinged with black. His padawan was a clear blue figure, strong within the Force.

Fighting without being able to see was a skill every Jedi developed. However, to battle sightless with an ally challenged the most experienced. Each Jedi must not only keep track of the location of his or her opponents, but also the ally. One error could mean a decapitated friend rather than enemy. The strong bond between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan gave them an advantage in this type of combat. Further, they had fought together so often that they were in synch with each other. Both knew how the other would move.

The first to reach Qui-Gon was a three meter tall fiend swinging a double headed axe. The green blade of the lightsaber easily sheared through the axe. Qui-Gon reversed his blow and removed the head of the fiend. Instantly, the fallen body began to dissolve into an oily residue. Qui-Gon had no time to contemplate this as the next two creatures attacked, the one on the left with only its claws, the other with a sword that burned with black tinged fire.

The flaming sword slashed towards Qui-Gon?s head in a vicious overhand strike. The green blade caught the sword, pushing it to the right. Qui-Gon used his momentum to quickly spin, completing the circle by cutting upward at the other creature, severing a clawed hand. The creature howled in anger.

Qui-Gon moved the lightsaber down to his side, blocking the swordfighter?s next blow. As the clawed creature reached for him, Qui-Gon Force threw it into the fourth monster that was preparing to lash the Jedi with a razor tipped whip. Furious, the fourth monster began to slash instead at the clawed creature, ripping it to shreds. The minions of the Dark outnumbered the Jedi, six to one. But they fought as individuals, jostling each other in an attempt to get at the Jedi.

The last two beings rushed towards Qui-Gon. With a Force enhanced leap, he somersaulted over his opponents. Landing, he beheaded one of them. Thrusting his lightsaber behind him, Qui-Gon impaled the fourth monster as it renewed its attack. The remaining creature approached warily, gripping its axe in its clawed hands. A feint to the Jedi?s chest became a low chop directed at the legs. Qui-Gon jumped over the weapon, bringing his own weapon down, slicing the creature from head to tail. His opponents now smoldering lumps, Qui-Gon turned his attention to his Padawan.

Only two of Obi-Wan?s challengers remained. Obi-Wan was favoring his left leg, torn from thigh to knee by the razor tipped whip that was now flicking at his face. The blue lightsaber intercepted the whip, cutting off the end. Undeterred, the being wrapped the rest of the whip around the injured leg, pulling

15. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    Gah that thing was big anyway post more please

16. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    wow i must say very very well done great fighting sences i loved it can't wait for the next two chapter's :) :)

17. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Well done GC. Only two posts left?Can't we have more?

18. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Well done GC. Only two posts left?Can't we have more?

19. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Darth RealLIfe has kept me absent from many of my favorite stories, but now I've got 8 days off and time to catch up.

Greencat, your fears of writng fight scenes were for naught! That was excellent!!! :) :)
    I loved how they fought with their eyes closed and still were in tune with each other.

You stated there were two more posts after that last on?? Does that mean the story is almost over?? :eek: :eek:

20. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Don't tell me you're no good at writing fight scenes! That was awesome! More soon!

21. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Cheryl -- Which thing do you mean? The demon or the post ;)

Jenny -- been meaning to ask out of idle curiousity about the name change. Thanks for the positive FB

ApprenticeM -- Two left, but I'm working on the next story. See the comments below :)

Healer Leona & P_Stotts -- The very hardest thing to write I think are fight scenes. That one took me about three days to write. Glad you liked it. You should have seen me play acting it out in my living room, trying to figure out how everyone would move :)

Two more scenes left to this story. I have another Qui & Obi story rattling around my brain, but haven't gotten very much of it written down. Ever see Cassablanca? If so you should recognize the teaser scene . . . I will try to get enough of the new story written to post it when this one is done.

As always, my thanks for reading this story and for your kind comments.

22. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
  23. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Excellent fight scene! Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are safe now? Hoorah! I liked the way you implied that the behemoth would get what was coming to him!

24. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Glad to hear there's another story rattling around...and that I'm not the only one who play acts scenes for fanfic. :D :D

25. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    good good good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.