main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Skotti's Commissioned Art For Me (Now with two Sith chicks!)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by alienyouthct, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Skotti

Lady_Skotti Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2006
    Thanks bunches, I appreciate al the lovins you guys are giving my artses. For the Sith Chicks, I did all of the design work for costumes and the like. After a while you'll notice alot of my stuff is "shiney"....seeing how half my wordrobe is vinyl/latex/leather, it's easier for me to reference.

As to costume design, I'm currently a Design Major at Ohio University. My dream is to do comics, fashion design and storyboarding.

2. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    As always, you have some very interesting costume designs. The two look very different to eachother - Lady Syn has sexiness mixed with deadliness and Gnoysis has a way of looking almost regal, especially with the feather looking cape. Maybe I'm weird for thinking so, but her Bodice with the strappy-part across along with the mini-skirt partly reminds me of a...I want to say 'greek battle dress'. Lol, am I crazy?

Though I think Syn's is more strongly detailed (and I love details) I'm personally leaning more towards Gnosys's. I really like the mix of feathers in her costume as it's something that I find to be unusual being paired with black leather-ish material. At least that's how it strikes me - but in a good way, because you make it work. I also like the colours that were chosen for both characters.

P.S. I really love how you colour material (particularly the shiney black leather). :D

- Suz ^_~

3. alienyouthct

alienyouthct Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Apart from the whip/saber pairing, I didn't give much input for Gnosys. Which is funny, cuz she's my little avatar girly just like how Syn is Skotti's. I like how she came out anyways. Definitely a potential for wardrobe malfunction, though, and I might use that in the story. ;)
    Skotti's the costume girl here. I tend to pick out pieces for the Earth girls and the superhero costumes are about 50/50. But she's got the AotC art book and so some unused designs are getting pulled out of that. Not sure if Gnosys or Syn came from there, though. Might just be stuff in Skotti's closet. As for the "blade" glow for the lightwhip, she's tweaking that now because I messed with the file to be a green whip and a blue saber instead of both being red. And since she has to rehighlight the left side anyways, she's going to adapt it for the new whip.
    Note to self: Buy Skotti gift certificates for preppy clothing stores...
    Syn's more detailed because it's Skotti. I don't sit still and I don't have reference pics, so she was SOL for drawing me. She's actually based more on a friend than on a feminized version of me, which was the original intent. C'est la vie.

As for Gnosys, the concept was originally a Shi'ar-like character... or for those of you who aren't comic nerds, a humanoid who is to birds like we are to apes. The feathers continue to recede on her species in favor of hair and bare skin, just like how scales on dinosaurs eventually began to give way to feathers. They still ruffle and such when she's irritated. Regal... also kind of describes me. A lot of my outfits are patchworks of colors and textures, but I still pull it off. Like my favorite top hat, kilt, and tuxedo jacket (with tails) combo.

And for a

4. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    The new Sith girls look nicely intimidating - Syn having a somewhat feminized version of Darth Nihlius's look from KotOR 2.

I like the feathers on Gnosys - I recall a design from one of the prequel art books that sported feathers and thought it was a very interesting idea. The lightwhip looks a bit stiff considering her arm's in a resting position, but that's the problem with whips, isn't it? Unless they're in motion, they just lay there like a limp noodle :)

5. alienyouthct

May 12, 2002
    Ultimate Arachina #01: Powerless

[image=http://homepage.mac.com/alienyouthct/skotter/UA01-1.jpg]

The inks of another piece for my fanfiction. It's the art for my first issue (the other piece being the first arc art, meaning it's displayed for issues one through seven). It's our main heroine, with an assortment of lifelike mannequins displaying her costumes and the costumes of other Marvel heroines (and two transgendered heroes).

Front Row (left to right): Ms. Marvel, Arachnia (main costume), Arachnia herself, Arachnia (secondary costume), Black Cat
    Back Row: Scarlet Witch, Vision, Spider-Man, Yellowjacket, Spider-Woman

6. alienyouthct

May 12, 2002

[image=http://homepage.mac.com/alienyouthct/UltimateArachnia/story/images/ua01.jpg]

Aaaand colors...

7. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    "As for Gnosys, the concept was originally a Shi'ar-like character..."

Aaaah. Yeah, I'm familiar with the Shi'ar. Used to read a lot of X-Men comics back in the day. So then it is part of the body rather than my first thought that it was an extension to the suit.

I'm proud to say that I recognized all the other superhero outfits except for Yellowjacket (have no clue who that is) :p It's a cute idea and the colouring - of course - looks as great as always. Interesting undergarments/bikini Arachnia *as herself* is wearing. There's something about her thigh's or just the general region that bugs me, but I can't quite pin it down to what it is. Anyhow, on Arachnia (secondary costume version), Are the rings hanging from the bottom of her bodice part supposed to be red? It's nothing really, it just sort of looked as though you might have missed colouring it in. Or I could be completely wrong.

- Suz ^_~

8. alienyouthct

May 12, 2002
    Well, the costumes are rather fluid and constantly being changed... but in that case, I think Skotti might have missed a bit. I didn't even notice, really. I might have noticed it when I printed the 8" x 10", maybe not. There's a lot to look at there, so I can see where it'd slip through both our notices.

As for Yellowjacket... it first was an alias of Hank Pym, then the costume and technology was stolen by Rita DeMara, before being reclaimed by Hank Pym to both redeem himself and the codename. In my story, it's teenage girl named Satou Kaida. Kaida is has all of the powers Hank Pym has created over the years (growth, shrinking, talks to insects, grows wings to fly while shrunken, can sting people) which she derives from a vat-grown body that bears a suspicious resemblence to Hank's ex-wife Janet (who, since I doubt you're familiar with the Ultimate Marvel Universe, is Japanese in her newest incarnation). I've included our first draft of her costume, which Skotti deviated from a little for this image.
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/alienyouthct/UltimateArachnia/story/images/pair03.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.