1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:VIC Skyforce - October 12th

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by lordvaderFF, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    OMG...

So you were the people directly in front, whom I laughingly suggested was our quarry and JE replied "no, not country enough'.

I remember you boys now. How was yourtrip to Melbourne?
  2. Jedi_jem Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think I remember seeing you there Mixo and Lute, There wasn't many 14 year old girls there so I wasn't hard to miss *lol*
  3. The-Lute Jedi Knight

star 3
    Our trip was fine. A bottle of bourbon, and one crazy country hick joined the whole New Age faction (namely: me and Mixo), and the Hyundai 'go anywhere machine' did just that. It took us anywhere except to where we wanted to go. Or maybe it was the crazy Mixo's Melbourne driving skills that kept taking us off course. Navigator Lute had it all under control, until Mixo kept turning when I didn't tell him to.

I told Mixo that I reckoned the guys behind us had to have been from the boards. I heard one of you say Mixo, and maybe Shane Morrisey. It's a pity Mixo wanted to remain anonymous. I wanted to meet you guys and laugh.

You guys could have spotted us a mile away if you looked at Mixo's site with the photos page (personalities). If you still don't know who we are, go there.

So out of interest, who was the blonde, and who was the black haired one?
  4. darth_brutus Jedi Master

star 4
    Jet Eye was the blonde haired one, PoT had the black hair.

Also JMD and I did speak on the microphone near the end, during the Clone building part. We kind of just said "Um, the ones in the middle"
  5. The-Lute Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just as I thought. And brutus we remember you too.

Did you'se all meet up when it began. We got there pretty late.
  6. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL!!!

PoT, I don't recall making that statement, but I was jokingly nodding my head to the gentlemen in front of me...I certaintly had my suspicions elsewhere...

Yes, I was the dashing young blonde one! Did one of you have long hair? I remember you Lute! You probably heard PoT and I cracking up for the entire thing behind you, right?
  7. The-Lute Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's exactly right!! Surely that fast-talking bad-joking host wasn't that bad that you had to joke amongst yourselves?

You were going around saying 'Mixo' and me and the half-drunk guy were saying 'Huggard' to no avail.

Hey. I was dashing, young-ish, and blond-ish too! The 'alternative' muso looking character.
  8. darth_brutus Jedi Master

star 4
    I already new lordvader from Darkzone, and I met JMD and Jedi Jem before we started. We met up with PoT and J-E just before the auction.
  9. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, it wasn't such a bad day after all now that I know who you are! But I really want to know: who the was the bloke with the long hair...

EDIT: by the by, was that 'Clone Trooper Building' whatsit any good? PoT were off at 4pm, you see...
  10. darth_brutus Jedi Master

star 4
    The one who wanted the Queen of the Damned poster?
  11. Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] So that's where you two were!

It was a fun day, you guys should have stuck around for the clone building thing ( ;) ), we just narrowly escaped having to do go in it!
  12. darth_brutus Jedi Master

star 4
    Are any of you going to get the AOTC DVD from that website?
  13. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    Nah, i mean the long-haired guy sitting with the Mixo(whom i have no memory of!) and Lute. Bloody hell, I'm not going to speak about the other one, god bless him.
  14. Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Master

star 4
    So we should have got Chris to announce over the speakers for Mixo... oh well, we should organise just a VicFF meet then i guess we wont have much problems...

That offer about the DVD seems interesting, but I just hate ordering things over the net. I think I'll just wait the extra day and get it somewhere from around where I live.
  15. darth_brutus Jedi Master

star 4
    I checked out their site, you can mail them the credit card details etc if you want.

I mainly want to save 15% off the price of LOTR! :D ;)
  16. lordvaderFF FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    It was good to catch up with everyone...except Mixo who kept to himself the whole time. (am I that scary?)

To answer the question...YES that was my car.

As seen on the centre arena at the Melbourne Show about two years ago with Darth, Boba Fett, and a StormTrooper hooning around standing up in the back....now that was fun.

Hope you guys all had fun, and if you are worried about ordering the DVD from that site, the guy is a member of the club and is well known to me, so if anything goes wrong....just let me know.

Don't forget the Christmas Party....it's gunna be HUGE. :)
  17. The-Lute Jedi Knight

star 3
    As I said earlier, I had blonde long hair, goatee and scary face, white long-sleeve t-shirt. I really stand out.

I was on the left, an old fan in the middle and Mixo on the right. I was the only long-haired guy there, apart from Mr. Gothic.
  18. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I was cool!
    We New Agers brought quite an air on prestige to the whole affair
  19. The-Lute Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've never heard someone talk so much.
  20. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Him? Nah, you should hear JE and I on the rare occasions when I convince him to get drunk with me.

We basically talk like we post in the Mandalore Dump, for a good hour. We make laughing noises, search for a desk, cheer and giggle when we find one, make a huge fuss about its deskness (especially if made from WOOD) and then subsequently sit down to have a good Mandalore Dump...intoxicated style!
  21. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    "...when I convince him to get drunk with me..."

...um, yeah.

Like Huggard.

:D

What can I say, I'm a fitness freak! But on the odd occasion I get drunk, which as PoT wonderfully highlighted is good fun, there's no convincing on PoTs behalf...I'm stronger than that!! :cool: ;)
  22. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Lute was slightly tipsy himself!
  23. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Which is great, in a totally non-alcohol way, becuase we at Victoria FF in no way promote nor see the use of mind-altering substances as a positive aspect of society.

Remember Kiddies, Just Say NO!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.