main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Skywalker and Tatooine....

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Disco_Dark_Jeedai, Nov 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
    If Yoda or Ben wanted to keep Luke hidden away from Darth Vader, why would he go by the name Luke Skywalker on Tatooine? Wouldn't the Skywalker name be well known there, especially since Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader? Wouldn't it be easier to Luke under the name Luke Lars? I have always wondered why no one made the connection between Luke and Anakin. Any thoughts?

2. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Oct 19, 2001
  3. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    Sorry, Disco, but this topic's been done to death.

4. Jaya_Solo

Jaya_Solo Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2001
    Have you read I Jedi - Corran came up with a few theorys:

1.'You were allowed to live under the name Skywalker. Did they [Obi Wan & Yoda]expect Vader's people would overlook such a reference...' - Corran

'You trying to say they were using me a bait to lure Vader into a trap so Obi Wan cound confront him" - Luke

2...wanting you to grow up with the Skywalker name to provide you with greater motivation to want to redeem it' - Corran

i think i perfer the second one...

5. Shaeri

Shaeri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 1999
    Actually, I have a theory...well, to be more precise, my sister and brother and I have a theory...that they actually WERE protecting Luke by giving him the last name Skywalker, because you see, it was actually Obi-Wan that turned to the Dark Side and became Darth Vader. So if they'd been stupid, they'd have left Luke's last name Kenobi.

6. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    Wait a minute, you're saying Obi-wan was Darth Vader? Ooookay...

7. Shaeri

Dec 16, 1999
    Apparently you missed the thread we posted a year and a half ago...
    Yes, we assert that Obi-Wan became Darth Vader, and it is he, not Anakin, who was the father of Luke and Leia. Therefore, Ben (note the change in name, and we can explain that, too) and Yoda weren't as dumb as you might think in giving him the last name Skywalker. A sure way to get him caught and toasted, or turned, would be to have left his name Luke Kenobi.

8. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Oct 19, 2001
    Where is this previous thread found?

9. Shaeri

Dec 16, 1999
    They reformatted the forum about three months after we posted it, and it got lost or deleted. However, if you're interested, I'll have a talk with my siblings and see if they wouldn't be willing to post it again (I'd do it on my own, but I have only 1/3 partnership in it). If you'd like, I can post again on this thread and let you know the title we put it under.

10. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Oct 19, 2001
    Just give us an overview or refresher on what you and your siblings were saying.

11. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    I remember that thread. I don't agree with it, but it made sense in a twisted sort of way. It's pretty obviously not going to be true, but it was an interesting idea.

12. Shaeri

Dec 16, 1999
    Whoo. Well, I'll try to keep it brief. Our full manifesto came out to something like three and a half pages in Word.
    The basic summary of it is this:
    Anakin did, indeed, become Obi-Wan's Padawan. However, with his quick perceptions and awesome midi-chlorian count, he soon eclipsed his teacher, and before Obi-Wan knew it, he was learning Forcey wisdom from his erstwhile student. Yoda became Anakin's teacher, and Anakin, obviously, became Obi-Wan's.
    Meanwhile, Obi-Wan and Amidala fell in love and got married (we find this far more believable, initially, than Ami and Ani). Long before their darling twins were born, however, Obi-Wan's humiliation at being Anakin's student pushed him to the point where he snapped. He turned to the Dark Side and became Darth Vader.
    Anakin was so disturbed by this that, seeking to redeem his beloved one-time teacher's name, he took it for himself. At this juncture, my sibs and I take to referring to the original Obi-Wan as Darth Kenobi, and the original Anakin as Ani-Wan, to clear up the potential confusion.
    So anyway, Ani-Wan marries the now-divorced Amidala (as he knew he would) and adopts her kids, Luke and Leia Kenobi. Realizing that Palpy is making his Jedi-sweep, he of course wants to keep the kids out of sight. He takes Leia to Alderaan and leaves her there with Ami. Ami, having come to the conclusion that her life sucks beyond repair, kills herself there. Ani-Wan then takes Luke to Tatooine, changes his last name to Skywalker, leaves him in the care of Darth Kenobi's brother Owen, and hides out in the desert to keep an eye on him. He now changes his first name to Ben, because Owen's really creeped out about calling a complete stranger by his evil brother's name.
    Yoda eventually sends Ani-Wan on an unspecified mission to Corellia, hoping to take his mind off of the tragic turn his life has taken. While there, Ani-Wan meets and falls with love with some chick named Nashira Fel, whose son Soontir has been sent off to the Imperial Academy against her wishes, and whose husband has just died in an unfortunate agro-combine accident. They get married and have a daughter (we speculate that her name may have been Som-Wan). However, Palpy tracks down Ani-Wan and kidnaps his daughter, because he knows that that daughter poses a threat to him as Emperor (because of her incredible midi-chlorian count, inherited from Dad). He raises her in his service, and gives her the very non-Skywalker name of Mara Jade. Ani-Wan then decides to go hide out back on Tatooine, but Nashira won't go with him because she hates sand, so he goes by himself.
    The rest you know from the movies: Darth Kenobi kills Ani-Wan, Luke finds out Darth Kenobi's his father...etc.
    That's the scaled-down version.

13. Shaeri

Dec 16, 1999
    Of course it made sense! We spent an entire weekend doing nothing but figuring it out! (Well, okay, we took out a break to watch The Princess Bride, and I don't think we forgot to eat...but hey, we're still dedicated!)

14. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Another stupid thing Lucas did....

15. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Oct 19, 2001
    Very plausible. Remember what we already know......too much!! Now wouldn't it be just like GL to provide a serious "twist" to the Anakin Skywalker saga? I mean, he did it twice already, with 'Luke, I am your Father' and with Leia being Luke's sister, why would we sit here and think that AOTC and EPIII is not going to have some earth-shattering plot twist.

16. Shaeri

Dec 16, 1999
    I have to say, Disco, you're the first person who has #1. taken us seriously, and #2. not denied it outright. In fact, that's more than I can say for myself and my family...Although my brother probably still believes that this will be GL's big twist--or would have been, had we not let the cat out of the bag--I find myself wondering if the true plot twist (except that now that I've let it out of the bag, they'll abandon that, too) won't be that Jar Jar turns to the Dark Side in Ep.II and becomes Boba Fett.
    Call me crazy...but then, everyone does that already.

17. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    SO LUKE DOES MARRY HIS SISTER, MARA!! I knew it!
    ... i think i missed something. ;)

18. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999

"At this juncture, my sibs and I take to referring to the original Obi-Wan as Darth Kenobi, and the original Anakin as Ani-Wan, to clear up the potential confusion."

"Potential" confusion?!?!? [face_laugh]

I'm not going to touch that bunch of misguided fantasy fodder! It's quite clear that Anakin and Padme are Luke and Leia's parents and that Obi-Wan was the master.

Anywho... on to the questions initially raised.

I've always felt that the Jedi had Obi-Wan take Luke to Tatooine because they felt that Vader/Anakin would never wish to return to the place. Why would he?

As for keeping the Skywalker name... I don't have an answer for that one, but I'm thinking that it was left in the hopes of redeeming the name of the chosen one. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what we're given.

19. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Oct 19, 2001
    No, they wouldn't be brother and sister....

Luke's dad......Darth Kenobi.....Obi Wan
    Mara's dad......Ani-wan.....Anakin Skywalker

20. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    but since Ani-wan also married padme after she was divorced, luke and leia would be his step kids, thus making luke and mara step-brother and step-sister. right?

21. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Oct 19, 2001
    Yes, it would....LOL

22. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Shaeri, I remember that, I read it shortly after TPM came out, and I really enjoyed it and considered it. Although I think it won't happen now, if it does nevertheless, then I'll be nicely surprised, and will like it, no doubts of that.

23. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    If any of you are wondering why Ben and Luke end up on Tatooine, you'll find out next May as to why Anakin or Vader won't return there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.