main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Skywalker Bloodlines... should it continue?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi_Aron_Tylander, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Aron_Tylander

Jedi_Aron_Tylander Jedi Youngling star 3

May 29, 2004
    While others find Cade Skywalker cool and interesting, i think it will take a long time before i'll be convinced that it is alright for having Skywalker Bloodlines in future Jedi Order. I am not against having the Skywalkers the main heroes of the entire Star Wars history, but the Sons of Anakin and Luke will just make the future Jedi order dependable of them, being children of the Force itself, thus dominating the Jedi Order and making them, the Skywalker, the Jedi order itself. It would also violate the philosophy of Chosen One. The Skywalkers, Anakin and Luke, have been brought into the galaxy by the will of the Force for one specific purpose, to bring balance to the Force. Anakin fails so Luke is allowed to take over his role; As for Ben, he will continue on his father's legacy to build the fallen Order. I also believe that in the future generations, these characters and their adventures should have remain legends.

What are your thoughts? And if you like this Cade story arc, convince me that there should be skywalker descendant in the future.

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    It's not like that there won't be HUNDREDS of descendents of Skywalker in the future.

The Horns, the Antilles, the Fels, the Durouns, and probably every other human bloodline is going to be eventually joined with the Skywalker DNA.

Either the blood will lose its "special" quality or so many Force users will have it that it will be meaningless.

3. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Yes, it should.

4. JacenSolo89

JacenSolo89 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2005
    Of course it should continue. Star Wars, itself, is abotu the Skywalker/Solo clan. I don't expect Luke to live forever, or Ben, so someone has to take over. I find this Cade Skywalker fellow quite cool. Although I don't know much about him, it's a new Skywalker that actually chose for himself. While the rest of the Skywalkers didn't choose to become Jedi, they were practically forced into, Cade won't let that happen, which is a nice change in a Skywalker. Although, he most likely comes back, being the last remaining Skywalker and hope for the galaxy and all.

In fact, I've wanted a rogue Jedi Skywalker (unless you count Jacen). Still is a Jedi, but a real rogue. It's a nice change. Although I don't know much of the story, I think it's just about a guy who doesn't want to be famous just because his last name is Skywalker or that he doesn't want to live in the Skywalker shadow, but then he has to learn that he has to continue the legacy and being a Jedi is his destiny, then he goes back and pawns the Sith. We've heard the story so many times, why not hear it one more time? I think this is interesting though. It's just my opinion.

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    First of all, Anakin doesn't fail. He just needed his son to nudge him in the right direction.

Second off, the way I've sort of made my peace with Legacy is to see it this way: the galaxy needs a Skywalker. A returned Sith menace? Why? Because Cade isn't serving the Force, isn't keeping it in balance. The return of the Sith is, in a way, Cade's fault for neglecting his destiny.

6. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Kind of like the Atreides bloodline in the later periods of the Dune Chronicles, it would seem.

7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    What kind of pawnshop would take Sith, though?

8. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I think that's a spiffing explanation! =D=

9. LordMalaki

LordMalaki Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2006
    I think its a shame really that Cade is the last of the Skywalker legacy, there was so much room for great stories. Hell, if it is as literal as it sounds, that means that there are no more Solo heirs either. Just hoping the legacy novels has the Antilles/Fel+Skywalker/Solo pilot i've been dreaming about for years. Oh hello to all of you this is my first post.

10. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    It seems i'm a little behind on things here, but who is Cade Skywalker?

11. Kaul

Kaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2006
    Main character of the new SW comic series "Legacy"; said to be a direct descendant of Anakin and Luke Skywalker.

=http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/23037764/p1/?1037

He's a pirate who was once a Jedi; now he has dropped the Skywalker name altogether. He's supposedly the last of the Skywalkers as well.

12. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Raise your hand if you think he'll STAY the last of the Skywalkers.

*does not raise her hand*

13. bamjoker

bamjoker Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2005
    Anakin did bring the force into balance. When he was through with the purge there were 2 Jedi and 2 Sith (GL?s versions). It speaks to the prophecy of myth that often was misinterpreted. Yoda even speaks how prophecy can be misunderstood.

14. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    False. Lucas himself said the prophecy was completed when Sidious died.

15. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    A GFFA version of Billy Idol.
    [image=http://www.getmetickets.net/images/subjects/b/billy_idol.jpg]

16. Kaul

Feb 11, 2006
    I am of the theory that is expressed by several members of this board in that it is not just a "Chosen One" but a "Chosen Family" that has to keep the Force in balance.

In a sense Anakin is still fighting the Sith, because his blood runs through the Skywalker bloodline and ultimately rests in Cade. Maybe this is the reason why the two upcoming series have something to do with Legacy.

17. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Other people subscribe to my theory? Sweeeet.

Anyway, yeah, the whole "blood of the Chosen One" motif seems very mythic/mystical and I welcome that return to the SWU. That is, of course, if my theory proves true.

18. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I can see it now...

Over a century ago the Galactic Empire would clone a man if he proved effective in combat. Sure, there's nothing better than experience, but as Cade Skywalker knows all too well, much of who you are and what you will become is in your blood. Meet Arin Solo. His blood's important too. His ancestors on his mother's side were a union of Antilles and Fel, and his father's were Skywalker and Solo. Four ace-pilot dynasties mingled in one person. Arin's veins run with engine fuel.

</fanfic>

::shudder::

Also, I made up the name, so don't freak out.

19. Master_Shan

Master_Shan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2005
    Cade is interesting...

but for some reason im getting a "last of the skywalkers" vibe from him, and I dont know why. has that been written anywhere? Or am I just losing it? I imagine there are still solos SOMEWHERE, hell there are more of them than skywalkers. And jaina and Alana would have branced the family again. So unless there was a purge...

20. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I'm pretty sure they mean, like, the last card-carrying Skywalker. Besides, Luke and Anakin are apparently the only important ones.

21. Kaul

Feb 11, 2006
    Your theory as well as Charlemagne19's;)

22. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Hmm...I'm gonna choose to believe I originated it on the thread about the new Legacy comics, but...yeah. lol

23. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Yes, in no way is it in my lightsaber of truth thread ;-)

Don't worry, my theory is more the "Legacy of Anakin Skywalker will bring good for thousands of years"

(gets the weird image of BobaMatt considering Charlemagne19 to be his Montross)

24. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    lol

We do spend a lot of time atnagonizing each other over very minute differences in opinion.

25. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.