main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SKYWALKER RANCH DATE IS SET

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Boskone_Kenobi, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    August 9th. Monday

Which means we are leaving August 8th, sunday. AM! So we can drive all day and find the place.

Now August 1st is also a good day my contact says, but I will only do that if nobody can do the 9th, cause the one guy who has been most adamant about going, Adam, wants the 9th. I can go either.

POST HERE AND NOW WHO CAN GO.
    Only four of us can go, INCLUDING me. Everyone will have to chip in AT LEAST $50 in gas money and chip in on hotel. So be good and play nice, and if we have to have SW trivia at 20 paces to decide the winner, so be it.

MY CONTACT SAYS THAT LUCASFILM IS LAYING PEOPLE OFF AND HE MIGHT BE ONE OF THEM, AND IF HE IS HE WILL GET TWO WEEKS NOTICE, which means that WE MAY ONLY HAVE TWO WEEKS NOTICE AND LEAVE EARLY, so be prepared. We cant delay past the 9th.

I have to juggle a SW friend of mine from Boise who may want to go and I may have to make King Solomon decisions about which woman gets which half of the baby, so be nice to me please ;)

(I already feel guilty)

2. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    I definately want to go, and will likely be able to afford it because my birthday is this weekend! Barry, I'll call you today. So, other than Adam, have the other three friends committed yet??
    Kasey

3. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    EVERYBODY FREEZE!

Out of everybody who could possibly balk, it was me. My job has said I cant get the 9th off without arm twisting. I have set a tentative NEW DATE OF THURSDAY THE 19th. Problems problems. Everybody insert this new information immediately.

4. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    As long as it's before the 23rd, I don't have any problems.

5. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    Ok, Everybody freeze again. This time my contact waffled. He has had a developement, and if we dont get there before August 3, we may never.

I have talked to most everybody in person and they have opted out for various reasons, so Kasey, looks like you're in. Call to discuss.

6. Marvincade

Marvincade Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2003
    Has anyone considered that this guy may be a fraud. Layoffs at Lucas sounds just a little too convenient. I am not trying to rain on the parade but maybe this is someone posing as a representative. Or just a character looking for attention.

7. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    I have heard of over-zealous fans pretending to represent a huge convention to get a famous somebody to show up to Hickville USA just for their own personal jollies and/or self-aggrandizement, so it is certainly a problem to watch for. But in this instance I dont see what my contact has to gain.

8. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I hope that is not the case!

9. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Hey Barry, I was more than a little excited when I recieved your confirmation e-mail that I was indeed one of the "chosen ones." I've been listening to my SW music all day imagining running into George Lucas in the hallway at Skywalker Ranch. He says, "excuse me, we need a couple of extras for some of our reshots, could you help us out?" Now, the line between fantasy and reality can often be thin, and I know deep down I probably won't see him at all, but a guy can hope can't he! But either way, being there is enough for me!

I almost hit a snag at work, but managed to get off the 1st last minute, which was a miracle...or destiny perhaps.

I was thinking of driving down Saturday night to IDF and staying with you, then carpooling to the Ranch. That way, we have one less vehicle to worry about and I'll know my truck and extra possessions are safe with Mrs. Strahd. I left a couple messages on your machine, so please let me know if this plan sounds reasonable. I'm now going on a super saver plan to make sure I have all the cash I need by next weekend-thankfully my family birthday party is Wednesday night, meaning cash in hand! Thanks so much Barry for working it out so I could go! May the Force be with us!

10. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    As we discussed via phone Barry, I'll be driving down early Saturday morning and then going to the Preston parade with you and the IFSWA gang. Look forward to seeing you all next weekend and thanks again for letting me partake in such a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!

11. BithLord42

BithLord42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    THIS IS SO INCREDIBLY COOL!!!!! I reget I'm not going, but I'm looking forward to all the pics and reports when you guys get back. Have loads of fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.