main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Skywalker Ranch Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Boskone_Kenobi, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    The official Skywalker Ranch trip, my contact says that 4 of us can go. I am working 2 jobs until July 8, so I am thinking July 12, Monday. We drive down, spend one night, get up to see the Mecca on Tuesday, go give the Golden Gate a whirlwind tour, then bust butt back here sometime Wednesday AM.

Now that schedule is what works for me, and I am sure it wont for other people, so let us discuss. We pretty much have all summer to go, but who can WAIT???

The restrictions are that we have do arrive there on a weekday, as that is obviously when the place is open, and when Lucas is most likely to be wandering the Halls (but no obnoxious behavior please, whereas guests are allowed at the Ranch, my contact made clear that our actions could get him fired if we goof up).

So who can get a couple weekdays off?
    Who can drive a 12 hour stretch?
    Who can donate gas money?
    Who wants to listen to the disco version of the Imperial March for the entire trip?

Discuss.

2. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    I just gently asked my job about getting the above dates off and they gave me a real dirty look, therefore the date is officially up in the air again. Throw out some suggestions. May be after the camping trip now.

3. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Hey Barry, if I wanted to go with you guys, is there any hope in doing so??? I'm more than willing to drive down to IDF and then carpool up to the ranch...
    thoughts?

4. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    Hello Casey, I would have asked you at the beginning, but I was worried about that xtra 300 miles on your part, and we have a very strict population limit. 4 people only, (and I am one of them). The guys here are still figuring out work schedules and available funds. If nobody else can afford it, anything is possible. I can always meet you in Twin Falls.

I am now waiting for one of my summer classes to end (July 8) and then I will go first chance I get (except weekend on July 16th, when the SW group here is camping, and I have an Electro saber I want to take out into the woods).

Give me a call.

5. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    as much as I wanted to go, alas, I cannot.

Sorry...maybe Casey could take my seat...if I had one....

6. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Yeah, I'll call you Barry tomorrow or Saturday. We'll work out the kinks then.

7. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Sorry I haven't called you yet...I'll try you tonight

8. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    I hope that the silence does not mean that EVERYONE is bared financially from going.

My current plan is to go the Sunday of July 25, or if Adam cannot get that weekend off, then August 1. Adam and Eric have given me the thumbs up that they want to go if the date is right, can we have an update?

9. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I'm in if there's room of course, just let me know please!

10. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Hey Barry,

Sorry it took so long to respond. I can go July 25, 26, 27. The next week is a transitional week and I'll be working Tues., Wed, Thurs. I'm still interested in going, though.

11. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Any new info Barry? Or do you forsee that all seats have been taken??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.