main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Skywalker Saga continued?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 1, 2012.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I have a feeling they may take the Indy 4 route. Luke will have a son or daughter that he's never met because the mother took him/her away before they were born. It's the only way I can see the whole discovery aspect going. If handled better than Indy 4 I would be okay with it.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    "Leia never told you what happened to your son"
    "She told me enough, she told me you killed him!!!"
    "No Luke. I am your Son!"
    "That's impossible. That's not true"
    "Search your feelings. You know it to be true"
    "NOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!"

3. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I do not share this concern. I mean, X, XL and XII could be made in 10-15 years and about the next adventures of the new Skywalker.

If episodes 7-8-9 are about a new Skywalker and friends........you may ending up falling in love with those chracters ( as you did with Leia, Luke, Han, chewie & Anakin, Amidala, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon)......and by the end of episodes 9....all you may want is another ride with those characters in maybe 10-15 years....when they will be old enough to pass the torch to the next generation.

In the meantime, between those 10-15 years, let Lucasfilm produce those tangential movies.

What you can't predict now...is that if episodes 7-8-9 are done right.......people that are really young right now.....may dream of having another ride to the sunset with their episodes 7-8-9 beloved characters like we do now.

I'm more afraid about the tangential movies hurting the SW brand....than having a new trilogy every 10 years....and making them a "special" event.

I remember vividly an interview with George Lucas in the 90s where he said, with some sadness " Right now, there's a generation growing up without a fairy tale and the world is a bit more cynical because of it".

Before being a "trilogy of trilogies" kind of guy, Lucas is more of a "every generation needs a fairy tale" kind of mentality......and tangential movies won't cut it....you need the build-up of a trilogy to achieve that.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

kainee and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Now that's something I hadn't thought of.

5. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Agreed 100%! I think a lot of EU fans are in for a big disappointment!!!

6. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    True! He could have had a wild night with the x-Wing crew after the BOY and get some girl pregnant!

7. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Those Skywalkers just can't keep their lightsabers in their pants.

kainee likes this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I was thinking more along the lines of the mother not wanting her son/daughter to be a Jedi or she could have some problem with the Jedi philosophy or somesuch. Also if they went this way they would have a great family dynamic with the son/daughter losing his/her father before getting the chance to know him better and being angry about this. The rest of the trilogy could be the son/daughter learning to forgive Luke and becoming a Jedi.

9. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Well this is great. Even after the news of Episode 7,

this is still going to be released

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42465

So the skywalker line is still continuing.

I think this is also evidence to support the belief that the new film won't contradict the EU legacy era. What is the point of releasing all this new EU if the film will contradict it?

10. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    A Legacy comic without John Ostrander? A new Skywalker descendent? Hmmmm....that's....hmmmmm.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    The character on that cover looks like Ken Watanabe.

12. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Good shout! I still think he would have gotton mad with it after BoY!!!

13. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    StarWarsFan91:
    Well, Randy Stradley said that this has been in the works for many months. So it was probably too late to stop what was probably already started. Plus, they still have the license, so they might as well continue to put out new comics. The film is still a few years off, after all. So I don't necessarily think that this means that the film won't eventually contradict the Legacy era.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  14. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Yes deep down inside, i am aware of that unfortunate possibility, but a man can dream and hope that it won't.

Now the question is, should EU fans get invested in this new series if there is a chance that this era and characters will be retconed from existence? And basically become a "what if"/ fanfic story (chucked into the N-canon status)?

15. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Yeah, it's alright guys I was only joking... Or was I

16. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    Echo-07

Approximately 3,720 to one.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist

Never tell me the odds! hehe, sorry, i couldn't either. [face_tee_hee]

Echo-07 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  17. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Ken Watanabe is an awesome Jedi name.

18. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    What do you guys think about the possibility of there being two heirs. One from Luke, one from Leia. And, one of them falls to the darkside, and the other doesn't. That could be an interesting emotional struggle for the characters.

19. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I sincerely hope that this trilogy continues the Skywalker saga. I'm fine with it completing the Skywalker saga, but to me there are questions left from the end of ROTJ. Ideas that Yoda opened up in his conversation with Luke about continuing the Jedi. Not just that Leia was "another," but perhaps that Luke could begin to establish a Jedi Order via his offspring.

I'm okay with them using the same concept from the EU with Anakin Solo, Jacen and Jaina, and Ben as the next generation. I actually think that would work well for a starting point for the films.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  20. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    I think a Skywalker falling to the dark side might be a bit repetitive now!

Cantina Bassist likes this.
  21. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    It depends....I think that "falling to the dark side" may not have the same meaning in the ST. When you are having the task of building from the ground a new religion (like the Jedi Order), you might face some hurdles. People may argue that it did not work for a reason and that the Order must take another path....

22. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    It might not actually be solely about the Jedi order and hopefully not!

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  23. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012

Is this a joke ? most star wars fans are between 25-60. Nobody wants some crap made for braindead teenagers ! Braindead teens watch twilight and listen to Bieber. Try and focus on reality plis .

24. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I do love the idea of a second meaning of the whole 'Pass on what you learned' statement...

The basic EU characters would certainly work (Except for Anakin and his name problem) but the rest of the EU baggage would probably get ejected... Chewie's death, the GFFA, Jacen's fall, Mara's murder, and so forth won't be used. Ben Skywalker and the Solo twins are certainly viable... and if you're doing a focus on the Skywalker line then consider this.

Mark Hamil at 63 playing a 60-65 year old Luke Skywalker means...
    30-35 year old Solo twins...
    15-20 year old Ben Skywalker...

Ben would be about the optimum age to start a Hero Journey then... wouldn't he. As an apprentice of one of the twins perhaps? So many possibilities... but like everything it's all in Lucas and Kennedy's hands.

25. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i can say that i will be 25 when episode vii comes out.