main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Skywalker Twins and the key to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by L0RD VADER, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L0RD VADER

L0RD VADER Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    How to extend the Skywalker Saga into a new trilogy?
    How to logically tie all three (or more?!?) trilogies?

On top of that:

What is MISSING from the original Saga?

If Anakin was conceived by the midichlorians to bring balance to the Force, mid point in between the Dark side and the light side of the Force.

"If Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him (emperor)...."

What if the "balance of the Force" got lost with the birth of Skywalker twins...

Luke being the offspring of Anakin's light side (The White Knight)

Leia from Anakin's dark side (The Dark knight)

Luke could never be turned to the dark side, like the majority of Jedi Knights, filled with pure light midichlorians.

The dark midichlorians is what the Jedi Council from Episode I see in Anakin.

Easy to understand why they are so reluctant in taking a chance into training someone that could shift polarity.

The "Lost 20" were Jedi that shifted because of that White/Dark knight duality.

Back to Leia.

Because of Luke's purity in the light side of the Force.

In her, she carries Anakin's Dark Side of the Force.

And will pass this on to her offspring, doomed to become a Sith Lord.

Pure evil, anti-christ-like.

2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Imaginative - I'll give you that, but if Leia were as you describe, I'd think we'd have seen some indication of it by now.

Joe Antonetti likes this.
  3. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Interesting idea. Like Trebor said, we have no inclination that Leia will go dark (and didn't we have a thread on if she went dark?). However, I would like to see some type of dark force which mirrors Luke's white knight.

4. L0RD VADER

May 7, 2000
    Leia won't turn cause will never be trained in the Jedi arts...

Her son/daughter will... (Not turn but be evil)

But who will be his/her mentor?
    Or so powerful, he/she will train him/herself...

But it could be Leia, at the end, who sacrifies herself to save Anakin's legacy.

The Sequel trilogy has to be somehow about Anakin's second offspring.
    The Dark twin.

5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think someone will turn to the Dark Side in the ST. I also think their surname will be Skywalker.

6. L0RD VADER

May 7, 2000
    And... The dark side clouds everything... Why Vader could never sense his own daughter on the Death Star, Hoth and Endor...

7. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    But then the saga will be repeating itself. How many times can we tell the 'Skywalker falls to the dark side' story?

8. L0RD VADER

May 7, 2000
    That's why I think this time, there is no turning... Just Pure Evil. Anti-Christ like... A new "Sidious-type" of evil.

And possibly, Luke and Leia will feel the responsibility to stop the monster.

My guess: one of the twins will die in the process. The other will go Seven Samurai on the new Sith Lord.

9. ShabbaTheHutt

ShabbaTheHutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    Nah, I think with the likely time period, the twins will not be central in the way Luke and Leia were in the original trilogy.
    Assuming that element of th EU will be kept at all that is, which I hope they do.
    But I think the likely setting is 45 ABY. That's where the EU currently ends but it would also work for the age of the characters, Luke and Leia ages 63 played by actors aged 64 and 59 and Han in his early 70s.
    So if they keep the EU established Solo family then by then both sons are dead, Jaina is 36, Jacen's daughter Allana is 9 and Ben Skywalker's about 19.
    I don't think they;ll necessarily make Ben another Luke though, I think if he appears, in terms of his part in he'll more likely be the Obi-Wan to Luke's Qui-Gon.

10. RAZORBLADE

RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 13, 2013
    i like the idea of a platoon relantionship. so luke represents the new jedi order, only onvolved when things turn sour, and one of his apprentices wants to bring the jedi back to what they were before the empire. he wants to control the galaxy and keep peace and stop incidents before they arise. this leads to a split and a jedi civil war is fought with Jacen/Jaina in the middle. But NO ONE turning to the darkside. the apprentice who wants to control things would not be evil, not from his point of view anyway. he justs wants to avoid another galatic war

11. L0RD VADER

May 7, 2000
    Here is another thought:

At the beginning of Episode VII, If it is really a Skywalker story...

We have 2 options on the Leia/Luke relationship

Either Luke tought Leia the ways of the Force and made her his first apprentice, making both Luke and Leia Jedi Masters at the beginning of Episode VII (don't tell me about the EU, My only reference here are the movies)

Or...

Leia, somehow refuses to be trained for a reason...

Why,...

She fears to suffer the same fate her father did?
    To protect her family from it?

Somehow, she discovers she is a threat.

12. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    Right or wrong , a good guess is the Jedi Twin scenario or " A " Jedi Twin scenario. I dont think I need to spell out the places the film makers can go with such a premise and I've never read even one Expanded Universe book. It works demographically and finacially if they do have Jedi Twins and they are male and a female like the novels. It works thematically too, being a family story with the major subplot being about a family. Clearly, to me I should say, the opening scroll is going to loosely outline 20 or 25 years of elapsed time between the OT and Episode VII. The Mark Hamill casting appears to be true. I havent seen anything to suggest otherwise. And if it is true, IMO, the chances that Han and Leia had a kid or kids and the force is strong with them are pretty good. I dont think it was ever a question to tell you truth because a six year old can come up with the basic plot of this, being mythology thats trapped in the recessess of our collective consciousness for eons already. Its a question of how well will it be done. Abrams is a good sign if its indeed he that is going to helm the film. Hes a bonafide geek and a genuinely talented artist.

L0RD VADER likes this.
  13. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    AKA the post-ROTJ Expanded Universe.

14. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Guys we have an EU thread that this discussion would be great in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.