main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Skywalker vs. Skywalker

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jedigandy, Jan 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedigandy

jedigandy Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2001
    I know this topic has been done several times and been debated upon numerous times, but I was too lazy to look up the old thread.

I am presently reading Shadows of the Empire and I have noticed a few things. On pg. 41, Vader is thinking about Luke's power and he says that Luke is "perhaps even stronger than ... Anakin." On the next page, Vader is thinking about how powerful Luke would be if he turned to the dark side. Vader says that "Luke could have defeated him." From Vader's point of view, Luke was maybe stronger than him using the light side of the Force and was definitely stronger than him using the dark side of the Force.

On a related topic, on pg. 123 of the book...Vader says that "the other Jedi were all extinct, save one, who was the strongest of them all." So this means that Luke Skywalker is stronger than any Jedi that Anakin Skywalker knew of...including Yoda, Mace Windu, all the other prequel era Jedi, and all the other Jedi that the Jedi had knowledge of via holocrons and other material.

Any thoughts?

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Pete and Re-Pete were on a boat, Pete fell off. Who was left?

Who's cooler, Pete or Pete?

3. darth-skycrawler

darth-skycrawler Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2001
    My opinion is tat SOTOE is now just wrong. Lucas has changed his vision of the story. In the beginning Luke was going to be the chosen one but now it is Anakin. I don't think there is any way that Luke could match up to anyjedi in the PT. Infact i think even Luke in NJOwould be no match for Obi Wan in TPM.

Lucas in an interview with Bill Moyers in 1999 said that Anakin is the ultimate father and virtually unstoppable. He said that Luke and the rest of the jedi had no chance of beating Vader in a physical fight so Obi Wan decided to redeem him through his son. This may not be shown in the movies but apparently that it that is how Lucas views it. He has also called Luke a half trained boy.

Lucas said that in the OT we will see jedi in their prime and at their best. WIth all this do you still thnk that Luke would be a match for Yoda and Mace.

4. jedigandy

jedigandy Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2001
    Considering we have officially licensed material stating one thing, then yes I believe it over an interview with George Lucas. Maybe Lucas' picture of Luke in his stories was a "half-trained" boy, but the present-day Luke can manipulate black holes with the power of the Force. I would say that the only Jedi that have ever been more powerful were possibly Anakin Skywalker and Ulic Qel-Drama. I base my opinions on the licensed material that has been published(and approved by George Lucas I might add), not what is said in interviews.

5. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    George's ''vision'' is a lot hazier than it's made out to be. It change daily.

That said, is he still up on the ''Palpy is a convergance of the Dark Side'' thing? That would be cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.