Skywalkers ESB belt

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by ChrisKenobi, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisKenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am making a Bespin Skywalker outfit. Iam having trouble finding a gun belt. Does anyone know where I can get one?
  2. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would recommend that you post in our costume guild thread--they're the experts!
  3. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, Chris, there are two ways of doing this.

First, you can try army surplus stores in your area or online for a gun belt/holster (it may go under a number of names). Also try paintball paraphernalia stores in your area or online--they can offer a number of things. Should you find one suitable, then it would be a matter of making alterations (i.e. buckles, pouches, etc.). Just make sure you have good pics to help. I've heard of several people doing it in this manner, and that it worked out well.

On the other hand, depending on how much you are willing to spend, and how much of a true replica you want, you may want to have someone make it for you. Locate leather suppliers in your area, and quiz them for info on craftsmen who may be able to make this belt for you (or at least deal with the leather bits involved).

I myself have not had the need to make a belt of such caliber yet, but I want to make a Han Solo costume for my fiance, and will eventually have to get the belt. I'm even toying with the idea of making it myself. I'm told that with the right materials (leather punch, buckles, snaps, etc.), which you can get through such places as Tandy Leather, you can actually come up with quite a good belt on your own.

Hope this info helps you somewhat, and good luck on your belt. :)

PS--try here, too: Kai's Jedi Belt Tutorial
    Granted, it's for Jedi belts, but he does offer interesting pointers, as well as where to find things, should you want to attempt this belt yourself. :)
  4. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Of course you could always go for a Mauser holster... Isn't that the gun that the DL-44 Blastech was made with? If so, eBay it or see if any local gun collectors might have them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.