main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Skywalker's Shadow

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi-Starlight, Feb 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Starlight

Jedi-Starlight Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    (I'm doing this as a favor to a friend- her name is Keerow- and she's going to be joining soon. She has a story known only as SOT- it stands for Save Other Title, and she won't tell me what the real one is. Anyway, she drew up what is almost a fan fic preview of it- several, actually- and I agreed to post them for her. Hopefully, you like them. This first one is called "Skywalker's Shadow," but more will follow. I want to get around ten replies before I post the next one: "Sins of the Jedi." Thanks in advance for reading! By the way, the circular signs designate the narrator speaking, and the cross-signs show a break to a new scene. SOT is an AU.)

Skywalker?s Shadow:
    A preview for SOT

± ?Um, maybe I misunderstood, or something, but I was sort of under the impression that Master Skywalker?s great Padawan was human.?

¤ The bond... ¤

± //I speak in the name of Master Skywalker. Put down your weapons or you will be in even more trouble than you are now.\\

¤ Between a Master... ¤

± ?I told you not to do that,? Luke said.

?Do what?? she asked innocently.

?It?s trivial use of the Force, Padawan. How many times do I have to tell you??

¤ And a Padawan... ¤

± ?Lily...your Master...what was his name??

Emily turned her head away. ?Luke Skywalker.?

¤ Has been tested... ¤

± ?What did you see?? Emily asked softly, after a few moments of sitting in the rain.

Luke sighed. ?Myself,? he replied simply. ?You??

?I don?t know,? she said, with an odd tone of voice. ?It was...everything.?

¤ In the past. ¤

± ?What happened last night, Padawan??

?A lot,? she replied wearily.

¤ But never... ¤

± ?You?re beaten,? he said.

?Hardly.?

¤ So much... ¤

± She looked hurt. ?I can?t believe that you, of all people, are doubting me on this!?

?I?m not doubting you, Padawan. Not at all. I?m sure that you felt something- you just may not know what it is.?

¤ As this. ¤

± //Anakin would never retreat,\\ she said to him.

//I know. He?s planning something.\\

± ?No one is innocent, Luke. No one.?

?You just don?t know the meaning of the word.?

± ?Hmph. Her? A Jedi, she is not. Have powers, she does not,? the Master replied.

?But...I thought that everyone had the Force.?

± ?Join me, Luke. Turn to the Dark Side.?
    ?And abandon the Jedi? Abandon my Padawan? My answer is still no.?

?Do you not understand?? Anakin demanded. ?Your Padawan is dead! She is dead!?

± ?I am Dark Lord Zaxis Yeimein. Which of you is the Jedi known as Shadow??

± ?Obi-Wan, you have to understand. I spent nearly two decades trying to forget everything that happened to us. Most of those memories have returned to me now, but not all. Where is my Master??

± ?Luke Skywalker,? he said quite deliberately. ?Don?t forget him, Emily. He would never forget you.?

± Luke had no idea how this man had gotten here. The one person who had haunted him for his entire life, one of his earliest memories. Darth Vader stepped forward, ignited his blood red lightsaber.

± //Shadow, listen to me.\\

//I?m listening.\\

//Padawan, if something should happen to me...\\

//No-\\

//Listen, Emily. If something should happen to me...keep going. Find another Master, if you have to. Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan, or even Leia, someone, anyone. You?re powerful, and theoretically you are ready for Knighthood, but you?re too young. If anything happens, find someone to complete your training.\\

± ?The two of you are under arrest in the name of the Empire,? the officer said as the four stormtroopers stepped forward to take them. ?You are to be put into custody in the Imperial Starfleet Academy until further notice.?

± //How did they get an army of Jedi?\\

± ?JEDI!? one of the stormtroopers gasped.

?That?s right,? Emily said. ?I am a Jedi. The first three men to run get to live, and you can deliver my message to your lord Darth Vader. Tell him that I live. Tell him Shadow is alive and has returned to do to him what h

2. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Ummmmmm... I'm kind of confused. I know this is a trailer though it is still kind of a unique format and I haven't quite understood it to its full potential.

From what I can tell though- it looks like a good story! Cannot wait to see the real thing!

3. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I like...it makes me want to know what the story is about.

::jumps up and down::

I have the same name as the main character!!YAY!!!

I'll bet it takes place in an AU where Luke is still raised by his parents, or something like that.

4. Princess_Tranquility

Princess_Tranquility Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    Very interesting! I am a little confused though. Luke, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and what appeared to be Yoda. It seems really interesting though. I'd like to read it, tel her to join soon, and post!

5. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    That was very interesting the way you set that up. I'm feeling chills. I could almost see the trailer and hear the music in the back round. This sounds really great. :D Though parts of it I did not understand, I'm sure I will as soon as it gets posted. Wonderful!!! :D

6. Jedi-Starlight

Feb 10, 2002
    Okay, I'm going to go ahead and post "Sins of the Jedi," because Keerow said that she wrote two more. So far, the names of the trailers I can remember are: "Skywalker's Shadow," "Sins of the Jedi," "The Last Great Battle," "A New Age," "Forgotten Apprentice," and "Darkness Rising." I'm sorry if it's confusing- but rest assured, I know almost as little about it is as you do and I can't wait to read it myself.

Sins of the Jedi- an SOT preview

± ?That tree,? Yoda commented offhandedly, gesturing towards a towering, hollowed-out tree-cave, ?strong with the Dark Side, it is.?

¤ Jedi... ¤

± ?Don?t try to tell me what my fate is, old man,? she hissed. ?You don?t understand.?

¤ Do not know fear. ¤

± Having Emily here changed everything, nearly ruined everything that he and Obi-Wan had planned out.

¤ Jedi... ¤

± She was a creature of the Dark Side, trying to turn Luke. Trying to corrupt him and make him a tool of the Emperor.

¤ Do not know anger. ¤

± I didn?t fall! I never fall. Someone pushed me!

¤ Jedi... ¤

± She must be an agent of the Dark Side. There was no other way she could have seen through him so easily, read him so simply. The girl was evil. Very evil. She was out to pollute the very essence of the Force with her sadistic plans.

¤ Do not know hate. ¤

± ?Silence, traitor,? he said. ?You have been charged with rebellion to the Empire and conspiracy against your fellow students. You have been sentenced to death by fire.?

¤ And Jedi... ¤

± Already Yoda could tell, through the Force, that things were not as they were suppose to be. Emily?s presence had created a tremor in the Force that shouldn?t be there.

¤ Do not kill their own. ¤

± Drastic measures must be taken.

± ?Syesdine, a locally grown plant, though generally found deeper into the forest. Also one of the most deadly poisons to human kind.?

± ?He tried to kill me!?

± ?I will hardly be the one to have the honor, traitor,? he said. He turned to the other two. ?He has offended you,? he said to them. ?It is only fair that one of you will carry out the punishment.?

Luke looked like he was going to be sick, but Emily stepped forward eagerly. ?I will,? she volunteered.

± ?Are you sure he deserves to die??

± ?He may still be dangerous, Luke. While you were gone, things happened...just be careful,? she finished, not wanting to say too much. She had personally made sure that the Master didn?t die too early, knowing that he had a part still to play.

± ?Yes, my Lord,? she said shakily. ?We should punish him as the Empire punishes all its traitors.?

?Death,? Vader said. ?Any particular way??

She thought for a moment. ?Burn him,? she said.

± ?You haven?t defeated me! You?ll never defeat me! You are no match for my powers! I knew you weren?t a Jedi! I knew it all along! I knew it was only a matter of time before you snapped! You cannot defeat me!?

± ?Yes, I do remember. I?m not sure why I didn?t before. It?s very obvious. I could search forever and never find the true killer, because I wasn?t looking in the correct place. I have to look inward.

?I killed you, Master.?

7. Jedi-Starlight

Feb 10, 2002
    I've asked Keerow to stop by and post something- a clue or a teaser. I think she probably will.

8. Keerow

Keerow Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2002
    Hi. I'm Keerow. I feel highly blasphemous posting this here, because I'm a loyal Jnetter and I haven't posted it there yet. Oh well.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys like the...uh...previews. And yes, they're suppose to be confusing. I've written a couple more that will hopefully clear some things up, though.

I guess Jedi-Starlight promise a hint...um... well, currently, SOT is 135 pages long, and it's only about half way finished, so, yes, it's going to be REALLY long. Obi-Wan's in it; so are Qui-Gon, Yoda, Leia, Vader, Jacen, Jaina, Anakin, and a bunch of random other people. And Luke's in it, of course. Emily is an AU character I created who mainly plays the role of Luke's Padawan in SOT (In case you hadn't noticed). She can be pretty freaky at times, just to warn you.

You know what, I just told you absolutely nothing. So here's a little clip that Jedi-Starlight hasn't even read yet:

He jumped up and grabbed onto the railing on the ceiling, pulling himself up. He crouched there for a moment, waiting for the three men who had been chasing him to come crashing into the room. Jedi Master Reen Crehh flipped off his lightsaber, casting the room into total and complete darkness. It was the only thing, at this point, that would give him an advantage against the multitudes of the seemingly endless attackers.
    He heard them come in, silent except for their pounding footsteps and hearts. Reen leapt silently from the rafter onto the floor behind them. The first one was down and unconscious before he knew what hit him. The other two spun, but with a flurry of kicks and flips, they, too, were forced to the ground, before they even had a chance to cry out or fire a single bolt. There was, he reflected to himself, a certain thing to be said about training extensively in hand-to-hand combat. He never even needed to draw his lightsaber.
    The Order, at least, would have one small victory that day.

I'll let Jedi-Starlight post the next preview, which is called The Last Great Battle.

9. Jedi-Starlight

Feb 10, 2002
    I'm upping this with a new post, even though only four people other than Keerow have replied- but I do think this is a really good story. By the way, the next post of my story "Call it Destiny" will be up tomorrow.

The Last Great Battle:
    A preview for SOT- my personal favorite

± ?We fight to defend our home, my friends. When we die, we will take them with us.?

¤ The Light... ¤

± Throughout the Temple, Jedi were arming themselves. Men, women, humans, aliens, Masters, Knights, and even Padawans, were preparing themselves for a battle that they had little hope of winning.

¤ Will vanquish... ¤

± ?There are no invaders left in the Temple.?

¤ The Dark. ¤

± At the head of the columns, she could see two men dressed in black, surrounded by dozens of guards dressed in bright red cloaks.

One of the black men was Anakin.

¤ The Dark... ¤

± ?Did you find out the identity of the Sith Master??

¤ Will dim... ¤

± She didn?t even realize it, when she finally fell away from all that she had learned, but only noticed that her power had suddenly grown to proportions that could never come from the power of the Jedi...

¤ The Light. ¤

± Then, slowly, after an eternity of waiting, the measured footsteps of troops were heard through the hallways.

¤ And only one... ¤

± He would not lead this kind of expedition unless he knew he would win.

¤ Will survive... ¤

± The Arena- they had all sparred there thousands of times, but now it became a true battlefield, a massacre zone.

¤ The clash. ¤

± Another room, another battle.

± Someone shut off the power- the battle against Darkness would proceed in darkness. Jedi did not need their eyes.

± ?How many of them are there?? Luke asked.

?Millions. At least.?

?Oh. That?s not good.?

± Qui-Gon?s lightsaber was a blaze, covering fire for Obi-Wan as the younger Master caught the stormtroopers from behind and neatly impaled them, one after another, with his saber.

± ?They?re planning a final confrontation,? Emily said finally. ?In the Room of a Thousand Fountains.?

± ?We?re outnumbered thousands to one!?

± What sort of order of peacekeepers had they become? They were going to war and sending their children not only into battle, but to the front lines.

± ?I have yet to lose,? she said with a sad smile.

He nodded. ?I know. May the Force be with you.?

± //Stay out of this!\\ Emily snapped at him in her mind. //This is my battle.\\

± ?Why are you here, Michelle?? Emily asked. The dark haired girl was not even a year younger than Emily.

?I?m one of the most efficient with a lightsaber in the Order,? Michelle replied. ?I felt it was all I could do to help...?

?Let the Masters take the front lines, my friend. War is no place for an Apprentice, even one of your talents.?

?You?re here.?

?I have to be,? Emily replied.

± She beeped her comlink again, sending the silent signal to the Jedi, and then the lights flared up, and they attacked.

± ?We?ll fight it together,? he said.

They stepped forward.

± In the space between heartbeats, she ran the dark green blade through the man?s chest and pulled it out just as cleanly.

± She ducked and made a quick slash to keep him back, then flipped backwards several times, gaining distance. She launched her blade through the air, keeping a hold on it through the Force, using it much like a boomerang to behead him. He blocked the spinning green blade and it returned to her. She caught it by the handle and stood calmly, waiting.

± ?You have hardly won, Zaxis,? she hissed, fighting against the pain. ?You may kill me, but the Order will survive.?

± ?I felt a disturbance in the Force,? Obi-Wan explained. ?As if a million voices suddenly cried out, and then...?

?Were suddenly silenced,? Lily and Ben said in unison.

± Parry, thrust, block, swing, parry, thrust...

± He was so tuned into the battle that nothing else any longer e

10. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Sounds great. Though the idea of living and dead characters all together is a bit confusing. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.