main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Skywalking Moments [UDC 7] Completed June 15

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Jan 28, 2013.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Tags: Lady_Misty

Castle

Leia Organa grew up in a castle in the blue sky. It had been a beautiful place to grow up, with all the decadent rooms, balconies and gardens. But now it was gone, obliterated. Nothing remained but her memories. She longed to go back there, to jump in her bed, cuddle up with her black pitten, and hug her father, her true father, Bail Organa. But cruel forces had ripped that all from her. To make matters worse, she couldn’t scream or cry because of her position in the Rebellion. She was Princess Leia Organa. A Princess without a castle.

House

After four long years, Luke finally went back to his childhood house on Tatooine. He didn’t want to be here, but his best friend, Han Solo, needed rescuing, and he and Leia needed a place to stay before they started phase one of the rescue mission. Technically, this was his house. He had inherited it after his Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru were murdered. Yet he knew he would never live here. He was never a moisture farmer and Tatooine was never going to be his home. He was going to sell this place after they got Han back safely.

Hut

Luke stared at Yoda’s old, worn down, smelly hut, stunned. In the past few minutes the wise Jedi Master had confirmed that Darth Vader was indeed Luke’s father before dying and then the ghost of Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi had revealed to Luke that Leia was his twin sister.

“Leia is my sister,” he said out loud for the first time. It then hit him. “OH FORCE I kissed my sister. How am I going to explain this,” he groaned. “How am I going to live this down?”

He felt like his life was never going to be the same.

Tent

For the fifth time that night, the tent collapsed on them. Luke and Mara had though it would be a wonderful idea to camp out in the nature reserve on Garqi. Unfortunately, because the tent was too small for the mattress they had, and because they were rather active with their nighttime activities, their tent kept collapsing.

“Luke,” Mara muttered, “This is getting old. I told you we should’ve went for that cabin.”

“You’re right.” Luke helped his fiancé wiggle out of the tent.

“You better get used to saying that. You’ll be saying that a lot in our marriage.”

Cave

“Tell me again why this was a good idea, Jacen,” twelve-year-old Jaina Solo asked her twin brother.

“I was looking on the holonet and caves in this area on Gulimon are the habitat for the rare Gully hawk-bat. I want to try to catch one.”

“Your such a goon, Jacen,” Jaina said rolling her eyes. Of course, Jacen couldn’t see the action because they were stumbling around a pitch black cave. Something suddenly slipped past her leg. “Jacen! Something just touched me!”

“It was probably just a leachen.”

“A LEACHEN! THEY SUCK HUMAN BLOOD! I’m going to kill you, Jacen!”

A/N: Week 15’s drabbles feature my OC Beru Skywalker.

Wife

Mara still couldn’t believe that she was a wife. Never in a million years would she had thought that she would find the love of her life, yet alone marry him. But here she was, a month into marriage, lying in bed, amazed by the fact that she was a wife.

Luke was next to her, snoring away. Mara smiled softly. She was a wife to the sweetest men in the galaxy.

He shifted in his sleep, wrapping his arm around her and pulling her close. “Stop thinking so loud,” he muttered. “I love you too, now go to sleep.”

Mother

“Mara,” Luke said, getting her attention as he walked into the NICU. He had been checking on Ben. She was rocking their five day-old daughter. Beru was still under observation. “You look tired.” He leaned down to kiss Mara, and then the screeching bundle of joy.

“I am tired, but thanks for pointing out that I look like shavit.”

Luke smiled softly. “You look like a mother with a newborn baby. I was going to ask you if you wanted me to take over while you take a nap.”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Because I’m her mother and she needs me.”

Daughter

It was obvious to everyone that Luke loved having a daughter. Of course he loved Ben just as much, but Ben didn’t allow Luke to dress him in pink dresses and carry him around all day.

He would dress her for the day, wrap her in blankets put her in her hoverchair and go for his run with her. She had a hard time sleeping at night so the fresh air early in the morning gave her an extra few hours of sleep once they got back home. When they did get home from their run, they would often snuggle.

Sister

Ben smiled as he and his sister left the holo. His parents wanted a nice anniversary night so Ben offered to take his eleven-year-old to the latest nunju mutant holo they had both wanted to see.

Ben loved his sister, as… unique as she was. She was his baby sister and he would protect her to the very end. They were friends as well as siblings, their similar taste in holos proved that much.

“Hey, we still have some time to kill before Uncle Han picks us up. Do you want to go get some frozen Yuz?”

She smiled. “Sure.”

Aunt

“Aunt Leia?” Leia looked up. “Yes, Ben?” she said as her four year old nephew walked up to her.

“Daddy is your brother, right?”

“Yes he is,” Leia said, knowing where this was going. Hours ago Ben had met his baby sister.

“What’s a good brother supposed to do?”

Leia spent the next half hour going over what Ben should do as a brother, which included protecting Beru and getting her out of any trouble she may find herself in.

Ben grinned widely. “Thanks Auntie Leia.”

“Do you want to drop off dinner for Mommy and Daddy with me?”

“Yes.”

Falcon and Gemma like this.
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I'm glad Ben doesn't let Luke dress him in pink outfits and carry him around. :p Very nice! I loved them all!

Lady_Misty likes this.
  3. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Those were all lovely, Bri!

4. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Did I pick up a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle reference?

If I did then my brain must be settling down a bit.

Yes, Luke kissing his sister isn't something he will be living down for a LONG time.

There's a shirt that says "if a man says something in the middle of the forest (woods) where no woman can here him is he still wrong? I joked that we should buy one and use fabric paint to put "yes" or "depends on what he said".

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess."

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love them all.
    Nice sets with Luke and Mara

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Those were all wonderful! Beru is so cute ♥

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful LOL for Tent and House and Castle were moving. How sweet was all of week #15. :)

8. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Tent. [face_devil]

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lady_Misty

AN: Thanks everyone for reading. Here are weeks 16, 17 and 18. Because of other projects I was a bit behind.

Week 16
    Assume

Mara hated it when people assumed Beru’s disability was due to Mara’s age when she was pregnant with Beru. Yes she had given birth to Beru at 47, but that wasn’t that old, especially for a Jedi, and it certainly wasn’t the cause of Beru’s disability. At the time of conception, a completely random enzyme simply was not there and nothing, and no one, was to blame for it.

Mara knew people would always look at Beru and assume she was at fault. And she was at fault, not for Beru’s disability, but for the fact that Beru was alive.

Misunderstand

Luke and Mara were honestly at a loss of what to do. Their two and half year old daughter, Beru, wanted something, but they had no idea what. She had Cerebral Palsy and was very upset at the moment, so they kept misunderstanding what she wanted. They had presented her with everything she could have possibly wanted or needed, yet she had said no to everything.

Luke had resorted to putting a thin pink blanket around her and rocking her until she fell asleep. It had taken a long while.

He hated it so much when he couldn’t understand her.

Deny

Once, long ago, Han had denied that the Force had even existed. Now he knew it existed because he damned its existence. He damned it because he had three small children who could use it and he couldn’t.

Han yelled at the twins as he bounced the crying 3-year-old Anakin. The child was crying because Han had taken away the box of cookies he had levitated out of the pantry. There were days when he wanted to put his kids in a white room with padded walls because if this kept up, he would be the one in the room.

Confuse

Mara was confused. Luke had given her his father’s lightsaber. They had shared a moment and had become friends. She thought he had possibly wanted more, yet he had never asked her out. When she went on delivery runs to Yavin 4, he stared at her body, but he never bothered to flirt with her. And now, he was with some body-stealing hussy. His actions were damn confusing.

But what were even more confusing was her feelings towards him. What did she feel towards him? Friendship? Admiration? Loathing? Another word that started with L?

Confusion. THAT was what she felt.

Admit

“I have something to admit,” Luke said as he lied awake in bed one early morning just after his wedding.

“What?” Mara moaned. “I’m putting up with this whole morning person business. If it’s anything like it, I may divorce you, or kill you.”

“I just want to admit that I’m in love with you.”

With the speed of an assassin, Mara grabbed her pillow and flipped so she was straddling him. “Luke. I am now going to take this pillow and smother you until you die.”

“I’d rather if you did that with your lips.”

Mara screamed with frustrations.

Week 17
    Weapon

Ben gripped the elegant weapon tightly. Physically, this weapon was not much different than his lightsaber, yet this weapon had history. Too much history, Ben felt, to be used again. According to the will, it was his to do whatever he pleased with it.

Ben rose from his seat and got a black box out of his closet. He opened it and ran his fingers along another weapon with even more history. Yes, this was right. Ben put the other weapon inside the box and closed it. Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber rested now, with the lightsaber of his wife’s and father’s.

Helmet

Ben stared at the helmet. It was worn and singed in places, though the Rebel Alliance insignia on the side was easily made out. Ben often forgot his father had been a fighter pilot – and an accomplished one at that – before becoming a Jedi. Luke Skywalker had been partly to thank (or ‘hold accountable’ as Ben’s mother had often put it) for Rogue Squadron. He had flown on many dangerous missions and saved countless lives in the cockpit of a X-Wing.

Ben now had to remember all these things as he wrote his father’s eulogy. Gods, this was absolute hell.

Shield

“I would be lying if I called my father a good man,” Ben said as he neared the end of the eulogy. “He was the greatest man. He was someone we should all strive to be like. He was not a weapon. He was a shield. A shield for all. My father protected all and taught every Jedi in this room to be a shield. We are his legacy because we carry on upholding the shield he handed each and every one of us.”

Grand Master Ben Skywalker stepped down from the podium and lit his father’s grand pyre aflame.

Cloak

Ben didn’t need this. His father just died and now his youngest child had was MIA. Lukia had been the one who had taken care of her grandfather for months before he died. Lukia had abandonment issues. She had been the only child of his second wife, who had died when Lukia was 10. Now that her grandfather was gone, Ben feared she could fall down a very slippery slope.

With a sigh, Ben grabbed his cloak. He had to go find his daughter. It had been two days since the funeral and two days since he had seen her.

Transmitter

Ben was in his seventh hour of looking for his daughter. It was currently 0249 in the morning and Ben was exhausted, emotionally drained and worried. Then his comm-link went off.

“Dad?” She sounded extremely scared

“Lukia? Lukia, where are you?”

“That’s the problem. I don’t know. Somewhere in the east lower city.”

“Okay. Turn on your transmitter and open yourself to the Force.”

Ben finally found her in the seediest part of the lower city. Instead of punishing her, he took her out for iced shakes. He then took her home and put her to bed, tucking her in.

Week 18
    Sing

No one knew Luke sung, but Mara knew. He sung the odd time that Ben was colicky, but Ben had never been a very colicky baby. Beru, on the other hand, cried every minute of every hour of every day until she was a year old. So Luke sang to her. He would wrap her large pink blankets and sang to her, either walking around their chambers or rocking her in the gliding chair.

Mara loved watching him calm her down, or at least try. Sometimes his efforts were futile, but Mara liked to think it helped just a bit.

Talk

Early in their marriage, Luke and Mara spent hours talking in bed. They would talk about life, the future and unimportant things. Then Mara got ill and was often too tired or sick to talk. Then there was the war, then Ben, both exhausting them. Then there were two more wars and they somehow didn’t talk much before bed. If they were together, not arguing and feeling energetic before bed; they had sex. They talked after sex, but that wasn’t stimulating conversation.

Luke always thought, “Oh, tomorrow we’ll be less tired and we’ll have a good chat.”

Then Mara died.

Ignore

His mother had told him, “If you leave the chambers, comm me or Kam and let one of us know where you are going.”

Of course, Ben had ignored her and gone off to play in the jungle. His friend, Leil, had told him about this awesome climbing tree just a few minutes off the main path, so Den decided to go check it out. He could be there and back in no time. Ben disabled Nanna, his mother was working – Mom always worked – and his father was off-planet – Dad was always gone. No one would know that he went.

Yell

“Ben! How could you do that?” Mara yelled at her son. The six-year-old had run off to play in the jungle without letting her know. “You could have gotten lost or hurt. I was extremely worried.”

“Mom, I didn’t okay. Just let it go.”

“Wait until your father gets home. He’ll have something to say to you.”

“No he won’t. He doesn’t care what I do. He’s never around and when he is, he doesn’t have time for me.”

“Ben,” Mara’s tone was soft. “You know that isn’t true. You know your dad loves you.”

“No, I don’t,” Ben sobbed.

Whisper

“Ben? Wake up please,” Luke whispered.

“Hmmm?” the boy grunted. “Dad? You’re home early.”

“Yeah, Mom told me what you said so I got Kyp to take over on my mission so I could come home.”

“Dad. I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean it.”

“No, I’m the one who should be sorry. I need to be around you more. That is why tomorrow we are going camping, and then next week you’ll be coming on a mission with me and your mom.”

“Really, Dad!”

“Yes. Now move over. Your old man is too tired to go to his own bed.”

Falcon and Gemma like this.
  10. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    awwww... *wipes tears* That last part got me.

11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wonderful moments, Bri! :)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great sets, Briannakin. =D= You squeezed melancholoy, laughter, and mush into them. :D @};- Confuse: Yeah tell me about it. :p Admit -- aww. All of week 18: awww.

13. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    It is sickening to know that there are people that see the disabled as a blight on society.They say that they aren't worth our time or resources. But interestingly many of the siblings of those that are disabled will say that they are better people because they had a sibling with a disability. Yes it is frustrating to deal with some of their quirks or other things but you learn. Besides a child without disabilities doesn't mean anything. A wonderful woman I know had her house trashed by students from the local high school about seven years ago. These teenagers were honor students and athletes yet they had no problem breaking into an isolated house, using the gaming system, stealing from the then six year old's piggy bank, using the Jacuzzi, drinking until the puked and then they used the parents' bed to show just how much they "loved" each other. Still makes me mad.

Wonderful other pieces that really show thoughts or feelings of the various characters.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Wonderful sweet, touching and delightful pieces.
    Very touching when you were writing about Beru

15. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Misunderstand is enough to break your heart! Poor little Beru and her parents, too. It's so hard when you just don't know the right thing to do. At least through the Force she can probably feel their intention, for the little comfort that could give.

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    AN: These are the last 2 weeks for the UDC #7 – my first UDC. While I do enjoy writing drabbles, my first UDC will also probably be my last.

Week 19
    Conquer

Luke Skywalker never liked when the history holos called him a conqueror. The word, for him, had such negative connotations along with it. People like the Emperor were conquerors, not he. But he guessed he was a conqueror; a conqueror of the dark side, more than one. One of his personal favourite conquests was the one people never talked about: his conquest of Mara Jade’s heart. He had gone into foreign, hostile territory and won his lover’s heart. In ways, it had been his greatest fight, and his greatest victory, with the greatest reward.

Dictate

The public saw her as a great diplomatic leader, but in her family – and in her marriage – Leia Organa Solo was definitely a dictator. She liked to be in charge and no one got a vote, especially her husband, because no one trusted Han Solo to be in charge.

Leia also liked to be a dictator in her brother’s life. She’d often dictate who he would take to each formal occasion for the New Republic.

Sometimes her family wanted to overthrow her, but they were always thankful that she was their leader. They could always depend on her everlasting love.

Rebel

Luke cursed the days when he was a rebellious teenager. He now knew exactly how annoying he was to his Uncle Owen way back then. Karma had now come up, 40 some odd years later, to bite Luke in the butt. He now had a rebellious teenager of his own. He swore Ben was worse than he had been, but he knew that he had probably been much worse.

But there had been two parental figures to guide him. Luke, on the other hand, was all on his own.

“Ben!” He yelled from his office. “Turn down that blasted music!”

Aftermath

Luke and Ben had lost a lot in the war. Luke has lost his wife and his nephew; Ben had lost his mother, his mentor and his innocence. But in the aftermath they had found each other – a father and son bond like no other. They became friends. Luke often thought that if it wasn’t for Ben, he would not have survived the first few months after Mara’s death. Of course, there had been some rough patches, but they had gotten through them. As much as he hated it, Luke needed Ben’s wit. He was grateful for his ‘ungrateful spawn.’

Rebirth

After he awoke from his coma, Luke experienced a rebirth: Mara was alive and Ben was well. Nothing, not even his current condition, could damper his mood. He was a new man and he would never again put the galaxy before his wife and child.

He’d often ask Mara if he could hold her for a long while in bed. When he did, he would hold her tight, smell her hair and kissed her until she got annoyed with him. Luke would then turn his attention to Ben, asking him how his day was and bugging him with menial questions.

Week 20
    Father

Luke greatest joy in life was the fact that he was a father. He on the couch; Beru was in his arms, contently sucking on her pacifier and Ben had his head in his father’s lap. Both children had fallen asleep half way through the movie, which Luke was still watching. He wouldn’t dare move out of fear of disturbing them.

Years later, Luke found himself in the same position with a 15-year-old and a 19-year-old. Ben was asleep on the couch beside him – he had just come back from a long mission. Beru was recovering from a recent illness.

Son

Luke held his one hour old. His mother needed to recover, so Luke had gladly taken over parenting duties. Luke had found an empty cabin with a gliding chair, right next to where Mara was sleeping, to get to know his son.

Ben was swathed in blankets, awake, but calm.

“Hey there little guy,” Luke cooed. Ben’s blue eyes darted up towards his father. The baby blinked slowly, eventually closing his eyes.

“You’re tired, aren’t you? Why don’t you get some sleep? Daddy will be right here.”

In that moment there was no war, no death, simply father and son.

Husband

There were days when Mara wanted to kill her husband. It was early morning and she had just gotten home from a mission to a mess in their apartment. He had been supposed to keep Ben and Beru occupied since this had been Mara’s first mission since Beru was born. The girl was now four.

With a frustrated groan, Mara made her way through the remnants of a blanket fort.

When she reached the bedroom, all the bloodlust shed away. Her husband was looked like he was asleep, holding their two children close. “Come cuddle, my love,” he said softly.

Brother

Leia often wondered what it would have been like to have been raised with Luke, either in the palaces of Alderaan or the dunes of Tatooine. She liked to think in some alternate universe or timeline that they were raised together as twins.

Leia often wondered what it would have been like to have an older brother growing up. Luke would have annoyed her about her hair and told her boyfriend he ever hurt her, he would never see the light of another day.

Come to think of it, Luke did both yesterday. Leia laughed. She had the best brother.

Teacher

Growing up, Luke never even thought about becoming a teacher. He had wanted to be a pilot. But teaching was one of his greatest joys as a Jedi Master, whether he was watching a youngling levitate something for the first time, or teaching his son how to change a diaper. Luke was now teaching his son how to do mundane tasks that a father must do.

“You’ll come check on us once the baby comes, right?”

“Yes, of course Ben. I’ll be over daily. Now, let’s move on to appeasing a colicky baby.” He couldn’t wait to be a poppa.

Falcon and Lady_Misty like this.
  17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Those we beautiful, Bri! Congrats on finishing the challenge.

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Stupid server connection ...

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Congrats on finishing, Bri. I enjoyed these last 2 sets greatly. Husband ;) and Dictate -- so, very true. :) =D=

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Congrats and you should do these more. All were lovely glimpses in family life

21. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Sweet moments!

Luke enjoying fatherhood is nice to read.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    I read these the other day but didn't get a chance to reply! I loved "Brother". I love Luke and Leia sibling moments like that. Wonderful! [:D]

23. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    WOW -- drabbles are nice and as I call them snippets --- Yours are excellent -- I enjoyed most of them --just not the sad ones.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  25. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    This was a great set Bri, loved the series :) =D=