main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive SkyWookiee's fanart: A New Topic Update 16 November 2006 Human, Rodian, Droid...

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by SkyWookiee, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
  2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I really like this image, SkyWookiee! As you say in your comment at DA: we know where he'll be going, but he doesn't just yet--the path of warm-toned, sandy ground, giving way to a spray of stars in space is a wonderful visual analogy--I'm also really liking the soft blue color you used to surround it all, in both the sky and terrain. The detail and shading on his face and clothing are wonderful--overall, just a lovely piece!

FF

3. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    Thank you - I'm proud too.

4. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Deviant art is loading so slowly for me today... it took me about four tries to get this to show up. (*waves fist at DA*)

I like the unusual composition of this one, with the pathway he's one flanked by the two strips of dark blue sky with the stars in them. And it was an unusual choice to colour Tatooine as light blue, but it really adds a dreamy element to this.

5. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
  6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    SkyWookiee, very nice drawings. I really like the Luke one. It puts a whole new definition to the name Skywalker. Very original idea here. ;)

Your Wookiee warrior is also very cool. The way you did his fur is a different approach and nice use of color.

7. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    Thank you!;)

8. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Great rendering of a Wookiee, SkyWookiee! I especially like his pose--very sturdy and firm, just like you'd expect a Wookiee to stand (particularly when he's brandishing a weapon like that...). I like the variation in the colors of the fur, too--it lends a sense of volume and space to him that's great. Just one suggestion--to add a little bit of a shadow beneath his feet: I think it would give him a bit more solidity in the frame and go well with his great pose and facial expression. Where did you get the idea for the bladed staff (or is this another thing I missed completely in three viewings of Ep.III...?)--it looks very dangerous, and very cool!

FF

9. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    Thanks - the weapon is similar to a KOTOR one - though not specifically a Wookiee weapon.

10. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Your image of Luke leaves me with such a soft and serene feel, striking me as being very ethereal, which makes me like this piece a whole lot. Excellent job as it's a unique idea. :)

The Wookie design looks great too. Nice shaping on the blades.

- Suz ^_~

11. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Nice wookiee, the weapon suits him very well. :) I can't wait to see more of your work soon! You've made me want to try my hand at wookiees! :D

12. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Terrific wookie! You're really prolific lately; it's great to see so much new stuff from you.

I like how you handled his fur here. When drawing something that has a lot of hair, it's easy to kind of make it look chaotic by drawing lines going in all different directions, but each of your lines flows along the body in the correct direction. Looks great! I also like how you only have patches of dark line with the rest of the body rendered with the brown pen and the white of the paper.

13. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    Thank you all!

14. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I love the Wookie picture, you've got a really nice style to your work.

15. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
  16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, very nice SkyWookiee! And I had to laugh at the comment in your DA account about "portraits being the thing" right now! It sure seems that way! ;)

This one is very elegant--it reminds me of a "state painting," like an official portrait of a person of importance or royalty (Leia was both, hm? ;) ). The hair and face are beautifully done--true to the lighting, and with lovely soft highlights. I rather like the shiney gathers in the dress (very nice attention to detail there, including the hood that was attached to the collar of the dress)--they very much convey a sense of the silkiness of the fabric. A nice portrait!

FF

17. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    Thank you! Actually I thought the dress turned out ugly.

18. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    The details and shine to her hair are so lovely and well done. It's the first thing that catches my attention. She also has very nice features - the bright ruby red lips really stand out. I find the entire piece to have great 'paint-blending' altogether as it's easy to see the creases in her smooth loose-fitting dress as well as the tiny hint of pink added to the skin tones of her face.

Another small addition I enjoyed was the bit of a textured look to the bg, sort of like fabric. In a way, It really looks like the type of mat a photographer may use to hang up when taking a picture.

- Suz ^_~

19. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Nice art padawan. I love the shadow area with the white dress or tunic. :)

20. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Beautiful job on her hair! It's very life-like and has so much depth. It's very obvious that you spent a lot of time on it.

I don't think the dress is ugly at all. It has dimension and form and serves it's purpose fine. It's only there to support the face, anyway.

Good likeness, too. I like the view straight-on from the side.

21. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    Thank you all! :)

22. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Great stuff SkyWookiee!

The Luke piece looks so soft and light. I think you did great on the details of his clothes, especially his boots.

And I just love the way you drew the hair on the Wookiee. The shading and proportions are nice and the whole thing reminds me of a concept drawing.

But I think the Leia is my favorite out of these three. You did such a great job on her hair with the direction of all the highlights. It has good dimension to it. And I think you did a really nice job on her dress too. :)

23. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    Thank you.

24. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    Wow, that's been a while!

Luke

25. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003