Slacker Con

Discussion in 'Washington, DC' started by Darth_Stalker, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I will be at the dinner and not the signing. I should hopefully arrive at or around 6pm.

One question: where is the restaurant in relation to the Courthouse Metro stop? I'm going to go ahead and ride the Metro over.

Or, I could stop by your place, Eugenia and pick you up or at least we can Metro over together.
  2. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Courthouse Metro has a few exits - but the restaurant is basically right in front of one of them. I think it's the Colonial Village one.... Anyhow, it's not so big an area that you won't see where you're going.

And Mutt, if you want to come by, that'd be grand! We can trek over together. The offer's open to all, of course!
  3. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    That might be fun, to trek over together! Although I'd be adding three people so that's too much for one car anyway. ;)
  4. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Ric, Would you like for me to bring a rope? Okay, fine I won't "lead" you, afterall, I'm not Darth_Leader anyway...

Jeff, if you have problems finding your way just call my cell phone.
  5. fakename99 Jedi Master

star 4
    Roger- you have some many names that I was not sure if Darth_Leader was one of them.
  6. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    It will be... it will be.
  7. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    The trek can be in more than one car. Depending on people's preferences - to metro or not to metro...
  8. fakename99 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm driving because I know the area and I don't feel that parking around there on the weekends is that big of a deal.
  9. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    If people want to meet at my house and caravan, Ken will split up and go in separate cars seeing how we know where we're going. Just let me know by phone or PM who's coming over so we don't leave without you.
  10. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    E, I'll have to get back to you. I am somewhat tempted to meet up with you guys and drive over but I am thinking I should be there to talk to my co-coordinators (is that a word?) before the birth of SlackerCon. Just think, in 48 hours we'll be partying :)

It will be a day long remembered :D
  11. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Infamous, some might say. A bunch of geeks invading a perfectly nice restaurant, others might say.

And, hey! How come we didn't get onto the "conventions and events" list on theforce.net? Hmmm? We're a convention! We are!!
  12. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ric I found the Animated Asejj Ventress for you tonighyt. I'll bring it tomorrow
  13. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Well tomorrow is the big day and Pittsburg has confirmed that the weather will not stop them though they will be one short.

Hopefully the 501st contingent and the southern VA group will also be able to make it. Luckily Olsen's and Summers are on high ground so no worries of flooding there.
  14. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Oh yes... we'll be there with bells on!

Literally speaking, of course.

Jingles like Mr. Bojangles,
    Yours Truly
  15. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Good, cause bells look so gay on guys [face_laugh]
  16. Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Knight

star 1
    The 501st will be there tomorrow...in large quantities.

I'll see everyone then! I look forward to meeting those of you I haven't already run into yet!

-Midi-Chlorian Lori
    Garrison Tyranus
  17. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Geeks in bells. Coooool....
  18. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  19. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Geeks descend on Arlington. Beware!
  20. Armage Jedi Padawan

I'm sitting about ten blocks from Olsson's at a cafe right now, and it's a sunny, beautiful day. No rain or flood worries here.

Here's hoping we get a crowd! ;-)
  21. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Well as far as I'm concerned SlackerCon was a success and to all the lovely ladies that attended I'd just like to say that you did not see the real me. I'm actually much, much worse when I'm sober ;)
  22. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Had alot of fun last night at Slacker Con. I'd like to thank Roger for putting it together.
  23. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    You're welcome Tim :)

And I'd like to think Evan (So. VA), Lori (501st, and Chris (Pittburg) for getting more people on their end to get involved. I'm already looking forward to SlackerCon II :D
  24. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    yes SlackerCon was a lot of fun! I really enjoyed it! I especially enjoyed meeting the Pittsburgh group and Shawn! Great people! :D

Ric, it was nice seeing you and your wife again! :)

You did a good job Roger. :) and SlackerCon II will be fun too, I'm sure! :D

Ken, Eugenia, Jeff, Valerie, Heather, and Roger:

You guys made me laugh so much! thanks!! It was a great night! :D
  25. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    SlackerCon was loads of fun! It's always fun to get together with the GS and it was great to see old and new friends too! I look forward to seeing a bunch of you in a few days at Farpoint, and for those I won't see, I'll have Ken call you up to recite the dinner specials in Old Entish.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.