main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Slanted Fedora's Rochester Con - Jeremy Bulloch

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Mar 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Hello all,

I hadn't seen a post about this yet, so I'm not sure if you're aware that Slanted Fedora's next Rochester convention in Sept 24th-26th and it's at the Rochester Museum and Science Center again. They just announced that Jeremy Bulloch is going to be their Star Wars guest this year.

I'm part of the USS Tranquility (the local sci-fi/fantasy club) and am working with Dave Scott to promote the convention. If any of you folks would like to help out too - please contact me via email (nicky@blums.net) as I don't check this board very often.

Here's the convention website: www.sfedora.com/rochester,_ny.htm

Thanks,
    Nicky Blum
    www.usstranquility.com

2. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey Nicky glad to see ya on the boards!

Not sure what Rochester is doing for a Fan table there this year. Last year we kinda did a group thing with Rochester/Syracuse and lunch with Peter Mayhew ....but not sure whats going to happen this year.
    Im glad to see they have a SW guest that weekend. Hopefully they will add more.

If you need any help from the Syracuse Chapter we would be glad to go again.
    We had a great time last year with your group!

:)

Strawbary

3. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Ok I'm definitely going to try to come to this.
    I haven't seen Mr. Bulloch in years!

4. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Hi Strawbary,

Thanks! I wish I got the chance to visit you folks more often. I think the last time I was on the boards was for the con in May 2003!

I would really like to see at least one chapter from the Star Wars side of the house be able to make it to the con and set-up a fan club table next to us. It was nice to have that last year.

I think with the addition of Jeremy Bulloch the guest list has been finalized. I doubt he'd be adding anyone, but he might have to do some switching around if stars currently on the list can't make it.

There are some things that the Tranquility could use some help with. A couple of the things we've been asked (by Dave Scott - the promoter) to help with are the video room and to consider putting together a fanzine. If any of you folks have some rare videos that we might be able to show in the video room it would help a bunch. We're going to bring the Star Trek fan film Starship Exeter, I think we also have the Star Wars fan film Knight Quest (I think that's the title?). We have a designer for the fanzine and some donations of content, but we need a lot more content to make it a nice booklet. We're looking for artwork, short stories, poems, fond memories of meeting your favorite star - that sort of thing. If any of you folks might be interested in contributing to it - let me know.

We could also use advertising the con in the Syracuse area. I'm sure you folks know the best comic, collectible, gaming, etc stores better than us Rochesterians. I would offer to mail you out the flyers we have for the convention but you might want to make up your own. I only say this because, the only flyers we have are the ones we made up - so they have our Tranquility logo on them and everything. I'm not sure how you guys would feel about that.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
    Nicky

editor@usstranquility.com
    www.usstranquility.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.