Rumor Slashfilm: KOTOR movie rumored

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by kubricklynch, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kubricklynch Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  2. Lord Tuvitor Force Ghost

star 4
    Kind of a far-reaching rumor if you ask me. Drew Karpyshyn finishes a script and people just assume it's KotOR when he says specifically that he's looking to sell it to Hollywood through an agent? It's probably something not even related to Star Wars.
    Darth Chiznuk and LawJedi like this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    We also had a thread on this already and it got locked.
  4. kubricklynch Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Ah, didn't see that. Well I'd delete it if i could.
    Last edited by kubricklynch, Feb 22, 2013
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, but if /Film and AICN are both reporting something, why lock it? We've had threads for much more scurrilous nonsense.
  6. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    You're right about that. *Cough* Jim Hellwig *Cough* Honestly I didn't know why the first thread was locked.
    LawJedi likes this.
  7. NoChesterHester Jedi Master

star 1
    Well... Ain't it Cool is a great movie rumor source, but they make no qualms about posting straight up rumors.

At least it is a subject matter that would be popular with a lot of hard core fans.
  8. StarWars2015 Jedi Master

star 2
    A movie based on Revan, Malak, Bastilla, and Carth Onasi would rock the Theater.....
  9. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    If I said it once I said it a thousand times I LOVE this idea!
    Boxster and The_Hellhammer like this.
  10. Darth Swede Jedi Master

star 1
    Even though it's just a rumour, it's a rumour I like. It's a great opportunity to create Star Wars films that are standalone from the OT, but still feel like Star Wars and are just as epic in scope. Still, I do hope that not all these rumours are true at the same time (spin-off movies of Han Solo, Boba Fett, Yoda...KOTOR... ) in addition to the ST. Focus, my young padawan!
  11. Boxster Force Ghost

star 1
    As do I! I remember an article in 2005 on the front page of Forcenet have Lucas himself mentioned possibilities of KOTOR. I can't find that article anymore coz I changed computer and lost the bookmark.

Anyway, I am more excited to have KOTOR/TOR trilogies than the ST to be very honest but I am greedy for anything SW, So more spin-offs the better. People who don't like it can go to the Star Trek forum, they only have the JJ movies to fall back on, no more tv shows.
  12. Lord Tuvitor Force Ghost

star 4
    I love the idea too, but Drew Karpyshyn is quoted in the article as saying that the script he had was being pitched to agents of Hollywood at large rather than to LFL specifically. People are so desperate for leaks they're jumping at straws. If we ever see a KotOR movie, it will be at least a decade from now, after the Sequel Trilogy and a few character spinoff flicks are done.
  13. The Hellhammer Grand Judicator of the New Film Territories

star 5
    I still think that an Old Republic era story is best covered in a live action series.
    Three or four seasons of ten high quality hour long episodes is the way to go.
    Zane the Reaper likes this.
  14. StoneRiver Force Ghost

star 4
    OK OK, not trying to derail, but I want in on the joke, what's the Ultimate Warrior got to do with anything?
  15. The Hellhammer Grand Judicator of the New Film Territories

star 5
    Someone claims to have insider info that he will be playing a mutant warrior from Byss.
    So...there's that, I guess.

To put things in perspective, the same source claimed that Mace Windu was hiding in C3PO's shell after ROTS.
    Last edited by The_Hellhammer, Feb 23, 2013
    Lord Optimus likes this.
  16. StoneRiver Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_rofl] I found it. cheers
    Lord Optimus likes this.
  17. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    If this was true, it would rock my world. Only downside is that I already know what happens.
    Last edited by KED12345, Feb 23, 2013
  18. InterestingLurker Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd rather have LucasFilm focus on the sequel trilogy. They simply cannot pass up the opportunity.
  19. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.