main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Princess Leia Slave Bikini

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Paradoxigirl, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradoxigirl

Paradoxigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    Hi,

I think Princess Leia's Slave Bikini has been discussed before, but I'm really new to all this and was wondering if a thread already existed. I've gone through about 10 odd pages with no luck and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Otherwise, most of the stuff I've seen so far is *great*! I can't wait to watch Attack Of The Clones--it's only coming out in 10 days here...sigh...

Thanks loads!

S_S edit: just unlocking

2. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    If you find Mirax's posts on the board, and follow through, you can see that she created a vartient of the Leia Bikini. She has links to where she learned to make her slavegirl costume.

:) Hope that helps!

Lotus!

3. Stubbzilla

Stubbzilla TFN Costumes Staff star 2 VIP

Jan 30, 2001
    Look at my signature.

4. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Here I am! Back from CII and had a fabulous time in my slave costume. Trust me, if you love attention, this is the costume. I'm already ordering clay to work on an actual Slave Leia (my costume was just based on the original). Check out my website, and feel free to ask any questions!

5. Paradoxigirl

Paradoxigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    Thanks everyone! You've all been a great help!

Stubzilla:

I checked out the site in your sig and it turns out that I've visited it before...thing is, I didn't really understand the instructions, especially the bit about using the plastic stuff for the bra. (I'm afraid I've always been one of those people who has to see to understand...) Do you know who is writing that tutorial and if they'd think about putting up pictures or illustrations or something? Thanks loads again. =)

6. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    Does anyone have a really good reference photo of the bracelet that Leia wears on her right wrist in this costume? I have tons of slave leia pics, but none really show the detail on this piece. I'm currently working on this costume and am ready to do this piece but not sure on the design details.

7. sabe-oola

sabe-oola Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2002
    I am going to be working on this costume and A Zam costume, and I am going to be doing a tutorial on both. I am going to take pictures as I do each step ,and I am going to be starting a site with COMPLETE tutuorials on everything I do! Just keep an eye out!

8. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    i have updated our slave leia section of www.azeem2000.com with pics.

I will have some more pictures as well of the individual pieces.

9. DAKAI_SERAKI

DAKAI_SERAKI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
  10. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    Slave Leia...
    [face_love]

~ICeBReaKeR
    Custom Prop Builder and Collector
    His abilities have made him...arrogant

11. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    I have just added photos of my work in progress on my website.

12. Miss_Lydia

Miss_Lydia Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    Oooh, Mirax! Well done, lady! Do you actually do costume/props for a living, or is it just a hobby? I've just finished my first year of a costume making degree, and i'm so impressed with your work, it looks so professional! Watch out, though, or you'll have people coming to you all the time -"can you make this for me?" !

13. Icebreaker

Aug 20, 2001
    Mirax in slave outfit...
    [face_love]

~ICeBReaKeR
    Custom Prop Builder and Collector

14. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    Wow, thanks Miss Lydia! I actually just started costuming this January when I bought a sewing machine and taught myself to sew. I'm actually a vet and do this in my spare time. Thank you so much for the compliment, that makes me feel very good, esp coming from someone going to school for this :)

15. fthcolumn

fthcolumn Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    Take a look at this site...
    http://www.leiasmetalbikini.com

Lots of info!

Jamin

16. Icebreaker

Aug 20, 2001
    BTW Mirax...when you started this 'outfits' did you have a design template or did you just make them from scratch? Cause I checked out your site and you work IS impressive...the detail is amazing on some of the parts of clothing!

~ICeBReaKeR
    UncensoredFx.com - Everything Movies

17. DAKAI_SERAKI

May 7, 2002
  18. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    I apologize that my slide show isn't working. I am trying to get it fixed. I have pictures of all the parts of my new Slave Leia and Jango Fett that I have completed. I hope to have it fixed tomorrow.

Icebreaker, I did not have any templates to go by, only as many pictures as I could possibly find, and the site mentioned above is where I got most of them. However, someone at ASAP posted some fantastic pics from MOM tour and they were a huge help. A lot was trial and error and I used every slave leia tutorial as a starting point, but when things wouldn't work, I found my own means. I thought about doing the sintra but didn't like the flat look of it. Premo Sculpey is my new best friend.

19. Icebreaker

Aug 20, 2001
    Well in any case...awesome work (especially on that Ceremony Leia Outfit) I look forward to any 'future' outfits you decide to make
    :D

~ICeBReaKeR
    UncensoredFx.com - Everything Movies

20. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    Thank you. Actually, that costume was easy except for the belt- that was the biggest pain in the you know what.

My slide show is now working!

21. queenseamstress

queenseamstress TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Jan 30, 2002
    Mirax-I had taken a look at your slave bikini outfit before CII, and saw you when we were in the contest there-but I took another look at your site, and that was teh first look I got of you IN the slave costume-you go girl! (Did ANthony get a glimpse of you in that one? I know how much he liked the Lady Maul...ha ha ha!)
    I am going to be doing my own custom slave girl outfit sometime before CIII-I bellydance, and it could be a fun way to entertain the people in the long lines...he he he! I love the choice of sandals you chose-where did you get them? That is pretty much what I will need...I need to have freedom of movement in the ankles.
    I have planned on using elvety materials like you did, but also sheer flowing fabrics in the skirt-chiffons and such...
    How did you make your bracelet? It looks great!
    QS

22. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Mirax, it looks so good! I can't wait to see it finished.

23. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    Thanks for the compliments Obi-Dawn and QS:)

The sandals are dance shoes- called... I think it was roman sandal. I found them at a dance shop. I knew what I wanted and described it and Kreleia suggested Dance shops. They were very comfy for all day at the con. And I just loved the velvet, however, now that I have suede for my new top, boy is it nice! The bracelet- which one, the wrist or arm? Both are from premo sculpey, fantastic stuff! The armband from Katana's costume did not stay up well. My one for Slave Leia is perfect.

24. DAKAI_SERAKI

May 7, 2002
    I have to agree with everyone, Mirax, the costume looks great! (especially on you!) My g-freind and I are making one, too, but it won't as half as good as that!

25. ladystar

ladystar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2001
    MiraxH the slide show works now :). Your costumes rock!! What are you doing for the neck chain??
    (Jeez, two edits just because I can't spell....must be the heat!!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.