main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Princess Leia Slave Bikini

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Paradoxigirl, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    :) Thank you TI350!

2. Paradoxigirl

Paradoxigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    Hey, this thread has reached it's hundredth message! Woohoo! *throws confetti*

Okay, now for the serious stuff...

This costume, obviously, shows off quite a bit. Lets say I have to be in transit from one place to another. Any good ideas for a nice in-theme coverup, or should I just wear maybe a Jedi robe over?

3. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    Well, you could make the blue coat/cloak from Simplicity's new "Jedi" pattern, but in a color and material to match the skirt. Add some gold trim, maybe, as well. It would match, plus be something you could possibly wear with other things.

4. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Well, you could also buy a long length of cloth (about 4-6 yards, depending on how much you want, and at least 45" wide), finish the raw edges, and then artfully drape it all around yourself.

I did that back in '99 with several yards of a great gold metallic chiffon that was sheer enough to give hints of what was underneath, and the multitudes of layers added a very neat dimension to the costume--very sexy and subtle, and rather Star Wars-like.

:)

5. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    And the 12" figure with R2 shows a wrap like that as well. A girl at CII wore a long coat made from the same material as her skirt.

Oh, and here's more confetti- WEEEEE!!!!!

6. Jenniferose

Jenniferose Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2002
    Well I plan on wearing it for Halloween so I may or may not be outdoors. I was just going to drape the same fabric I used for the skirt around me. I would love to make a cloak but I've already done an immense ammount of work and I'm not even finished yet. I would never have enough time. :-(

7. Elori

Elori Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    all right.. since someone closed my thread... I don't want to be slave leia for halloween. I want to be a slave girl and I'm not sure where else to take it. So, anyone have any ideas as to what my costume for halloween should be like?

8. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    Well, my first costume was "Katanna- slave dancer in Jabba's palace" and I took ideas from Slave Leia and added my own touches. I have pics up on my site.

9. Paradoxigirl

May 5, 2002
    Great ideas on the coverups. I especially like the one on the gold-metallic chiffon, sounds great!

Out of curiosity (and because I'm unfortunately inept at doing most things artfully), do you have pictures, LeiaYT1300? Or is there somewhere I can find a picture of the 12" Leia with R2?

10. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Unfortunately, not of the wrapping I did--it was very last minute, and no one thought to bring a camera. I only have pics of the slave costume alone from an earlier wearing.

When it came to draping it, I just experimented the earlier that day, trying different angles until I found something I liked (in fact, now that I think on it, I'm not even quite sure how I did it back then--I'd have to reexperiment to remember).

My advice would be to take a length of cloth and begin draping either from the back of your shoulders like a shawl or over the front of your chest and work your way around. The trick is having a length of cloth that is wide enough to cover more of you in one fell swoop (at least 45").
    I also did some quick research on Roman draping (meaning I grabbed one of my art history books and had a look--I think it was the Villa of Mysteries scenes that I used), since they were so good at draping lengths of cloth. And while I'm mulling on this, the film "Gladiator" shows great draping also with Connie Nielsen's costumes--that might be worth a look as well.

Hope that helps somewhat! :)

11. Paradoxigirl

May 5, 2002
    Heh, I think I'll give that a try...I suppose it shouldn't be too bad, it sounds actually do-able, even for an artless imbicile like me. *grin*

One of my guy friends is very upset that I'm asking about coverups. =)

12. Elori

Elori Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    Thank you! :)

13. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    Just to let you know we have a Slave Bikini Builders Group on Yahoo Groups
    here

14. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    Well gang, I decided to put this baby on ebay as I am working on a new version already. It's on ebay here

15. fthcolumn

fthcolumn Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    Hey,

I'm just letting everyone know that I've totally redone the "fans in costume" profiles...
    http://www.leiasmetalbikini.com/fansincostume_intro.html

There's more pictures, more info, more ideas! :)

Jamin

16. fthcolumn

fthcolumn Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    A quick note that Leia's Metal Bikini will be offline until around Friday, December 6th. I need to upgrade with more disk space and so on. But this gives me some time to redo a few designs!

Jamin
    http://www.leiasmetalbikini.com

17. JediDrew

JediDrew Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2002
    Does anyone know where i can just buy a slave bikini... cause i can't make them and my girlfriend says she'd wear it... ;)

18. fthcolumn

fthcolumn Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    Hey there!

The Magic Wardrobe is one source for this costume. Take a look at their site...
    http://*********** (no advertising - Az)

Scroll down the page and look for "Futuristic Slave Girl."

Also, Ebay has a Slave Leia outfit from time to time. So check that out every couple of weeks.

Jamin

19. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    According to the TFN Costumes Forum FAQ (Section II specifically) you aren't supposed to post links to unlicensed dealers. Use the private message system. (I used this to send him this info earlier today.)

20. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Sorry, duplicate message.

21. fthcolumn

fthcolumn Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    Sorry about that.

Jamin

22. fthcolumn

fthcolumn Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    If you would like, you can take down the violating post.

Thanks,
    Jamin

23. fthcolumn

fthcolumn Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    Hey folks!

The Metal Bikini is back! Sorry about the delay. The link is at the bottom of this post....

Jamin

24. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    Has anyone had any experiences or heard anything about that Flex Sculpey? I made a Slave Bikini, but I wasn't to pleased with the results..... Im going to try a different route with the Flex sculpey. Supposedly, it bends and flexes after it is baked.... just kinda wondering! Thanks you guys for your tips and advice! :)

Oh yea, word of advice to alot of you who are attempting this- DON'T use that Model Magic stuff! It is a waste of time. I used it and it is not easy to work with, and also it dried all cracked and gross looking. I doNOt recommended it. I wasted alot of money on this stuff to end up with a big mess.... just a word of caution.

25. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    Yes, I am using it currently for a new version and I do like it, is a little safer from breaking than Premo Sculpey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.