main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Princess Leia Slave Bikini

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Paradoxigirl, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    I am constructing the top piece by piece and seeing how it works out that way... The bottom half is baking as I type this, and I am taking pictures as I go along with my digital camera. *crossing fingers* I shall see in a few hours how it works. :)

2. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Yeah, I have to say that Model Magic stuff is pretty bad. My own slave bikini from '99 is now scrap because it reacted with the paint I used. In short, it turned green, and then began to disintegrate! I will never use it again (which is too bad, because it was so easy to work with and so cheap!).

Zam, let us know how the Flex Sculpey works. I plan on redoing my costume, and I'm curious (I heard Sculpey can sometimes shrink, among other things). But I would love to hear about your experience. :)

3. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    Wow! It feels completely different from regular sculpey when baked and cooled! It has a rubber-like feel... like an eraser(?).... It definitely bends, and is *noticeably* lighter then my other bikini top.... I am going to work on the construction of the top tomorrow, but I had to let you guys know how the flex worked. My grade: A-

4. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Oooooo, now I really want to give this stuff a try. :D

Glad to hear it worked out so well for you, Zam! :)

5. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Yeah, it has a lot of bend to it. I would say weight wise, it feels the same as the one I did out of Premo Sculpey but definitely more flex to it.

6. fthcolumn

fthcolumn Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    I just finished a new update at Leia's Metal Bikini. Sorry it took so long.

Nighty night,
    Jamin

"It's a good thing."
    Martha Stewart

7. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    upping due to recent query. :)

8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Thanks......I'm making it for my daughter and she's wearing a full lycra fleshtoned body suit under it.....how do I attach the hip pieces? I'm using a wire frame and moulding clay for the bikini......do i use the same for the hips?

9. gbonkers

gbonkers Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2004
    Yeah...I posted this link a couple of months ago...and the Powers that Be deleted it...Now, they let this one go??? I guess that we are not as biased as we think we are....

10. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    gbonkers, I redirected a thread you started on the Leia bikini to this thread back in August -- is that what you're referring to?
    It was closed and redirected merely to keep redundancy down and maintain some degree of efficiency for people looking for tips on any particular costume.
    Sorry if there was any confusion over the matter.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    Thanks!

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Ahhh here it is. I think I'm going to take a stab at this soon. I think I have plenty of time to work on my flabby bellt between now and C3.

12. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm hoping this one isn't goibng to be for you. After hearing about how bad you were falling out of your ANH Leia dress, I imagine this would be much worse...

13. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    What has that to do with this? The problem with the Ceremonial Gown was that her neckline was cut too low, which was accidental.

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    You know it's for me, I can't resist. The problem with the ANH gown was the accidental too low cut top. I wasn't falling out so much as flashing bra at everyone. Since this costume is all bra, that shouldn't be an issue here. :p

I got plans to keep everything where it belongs. Two-sided tape and duct tape work wonders as you know.

15. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    Acutally the problem is that it is all bra with absolutely no support! Believe me, that is a big challenge with this costume if you are, um, well endowed because there is really no support whatsoever and the fact that there are no straps that connect to the outer sides of the cups.

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    And that will be my problem Mirax, but I shall make do.

Has anyone considered making this costume out of copper tubing for the top? I have a feeling sculpy will be a little too fragile for my bra.

Flex sculpy for the bottom right? All the advice in this thread is so spread out it's hard to keep track of everything.

Ever considered putting together a tutorial Mirax? Your costume seems to be the best one yet.

17. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    I unfortunately don't have the time nor the energy to put one together. But I always answer questions for folks. Someone is using copper tubing currently to make one. It is coming out pretty nice.

18. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I found one on ebay and got permission from the seller to list it here :) I like the top and bottom 'metal' parts, but I would personally change the fabric on the bottom to something a little heavier. Just thought I'd share with everyone :D

Ebay Item 2285460566

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    That is incredible! Too bad it wouldn't fit or I'd buy it. Thanks for sharing!

20. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    For those of you who have done a bikini out of Sculpy, did you use a wire frame? Did you mold the Sculpy entirely around the wire and bake it, or glue them together after the Sculpy was baked?

I haven't been happy with my sculpy/wire bra attempts.
    I've put this project aside until I can figure out what I need to do.

21. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    I used, wire, molded it around and baked it.

22. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Is there a particular type wire you recommend?
    Thanks,
  23. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Not modest at all, were they, in that ebay description? ;)

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I decided to finally start this monster. I bought about 100 feet of 14 gauge steal wire and pliers, I'll get the sculpy next paycheck. I have a feeling I'm going to have to make the top at least twice out of the wire to get it right. I suppose I'll document my progress here for now before I set up a website.

Cost/Materials thus far:
    Wire $4.00
    Pliers $7.50
    (wire cutters, pencil/pen, string, tape measure)
    -------------
    Total $11.50

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/Costumes/Creating%20Slave%20Leia/WireBraSide.jpg]
    Side of Bra

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/Costumes/Creating%20Slave%20Leia/WireBra.jpg]
    Front of Bra

All my Slave Leia Pics

25. beks

beks Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2004
    Yay found the topic!

I am thinking about making this as its such a recognisable sexy costume and im fed up of the ANH dress.

My big problem is that ive had a baby 5 years ago and i got a lot of stretch marks on my thighs and bum. Is there any way at all you guys think i couls work some tights into the costume without them looking terrible and too noticable? Or maybe you can think of another option?

I looked at a bodytight but it finishes in a scoop back and that and the bust line would show. I dont really want to go as covered as a full lycra suit underneath as it would ruin the look of the costume :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.