main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Slaves of the Republic Story Arc

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark-Fox, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I got the plot point that Obi-Wan was throwing the fight to stall, that was obvious, it's the being tossed all around that gets to be too much for me.

2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Cartoonish is a point of view. If you ask me. The fight was very well done compared, again, with the duel from the Hardeen arc or the fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan on Orondia or the duel in Rish Loo's hideout.
    The one in the end of the arc was more or less silly - seriously, Dooku threw forks and plates at Anakin and then blocked his attack with a chair.
    The fight on Orondia - short, a kick in the nuts and more silly than this one with D'Nar.
    The duel in hideout on Naboo - Dooku was throwing lamps at Anakin - cartoony to the max or Anakin and Dooku are fighting like a married couple now.

Point is, this fight was more or less for stalling of time. Obi-Wan just improvised moves to occupy D'Nar. It is was not meant to be pretentious like the duels on Naboo. Compared to the duels on Naboo, this one had a purpose for what it was.

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    If by "moves" you mean cracking his skull, getting flung to the floor, getting thrown into objects and all without a "creditable" attempt to "fight" - yeah, it was well done improv on Obi-Wan's part. :p

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, Obi-Wan should have been like Pernell Whitaker that fight. Hard to hit, and even when hit it's blocked, deflected or the impact is lessened in some way.

He is supposed to be a master of defense, after all. He does have Jedi reflexes, the ability to see things before they happen.

I'm not saying he can't be touched (that would be kinda boring, let him take a shot or two), but he should have been able to slip a significant number of the blows directed at him.

FARK2005 likes this.
  5. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    this was a great story arc. i really enjoyed it

overall I graded the arc as a whole with a 8.66/10 one of the better arcs of the show.

deathraygun and rumblewagon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.