main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Slayer -- [700 years post-NJO; Action; OCs; Hapan Empire] Important Annoucement on Page 9!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Jedi_Alexis:Whoa...

I just read all of this and I just have to say, Gladiotor is one of my favorites too, and I love the idea of a Star Wars version of it. I love the action and the dialogue.

Awesome work! Can't wait for more!

Thanks! :D I'm having lots of fun with this.

---

OK, DRL is currently attempting to kill me with a new lightsaber called "the Music Festival" so I only have so much time to pop in, say hi, and leave. I sent the next post to Ishie and I'm waiting for her beta job. Hopefully it will be up soon.

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Won't be able to get it done today because I'm moving.

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    You're moving? Have fun!

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, I'm in my new apartment, where we can only speak spanish and my roommate can't speak Spanish yet. We're having fun, indeed.

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Cool, Ish! :D Lots of fun!

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    A random up from the depths of... whatever page this was on, while I nurse my toe back to health.

Piece of advise: never stub your toe on a french horn.

:p

Next post is coming... sometime.

7. JediTristan

JediTristan Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    But I thought JW tried to kill all the horns? (listen to the Parade at the end of PM...you'll see what I'm talking about. JW has it in for horns.) Are they making a return?

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Aww, poor chica. When will this be updated? I was telling Ingrid, my Chilean roommate, about my bad day at the doctor's and somehow cut my finger sitting down.

9. JediTristan

Nov 30, 2004
    Hee, that sounds like a me-ism.

Pobresieta!

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    poor seven? or do you mean pobrecita?

11. JediTristan

Nov 30, 2004
    I DO! But I cannot spell!

Forgive me!

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, 'sokay. I'm just in Spanish housing and get made fun of by the natives if I use a wrong dialect.

13. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Tris -- my sister was home from university (she's studying music) and she never put away her french horn because she was always practising. I somehow managed to stub my toe on it when I was getting the computer chair. :p

Ishie -- When will this be updated?

Have you sent me your beta job yet?

::checks PMs::

No! :p

When you send the beta job back to me then it'll be updated. :D

14. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    OK, never mind.

PART TWO: THE CORELLIAN

Jaina Solo Fel walked into her uncle?s apartment to find that her mother and brother were already waiting. Jacen?s back was to her; his arm was around their mother?s shoulders. They were staring through the transparisteel window at the gentle waves of the Mon Calamarian sea.

?Mom?? she said, announcing her presence.

Leia Organa Solo turned around, her face pale, her eyes tightened with worry-lines.
    ?Yes??

?How is he?? Jaina asked, stepping quietly over to her.

Leia sighed. ?Not much better. Mara and Ben are with him.?

Jaina exchanged a brief look with Jacen and pushed a lock of dark hair behind her ear. Three decades had passed since the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. Three decades had been all it took to change everything. She had her own family and her children were grown. Jacen had married Tenel Ka in a lavish Hapan ceremony and their own children were proud Jedi Knights. Ben had grown up into a brilliant pilot under tutelage from his cousin. Leia, meanwhile, helped govern the New Republic through the traumatic post-war years, until Han died. She had then retired and devoted herself to studying Jedi history, a route that Jaina herself was deeply interested in. And Luke remained the ever powerful and wise Jedi Master, forever teaching the ways of the Jedi. Until he had fallen ill.

Until the illness began to rule his life.

Jaina could sense that her uncle was dying. She could see it in her mother?s eyes; she could feel it through the Force. She had never believed that there was the possibility that her strong uncle would die. But now she had no choice to accept it. Two years of constant illness, and Master Skywalker was sicker than ever before.

?Mom,? she asked quietly, ?is there anything we can do??

?Jaina.?

Leia turned around and hugged her daughter. She drew back, the light shining on her grey hair. ?He?s been declining for a year. He?s worn himself out so completely that there is no possible chance for recovery. It?s time for him to leave this world and become one with the Force.?

Jaina closed her eyes, a lump in her throat. ?I?ll miss him.?

Leia smiled.

The door to Luke?s room slid open and Ben exited. The short, fair-haired Jedi?s face was grim.

?What?s wrong?? Leia demanded.

?He wants to see you,? Ben told them gravely.

When they entered the sick room, they saw Mara Jade Skywalker sitting next to her husband?s bed, holding his hand. Her emerald eyes had lost their brightness; a weakness triggered by her dismay had overcome her.

Leia gently touched her brother?s shoulder. ?Luke??

The Jedi Master opened his eyes and smiled. ?Hi, Leia.? His voice was a whisper.

A sad beep sounded from the corner and R2-D2 slid in, followed by a clanking C-3PO, who had no comment to make.

Jaina steadied herself by placing a hand on the wall.

He looks terrible.

Luke laughed shortly. ?It doesn?t matter what I look like, Jaina. I only need you to listen.? He paused. ?When I?m gone, it?s up to you and your children to lead the Jedi.? He looked meaningfully at his son and his niece and nephew.

Jacen stirred restlessly.

?Don?t let them fall into darkness. The Jedi Order is new; there is the possibility that any of them could fall to the dark side and the Sith would be reborn.?

?We won?t fail you,? Jacen said quickly.

Luke smiled. ?I know you won?t, Jacen. But will your ancestors? How can you guarantee that the galaxy won?t change, and that peace and justice will be corrupted and a new Empire will rise? Who knows if the Jedi will be destroyed once again??

The three Jedi exchanged looks.

?Don?t let the Order fall. If I had one wish, it would be that the Order would live to see centuries of peace and justice. Keep it that way.?

His voice had fallen below a whisper. Mara bent forwards and whispered something inaudible to Luke. He smiled briefly and murmured something back. Then Mara drew away, and tearfully s

15. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
  16. JediTristan

Nov 30, 2004
    Ooh. At first I was totally confused, and went "wait, did Idrelle confuse posts or something?" But then i got it. :p

Wow. I loved the slave scene, I could totally see it. In fact, the thing I like most about this story is that I can see it.

Yay! Sorry for not posting, I collapsed in exhaustion last night...

-Tris

P.S.-My bro plays horn. I steal it from him whenever I get a chance. Horns rock.

17. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    ?Don?t let the Order fall. If I had one wish, it would be that the Order would live to see centuries of peace and justice. Keep it that way.?

Luke should know that up until the empire, the Jedi Knights were guardians of the Republic for ten thousand generations (really, that republic and its Jedi Order stood for twenty thousand years before teh Empire took over). yaay J/TK!

18. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    JediTristan: Ooh. At first I was totally confused, and went "wait, did Idrelle confuse posts or something?" But then i got it.

LOL! Yeah, the plot starts to get intricate starting here, as now there are going to be two stories going at the same time: what's happening to Gareth & co. (in the present) and then Jaina's part (in the past). There'll also be a part where C-3PO and R2-D2 come in (actually, 3PO's already had a cameo, mwhahaha). You probably won't get them confused, because they'll be in different colours. :)

Wow. I loved the slave scene, I could totally see it. In fact, the thing I like most about this story is that I can see it. Thanks! :)

P.S.-My bro plays horn. I steal it from him whenever I get a chance. Horns rock.

Oooo yeah! I love horns! :D But I can't play brass. Last time I tried playing my sister's horn she told me I sounded like a dying elephant. :p

SilSolo: yaay J/TK! I knew you'd approve. :p

Thanks for reading! :)

19. JediTristan

Nov 30, 2004
    I am sorry! Playing brass is one of the rare joys in life.

What do you play?

Looking forward to the double-story! Two for one, eh?

I am a bargain-hunter, after all.

20. lurker2209

lurker2209 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    I really like the drama and the intrigue you're building up here. I haven't seen Gladiator, so I don't really know where this is going, but I think it's going to be fun.

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Brass rocks, since you get all the fun fanfares in SW music, but hey, violas get Princess Leia's theme!

22. JediTristan

Nov 30, 2004
    JW's trumpets still give me shivers, even after all this time.

However, it's the horns that get the really good stuff, like the Binary Sunset and every Jedi death (except for Qui-Gon's...weird, but he had choral stuff so it's all good). OK, so horns and choirs get the good stuff, but the trumpets are alsways one step behind with the accents and double/triple/beyond me tonguing. *drool* I used to want to playin the London Symphony Orchestra just to get a crack at Star Wars music.

Hahah.

OMG! The soundtrack comes out tomorrow! Yay!

23. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    lurker2209: I really like the drama and the intrigue you're building up here. Thanks! I haven't seen Gladiator, so I don't really know where this is going, but I think it's going to be fun. Yep, lots and lots of fun. :)

Tris -- What do you play? Piano and clarinet. And I do some vocal stuff.

Looking forward to the double-story! Two for one, eh?

I am a bargain-hunter, after all.
    LOL! Yep, two-for-one. :D

Ish -- Brass rocks, since you get all the fun fanfares in SW music, but hey, violas get Princess Leia's theme! Yep! :D Clarinets get it in the band arrangement (which, by the way, sucks). And I do believe that there's oboe in either Princess Leia's theme or the Luke and Leia theme (can't remember which, oops -- it's been LOTR for the past week). I love woodwinds -- especially oboe and clarinet (when they're played properly). And brass. And strings.

OK, make that the entire orchestra. :p

Tris2: OK, so horns and choirs get the good stuff, but the trumpets are alsways one step behind with the accents and double/triple/beyond me tonguing. *drool* I used to want to playin the London Symphony Orchestra just to get a crack at Star Wars music.

LOL! :D Don't all musicians want to play in the London Symphony Orchestra? :p

OMG! The soundtrack comes out tomorrow! Yay! Really? I didn't know that!

::prepares to rush out to buy it, and then stops::

Oops. I don't have any money. :(

24. JediTristan

Nov 30, 2004
    It's ok, I can't get it till sunday, anyway.

EDIT: Did you forget that Across the Stars is a clarinet solo, primarily?

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    It's oboe, Tris. Oboe. There is a bit of clarinet somewhere around the middle, but the opening solo is deffinately oboe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.