main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Slayer -- [700 years post-NJO; Action; OCs; Hapan Empire] Important Annoucement on Page 9!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    It is oboe, which is why I like it so much.

Idrelle, in the opening theme concert version, there's a section of Leia's theme and it's a trade off between cellos and violas. Mostly violas.

2. JediTristan

JediTristan Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    ooh!

color me corrected!

sheeit! you guys do know your woodwind stuff!

I'll just be the resident Silly Brass Member.

*moves back to brass section and commiserates with the other trumpet idiots*

Y'all know they are, right?

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    :D Lol, yep.

Trumpets aren't bad, though. Except when they're blasting your ears with the evil saxofools... erm, saxophones, in music class. :p

---

Working on the next post, should be sending it off to Ish for beta'ing soon. :)

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    When I was in the Intermediate Concert Orchestra at Interlochen, I was in the second violins and our layout made it so I was right in front of the piccolos. Then I converted to viola and it meant I sat right in front of the trumpets during every performance of Handel's Messiah.

Needless to say, I've dated guys who played mellow instruments, like piano and clarinet. I only dated the piccolo-player because he had tickets to Itzhak Perlman's concert.

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    A much needed update. Enjoy! :)

Dawn came in a shower of bloodred light. Gareth hadn?t noticed that the sail barge had stopped until someone, one of Bast?s cronies, began bludgeoning him with the butt end of a Gaffi stick, telling him to get up.

Gareth was trooped with the other hopeless-looking slaves and Tahira Uwyn from the barge and into the dusty, sand-ridden city. People of all kinds, children and adults alike, came to gawk at the slaves, pointing and laughing. Gareth watched through half-closed eyes and Tahira spat at one of the leering men and received a blow in the back with a gaffi stick.

?Move along!? Bast?s voice called.

They were forced to march a long the streets and into a large compound where they were allowed to rest and wait, tied with chains to posts to keep them from escaping. Tahira put up a valiant fight until two men held her down and shackled her legs to the post. Gareth, still in his accustomed daze, sat motionless against his own post and watched the proceedings with half-closed eyes.

---

Rhiannone Bast tucked her helmet under her arm and strode into the cantina. As usual, she was late. Not that it mattered ? Killharn always waited for her because she owned the best slaves in the entire galaxy.

Pushing her way past a trio of slimey humanoids, she marched over to a booth where a black-robed man with long grey hair tied into a braid at the back of his neck sat drinking that familiar strong Corellian ale that had once had her drunk for a week. A gaffi stick lay across his lap. Across the table was a black-and-white skinned Twi?lek wearing an irritable look.

?Andan Killharn!? Bast called. ?I have something that you may want.?

Without looking at her, Grey-hair?s hand shot out and gripped her arm, pulling the armour-encased woman to the floor beside his chair. ?Those speeders you sold me,? he murmured quietly, ?are malfunctioning. First day I used them, their engines burnt out on me and no one in this sithspawned hole knows how to fix them. I want my money back.?

Growling, Bast attempted to tug her arm away, but failed. The old man?s grip was firm. ?No chance of that, Killharn!? she hissed. With her other hand, she slid her hand blaster from its holster.

?Put it away, Bast,? Killharn told her. ?You?ve already tried to shoot me ? stang, you?ve tried to shoot me from the first time you wanted to sell me slaves.?

She snarled. ?If it wasn?t for your ??

?Shut up,? he spat. He released her arm. ?You wanted something??

Recovering quickly, Bast nodded, sweeping loose strands of brown hair out of her face. ?Yeah. Lot?s of good slaves to sell?? she lent in closer and whispered in his ear, ?and I?ll drop the price just for you.?

Grey-hair paused and appeared to think about it. ?Fine. I?ll come look at your new stock ? but it better be good.?

?Best yet, Killharn,? Bast promised, grinning.

Killharn ignored her and signaled to the beautiful Twi?lek sharing his booth. ?Come, Ni?la.?

---

Bast led the way through the city?s complex, dust-ridden streets to her compound where she had chained her slaves.

As she and Killharn walked around the compound, he observed the slaves. Trailing behind them, the Twi?lek named Ni?la gazed up at the sky from time to time, cursing her owner under her breath.

?Do any of them fight?? Killharn asked. ?I have a match coming up next month.?

Bast shrugged. ?The stronger ones are over there.? She pointed.

Killharn turned to her and gripped her arm again in his iron grasp. ?Are any of them Force-sensitive??

She shrugged again. ?How would I know??

He spat in her face. ?If you can?t tell, then most of your stock is useless to me. I don?t need ones who can?t wield a lightsaber properly.?

?Hey, old friend. Some are good for fighting, and others for dying. You need both. Take half of them and there?s bound to be at least two Force-sensitives in the pile.?

Killharn growled and marched away. ?Your slaves are useless, Bast. Useless and rotten.?

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    YAY! I love this part. The bartering was amusing.

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Upping for more readers.

8. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Killharn... that very name gives me the creeps

9. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Caught up. Excellent updates :D I'll bet most of the gladiatorial audiences are Hutts. They love a bit of bloodshed. And it is Tatooine after all ;)

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    A billion hutts and one sadistic bostonian...

11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    ^^^ ::scans the arena:: Well, what do you know, there is one billion Hutts and a sadistic bostonian... :p

DarthIshtar: YAY! I love this part. The bartering was amusing. Thanks! :) I had fun writing the bartering scene.

SilSolo: Killharn... that very name gives me the creeps Yeah. Exactly. It's in his nature to be a creepy, old guy who trains gladiators. But he's not all that bad. I'm rather fond of him; I even gave him a nickname. Although it's not too good: Grey-hair. :p

Spike2002: Caught up. Good for you. :p :D Excellent updates. Thanks! :)

---

Just letting you all know that I'll probably update on Thursday. It is a special occasion after all. :p

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, thursday is the anniversary of the battle of flumburg...

Oh, you mean ROTS...

13. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    ^^^ It's most deffinately updated for the Battle of Flumburg. :p

No, it's updated in honor of ROTS opening!

How ever, I'm rather ticked off with my theater because ROTS opening means kicking one of my favourite movies out of the theater when I was just going to go see it again. ::grumbles about the problems with 9 screen theaters that only show 7 movies::

---

?Red!? Killharn?s voice echoed around the compound.

Gareth watched the proceedings through narrowed eyes. It was some sort of test ? Killharn wanted to see how well his new slaves fought. Gareth had decided when the testing had begun, that he would give his new master denial. He would not fight.

?Next!?

A tall, brown-haired young man marched towards, his head held high, his blue eyes on fire. The man testing him was evidently was Killharn?s favourite and most veteraned gladiator, tossed him a deactivated lightsaber. He glanced at it once, punched the activation button and flicked it to training mode. His opposition did the same.

He lunged forwards, swiping, attacking, parrying.

The tester caught his blade as it slashed violently at the side of his neck. Quite calmly, the young man looked him in the eye and quickly swung his blade and attempted to gore his opponent?s stomach. Again, the tester parried the blow.

?Good,? he commented, lowering his blade.

?Red!? Killharn announced and a dab of red was slopped on the man?s tunic. He glared proudly at the tester and spat at his feet before marching away.

?Next!?

The tester?s eye caught Gareth?s. ?Corellian!? he called.

Gareth got to his feet and walked slowly towards the tester. He was handed a deactivated lightsaber. He smiled shortly before dropping it to the ground.

The tester shot a look in Killharn?s direction before smashing his glowing blade in Gareth?s direction. On training mode, the lightsaber couldn?t cut his skin, but the blow still had enough force to knock the wind out of him. Gareth stumbled backwards, but still stood his ground as the tester smashed another blow into his side.

?Enough!? Killharn yelled, stilling another blow. Both the tester and Gareth glanced up at him. ?His time will come,? he barked. ?Let him be.?

As he turned to leave, Gareth smirked in the tester?s direction.

---

That night, Gareth lay on his cot in the cell he shared with several other slaves. One in particular was watching him as he scratched at the tattoo on his shoulder with a scrap piece of sharp metal he had found on the floor.

The tattoo was a symbol of the Hapan army. He wasn?t general anymore; they believed him to be dead. He didn?t want anything to do with his old life. Deep in his mind was the idea of getting rid of the tattoo.

His fellow slave watched him as he scratched and picked at his shoulder with the sharp edge of the metal. Blood bubbled up, forming a new wound, mixed with the black dye. The five-point star, symbol of the Hapan Empire, was leaving his skin.

?Corellian, why don?t you fight??

The slave?s voice was distant, even though he only stood a meter away. Gareth paused and continued his work without a word.

The slave was tall and lean. Black eyes glinted behind a matted tangle of shoulder-length brown hair. ?We all have to fight,? he said.

Gareth hissed slightly, from both pain and anger. ?It is not my choice,? he said quietly. ?I have spent an entire lifetime fighting. No more.?

?But you?ll die.?

?It doesn?t matter. Everyone dies eventually.?

The slave grinned. ?You have a strange mindset, Corellian.? He paused, looking at the tattoo slowly ebbing away from Gareth?s skin. ?You were in the army?? he asked.

?Yes. A long time ago.? It wasn?t that long ago, Gareth admitted to himself, but to him, it felt like a lifetime.

?Won?t the Empress be angry if she finds out??

Gareth snorted. ?The Empress thinks I?m dead,? he said shortly.

His fellow slave nodded. ?All right. I won?t ask you anymore.? He rose to leave. ?But you will eventually have to fight. Remember that when the time comes, Corellian. Remembe

14. lurker2209

lurker2209 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    Hm...I watched Gladiator this weekend, so I have a bit more of an idea where this is going now. I like the way you've adapted the story to your own ideas, fit it into the Hapan tradition and Jedi culture.

~Lurker

15. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    So, he's descended from either Valin or Jysella and has a relative on the field with him?

16. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    This is not dead!

Sorry that it's taken me a long time to get back to this. I was extremely busy.

lurker2209: I watched Gladiator this weekend, so I have a bit more of an idea where this is going now.

A bit is right. Although the way that I'm planing the ending is getting quite different from the ending of Gladiator.

I like the way you've adapted the story to your own ideas, fit it into the Hapan tradition and Jedi culture.

Thanks! :)

SilSolo: So, he's descended from either Valin or Jysella and has a relative on the field with him?

Now that's a good question, one that I can't answer. But Vyvienne is quite obviously descended from Valin.

Thanks for reading! :)

---

OK, important annoucement.

I'm getting increasingly busy with the end-of-year crash. Exams are coming up quite earlier for my school than for others because they're renovating it this summer. I'm getting quite a heavy work load from my teachers and haven't found too much time to write. I'm trying my best to write a little bit, but I can't promise when the next post will be.

--Idrelle

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    OK, everyone, do you know what today is?

Today is:

HUG A LURKER DAY!

[image=http://www.rhonderoo.com/easy.jpg]

The situation is that I've been kidnapped by an evil Sith Lord and only Lurkers can free me. Come and post and free me! I'm begging you!

Free cookies and chocolate cake for any lurker that posts! And if lots of you delurk, then I might start working harder and more often and the next post will be up sooner. If that's not enough... then I bribe you with this: you'll get a very special cameo when this story gets back to Hapes!

So come and delurk! Pretty please? [face_batting]

Lots of hugs to lurkers! [:D] [:D] [:D]

Readers, hug a lurker! [:D] [:D] [:D]

18. eward16

eward16 Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2004
    For free cookies and chocolate cake I?ll delurk. I fall prey to bribes easily and btw I really like your story. :)

Erin

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Erin, THANK YOU! As the first delurker, I give you an extra dose of chocolate cake and cookies!!! :D

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Why don't the non-lurkers ever get prizes? Just out of curiosity...

21. eward16

eward16 Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2004
    yummy chocolate [face_hypnotized]

22. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Ish, I have no idea why the non-lurkers don't get prizes. Maybe it would be too many prizes to give. :p If you want a prize, you can have one. Lots of chocolate cake! And a special role as the one sadistic bostonian in the crowd of Hutts for the battle scene which I'm sending to you to beta in like a second or two.

eward16, are you being mesmerized by chocolate? I'll give you some more! :)

23. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    OK, just letting y'all know that I don't have any time to work on this at all while I prepare for exams. After the 22nd, I'm free.

I haven't forgotten this. It's just being postponed for exams right now. DRL is evil.

I did send Ishy the next update, and I'm sure she'll find the time to beta it soon, so I may have that up pretty soon, depending...

And one last note: Slayer has one nom for Best Canon.

Which really surprised me because I wasn't even expecting anything for it. :)

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Now that my exams are over, i'll have time to beta.

25. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    All caught up. Nice descriptive work there Idrelle :D

Hope you get back to us soon :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.