main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Slayer -- [700 years post-NJO; Action; OCs; Hapan Empire] Important Annoucement on Page 9!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Ish: Yes, beta! Beta! Beta! Beta! Now! :p

Spike2002: Thanks. :) I'm waiting for my beta, so the next post shouldn't be too long (I know I've been saying that a lot, but I mean it this time). I'm trying to work on the next bit that comes after the post that I'll update with, but I need an inspiration. I'm kind of stuck at the moment.

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, will beta soon, I promise!

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    You better or you'll have a very angry Padawan on your hands ::glares::

Just kidding, :p You know I'd never be angry. :D

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    If you do get angry, I've got an entourage who can kick your tush!

5. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    interesting....

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Ish -- that's the reason why I'm hiding in Canada. :p

Courtney Solo: Thanks! Always try to write something that's interesting... or was it a response to Ishy's last comment? :p

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, if you say so.

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Okay, I betaed, now work, work, work! but still take time to chat.

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Ishy -- this is my list of things to do:

1. Work
    2. Work
    3. Work
    4. Chat
    5. Work
    6. Work
    7. Work
    8. Chat
    9. Work
    10. Eat
    11. Sleep
    12. Work
    13. Work
    14. Work
    15. Chat
    16. Work

And so on. Satisfied? :p

And here is the long awaited first gladiator battle set in the old pod-racing arena on Tatooine. Sigh. And it took me about a month to get this up. I suggest you go back and read the end of the last post just so you remember what's happening and who is where and such.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Gareth blinked, clearing his vision. The light was intensified by the brightness of the white stands glaring at them from across the arena, turning it into a painful white blur of sand and stadium.

He reacted instantly as his fellow gladiators charged forwards, some yelping with pain when they collided head-on with whatever waited for them outside. A blaster rang out, followed by the soft hissing of a stokhli stick?s spraynet.

Gareth ignited his lightsaber. With a determined shout, he leaped forwards into the arena.

A horde of mismatched, but well-armed gladiators waited for him, all of them branded with an identical symbol on their left shoulders. There seemed to be hundreds of them, ranging from humans to Ewoks. There were species from almost every planet in the Outer-rim territories ? there was even a Noghri.

The crowds were chanting, screaming and yelling from every side of the stadium. Huttese shouts cheered on the vicious skirmish that took place on the remains of what once was a podracing course.

The first few minutes were short and ugly. Gareth struck at his first enemy and ran him through easily with a blow from his saber. Sensing the weapon of another, he turned rapidly and raised his saber, repelling the blow of another lightsaber. Sparks flew from the collision.

Several blaster shots rang through the air, accompanied by the groans of the targets. Gareth raised his saber and quickly deflected a sizzling shot. It hit a tall male Twi?lek in the chest.

The crowd roared with approval.

Something jumped on his back, attempting to strangle him with furry paws. With a roar, a large Wookiee waved its massive hands and struck the struggling creature?s back.

The creature yelped and Gareth stumbled and fell to the ground; his attacker rolled off his back. As he pushed himself off the ground, the Wookiee lifted the furry creature, which could now be defined as a particularly large Ewok, into the air. The Ewok kicked out with its feet. Ignoring the blow, the Wookiee casually threw the Ewok halfway across the arena. Growling, he leaped after it and jumped, crushing the small creature repeatedly under his massive weight. The Ewok squealed loudly.

The Hutts? thunderous cheers echoed around the stadium. Most were clapping, their delight spreading across their wide faces.

Gareth turned and ducked as a humming red blade struck at him. He raised his saber and parried the dark-skinned, deeply tattooed human?s second blow. In a quick succession of thrusts, his saber sliced through the lower handle of his opponent?s saber and then decapitated him.

---

Andan Killharn watched the battle from his own personal box, following every move his gladiators made on a small screen. His grey eyes narrowed as he saw Astrix coolly behead another man.

He was a fighter, Killharn thought, and he was one of the best. Where he had been trained, Killharn didn?t care. He could see it in the way Astrix wielded his saber, the way he didn?t even flinch from horrific images of battle that he was extraordinary. He wasn?t an average fighter.

He could be truly magnificent. He could earn his freedom, just as Killharn had done, many years ago.

He could be a true Jedi.

---

He felt the lightsaber coming before it even came close to him. He spun around, parrying the brilliant yellow blade, and came face-to-face with Kian Lythstar.

He glared at the surprised young man before whirling around and slashing an

10. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I'm wondering if you (my readers) would like a PM update list, seeing as though updates seem to be going slowly.

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yay, the dueling ewok!

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Ish -- the dueling ewok... *sigh* Thanks for the inspiration for it :p

Upping for the sake of... upping. ;)

13. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    whoa! blaster fire is the best, but only if you have a lightsaber at hand!

Gr8 post!

Courtney

14. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Courteny -- Thanks! I'm working on the next post, but it'll take us away from the lovely blaster fire.

15. eward16

eward16 Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2004
    update soon please[face_praying]
    Erin

16. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    Hey, I just found this story, and I'm really impressed. I'm a fan of Gladiator, and Star-Wars-ing it and making it work the way you do shows wonderful writing skills and great imagination. Keep up the good work.

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    eward16: Look below for the annoucement and please accept my deepest apologies. Thanks for reading the post!

karebear214: Awww [face_blush] Thanks!

---

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT FROM THE AUTHOR!

This project is currently on hold while I try to fix up plot holes in my outline and get everything set. I'm having major Darth Writer's Block for this fic, but I have every intention on finishing it. I am going away for a week-long trip to my cottage and then to music camp, so I'll have a nice long break from the computer and the JC boards. I am planning on writing some more of Slayer then.

I apologize for taking so long to update this and thanks for understanding. To my readers -- in two or three weeks, you may have a new post!

[:D]

--Idrelle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.