main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sleepless Night (Jacen, Tahiri, takes place between Chaps 5 and 9 of Swarm War)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dreamless, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreamless

Dreamless Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2006
    A/N -- I wanted to write a missing scene for Swarm War; in this, it is only Tahiri and Jacen talking. There is no romance between them because I truely believe that Jacen loves Tenel Ka.
    Dislcaimer -- I don't own a thing!
    -----------------

Sleepless Night

I don?t know what it was that had me pacing all night the length of my room in the Jedi Temple on Ossus; my sleep pants and tunic were rumpled and my eyes felt as if they held sand with in them. I?ve had many sleepless nights, most of them had been spent thinking about the new theories of the Force, and practice. I had practiced new skills during my sleepless nights as well.

However, tonight was different. There was an air of?dependency? Was it? No, betrayal? That was it. Someone was feeling lost and betrayed. Was it because of me? I did start this war with the Chiss after all. However, I did not regret that decision, I did what I had to do because I made a choice. I made a choice to save the Galaxy, to not let another war be let lose upon the frailness of the beings that survived the last one. I couldn?t let Ben go through another one without his parents.

My thoughts of Ben were dashed as a knock came to my door; I called for whoever it was to come in, and Tahiri entered. She was dressed for a mission, in dark robes that looked worn. She wasn?t glaring at me, like so many of the other Jedi Knights who had been my friends, at a point in time, but that was my fault as well.

?I just wanted to tell you?that we?re leaving,? she said.
    ?Oh??
    ?Yeah, Master Skywalker is sending, Lowie, Tresar and I to Degobah,?
    ?I see, a little re-thinking, hmmm??
    ?How can you say that!? she was glaring at me now. I see why Anakin liked her so much, she was a spit-fire when she wanted to be. I sighed and turned to the window that looked out over the gardens.
    ?Re-thinking your life isn?t such a bad idea, only the Force knows how much of that I?ve been doing over the past few months,? I replied quietly, tersely. She subsided with an annoyed sigh.
    ?Lowie and Tresar told Madam Thul?some things; and?Masters Skywalker got range of it and?I would have gone with them, to tell Madam Thul. I think it was wrong,? she tried to explain, not properly in my opinion, of course. But I had grown used to that, not even Vergere did. I spun on her, and she stepped back.

?I know what you mean; I know what you told Masters Skywalker, I know that you told them about the supply depot. Do you want to know something??
    ?What? That your sorry that you did it?? she asked.
    ?No, I am not sorry, I will never be; there are more important things in the Galaxy that I must take care of, and if you did not see the threat, then that is your fault for not looking past the lies,? I replied.

She stared at me, like I had grown three heads and a tail; then she glared at me again; ?The only person around here lying is yourself! And what about what you did to Ben? That memory wipe!? she growled, oh, she truly is half Vong!

?I will not explain any of my actions to you; the only person?s around here that I should be explaining anything too is Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara; they are Ben?s parents after all, and, if he wants me, then I will teach him!? I glared. My tone had grown sharp but Tahiri was Tahiri and she never backed down from a fight when she thought she could win.

?Yes you do! You convinced us into attacking that depot! You knew they didn?t have enough people or ships to turn us away,?
    ?Well, no I really didn?t, I was just hoping for the best,? I replied quietly. My arms crossed and head held high. If she thought she could make me stand down, then she was dead wrong!
    ?Your lying! About everything,? she said.
    ?Oh??
    ?Don?t start that with me! What else did you see in your vision that you haven?t told us?? she asked me. What was it that I hadn?t told her? Enough, I believe.
    ?I am not telling you a thing, we, no, I did what had to be done, and if that meant getting you lot to do it with me?than so be it. If it meant lying to you? Yeah, I did lie, and I would

2. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.