main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Sleepy Hollow - a modern day tale

Discussion in 'Community' started by Juliet316, May 16, 2013.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Found another promising Supernatural FOX series that will likely be killed by FOX before half a season.

Dammit FOX, why are you doing this to me, teasing me with two promising shows that I know you're just going to cancel in the end!?:_|

2. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Eh. Just watch the Timmy Depp movie.
    [​IMG]
    With 100% more Walken.

CloneUncleOwen and NYCitygurl like this.
  3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    So (without watching the trailer) Ichabod comes back to life in the modern day?

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yep, pretty much.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  6. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    This show is terrible. I watched the first episode. Had a season's worth of exposition crammed into one episode. Shouldn't we be finding everything out slowly by the season? Why is the Fourth Horsemen working as a Mercenary for the Brits? How is that even something that Death itself would be doing?

7. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    You overestimate the patience of people watching a show about the Headless Horseman and a 250-year old Ichabod Crane.

8. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I don't mind the pacing. It seems to be doing something unexpected (new baddie every ep?) and since I don't understand what the end goal is, I'll stick with it. They seem to have it planned out pretty well. Overall I think it's better than most shows on tv.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  9. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    If anything, I think the pacing is working in its favor. Most people I've talked to who've enjoyed have done so precisely because there's so much crazy stuff going on at once. If they tried to drag it out over the course of the season, I'm not sure it would be doing anywhere near as well.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This show looks hilarious.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The first episode was fun; the second ran more like a cheap horror movie and I wasn't as happy. I'm giving it a couple more episodes before I decide about bailing though.

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I think we may get more myth/monster of the week with a sprinkling of episodes that hinge on the original apocalypse theme interspersed.

I agree with The Loyal Imperial. I'm enjoying it for all the crazy **** going on. Kinda got a comic feel going on and we know how hard it is to make fantasy shows 'realistic'. That's the fastest way to make them fail.

I'll also admit that Tom Mison's Icabod is rather easy on the eyes.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Amen.

Mar17swgirl and Healer_Leona like this.
  15. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    This has been pretty decent so far. I will continue to watch.

16. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    I'm enjoying it a lot, especially the way they are sort of downplaying Icabod's acclimation into modern society, making it very much a background theme, instead of right out front.

I'm less pleased by the way they've failed to explain why a Sherriff's Deputy (who wouldn't answer to 'lieutenant') is suddenly working for the Chief of Police, but that's really a minor quibble.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Wow, Lilith Demodae, how how you?!?

Totally agree about his acclimation. Admittedly at first it really bugged me because you'd think waking up 200 years in the future would be a big deal, but I'm growing fond of the little bits they give us every episode. The start of this last episode was hysterical to me as I at first wondered who he was talking to.

18. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I wonder if GrandAdmiralJello has been watching. He would've loved last night's episode.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    No, I don't watch this show. I... know it exists? but that's about it.

20. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Well, Jefferson got a right drubbing last night.

21. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I just marathoned half this season. I don't know if it's because I watched it all at once or what, but it seemed to get...really good. Surprisingly. I thought it was going to follow the crapfest of Grimm and throw out a million pointless villains but there seems to be a point to the pointlessness of these villains.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005