main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Sleight of Hand (L/M, H/L) **COMPLETED!** Author replies & question 9/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by kayladie97, Dec 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    o_O Impressive. Most impressive. And you did a very good job with Luke and Leia after they had the big moment of finding out who they really were.
    An excellent conclusion.

Very impressive. =D=

2. NaomiOrganaSolo

NaomiOrganaSolo Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 8, 2005
    Great, I loved it - though I'm sad that it's over.

The end image was fab, very much like the end of a Star Wars film... I could almost here the music and see the credits roll! Wonderful!

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    =D= Wonderful finish. @};- The talk with Obi was good - I can see the twins being upset, but I can see Obi's reasoning as well. It will take Leia some time to get used to others. Nice hint of Han and Leia future together.

don't die! You have another story that needs finishing. ;)
    Will chocolate Luke help?

4. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    His hand crept over to gently cover hers and, for probably only the second time in her life, Leia allowed someone that personal contact. How sad it was that the first instance was her own brother, and that both had happened in the same day.

Heartwrenching!

Congratulations for finishing this and thank you for sharing it with us! :)

5. Melodious

Melodious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    okay so first of all last post..have no idea what i was thinking, but i thought i read something indicating Yoda. I'll blame the bad pastry i never ate. Sorry bout that.

WOW! what an amazing ending. The beginning perhaps of another story?
    I love how you handled their reconciliation after losing one another due to obi-wans wishes. it was very sweet the railing scene as well. made me think of the original RotJ scene, this time with a happier ending.

Loved the Han and Leia reunion, and the Luke Mara one. It seems strange for mara to be wary of leia especially after reading the EU books.

overall i loved the story! Great job.

6. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Runs in to revive author...don't die!

That was a great ending!! The strength of the dialogue between Obi-Wan and Luke and Leia was great and the final piecing together of the events were so uncanny and a wonderful parallel to the ending of ROTJ.

Excellent job.

Thank you very much for letting me come along for the ride--sometimes I start reading stories and they just hit me in the gut at how remarkable they are--despite being different from everything else I read---awesome plot construction and awesome awesome charachter development.

GOO kayladie97!

Keep me posted on your next project!

Thanks again!
    jade51999

7. JediPrincess_Annelie

JediPrincess_Annelie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2004
    WOW!

... just... WOW!
    =D=

This piece has been absolutely amazing!
    - The story, the characters, the characterization (the non-abandonment). Thank you so much for sharing. This story will be incredibly missed!

- JP_A
    [face_batting]

8. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Excelent ending! Any chance of a sequel?

9. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    See, already they start clamouring for a sequel. :p

*author dies*

On the contrary, now you can start living again! You're free! Free from having this montrous project hanging over your head. Free from feeling you should be working on the next chapter instead of relaxing and reading other people's stories.

Except, of course, for this talk about a new story you're starting? It'll be great, whatever it it.

On to my review (for both the last 2 posts):

Vader's death scene was wonderfully done. When he reached up to stroke their cheeks, it struck me how this bookended when Padme brushed baby Luke's face when she was on her deathbed. And Luke and Leia's conversation at the funeral pyre was great, including Ben's appearance. Luke's mentioning of the number that died on DS1 was sad. Was that the same figure he used in the Black Fleet books when he rattled off the number killed?

Luke and Leia have so much to catch up on, so many regrets, and so many things to look forward to.

In fact, the whole story reminds me of a throwaway line I had in Journey, when Luke is trying to convince Leia of Mara's goodness, and he reminds her that it could've just as easily been one of them taken by Palpatine and trained to be an assassin.

All in all, just a fantastic job, Kathy dear. I think the only thing I missed was not getting to see enough of Luke and Mara's reunion!

Now go celebrate! =D= [:D] [face_dancing]

@};- @};- @};-

10. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Great way to end this, kayladie! I loved the explanations from Obi-Wan. It really was too bad that that Leia and Luke had to be separated, but, as Obi-Wan pointed out, it seemed for the best at the time.

Leia's hesitation was spot-on, and I couldn't help smiling when Luke and Mara greeted. Now that they've got a future to look forward to, I'd say the author has earned a well-deserved break. But I certainly hope to see more in the future.

Once more, great job, and...may the Force be with you.

Tych_sel

11. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    I remember the first chapter where that innocent little girl gets taken from her mother and everything she knows! :_| And now, she gets reunited with her brother, and with that certain wonderful 'scoundrel' [face_love]

Thanks for taking us on this incredible journey! I really do feel when I read this, that I'm seeing the trilogy for the first time, and the characters all just come to life.

When Luke and Leia see their father, I just felt the tears start to come. I wish they could have known each other. So beautiful and so sad! And they have something to share forever. And I'm glad Luke felt the love Ben has for him.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

Bravo to the Author!

Standing O! =D=

@};- @};- @};-

12. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    *cries a ton*

*gives kayladie97 big chocolate cake and lots of cool SW presents for finishing her wonderful story*

*goes off and cries some more*

13. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Kayladie97, I'm speechless! Congratulations on finishing this! Great story, I hope you write more stories soon!

14. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Wow. What an ending. I wish the ending of my own first fic could have been so ... wonderful. I apologize for being late in replying, as I was out of town the day of the update, and failed to find it until now. I'm glad the rebels accepted Leia without much hassle. Although she had to antagonize Mara. I'm also glad the twins made peace with Obi-Wan.

15. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!

*sleeping now*

16. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Nem: Seriously, kayladie, it's been a hell of a ride. Congrats x about 3 million for actually finishing the story, and for resolving everything so wonderfully. Bravo!

:D Thank you very much!

Classic Guinness Obi-Wan. Fantastic line! I have to say again, I love the way you get odd tidbits of humour in here, just like the movies.

Argh! I had SO much trouble with that sequence, I just couldn't get Obi-Wan to sound like Obi-Wan! So I'm glad at least one sentence worked well. :p

Once more, congratulations. Great work - all the way through - and it's been more than worth sticking by it all the way. I feel privileged to have been here.

[face_blush] Again, thank you so much!

ginchy: I really loved the endings...what with Leia taking her true name and the welcome home they got. Loved the talk with Ben, too.

I almost ended it right after Leia says 'my name is Leia Skywalker' but it seemed to beg for a little bit more. Glad you liked it! :)

Now we need a sequel with Luke learning to sheild his and Mara's intimate time from his sister.

I more than likely will do a sequel (I have a few ideas!) but it'll be a while cause I'm finishing up another WIP on another site, and I just started on an even stronger AU than this one! A bunny that's been nibbling for a while, cause I swore I wouldn't start another long story until this one was done...

MarySue: That was a WONDERFUL ENDING TO A FANTASTIC STORY!! I can't even think of praise high enough for this story. You did a great job, from beginning to end, and YOU FINISHED IT! *gives author a trophy*

Thank you so much! Your enthusiasm kept me going so many times, you just don't know! :D

AND... you gave us H/L fans hope for the future of Han and Leia, too!

Whew! I was half-thinking that you'd be mad at me for Han and Leia not ending up completely together! [face_batting]

Jade_eyes: It's quite an accomplishment to make an AU story hold together and yet all the people still be truly themselves character wise--I loved this fic for its uniqueness and for the fact that I could hear all the characters saying what they did in the "voices" profic gave them--and the emotions were so vividly brought forth for us.

Wow, thank you so much for your kind words! You've got me blushing here. Really! [face_blush]

Thanks a bunch for such grand entertainment. Ranks up there with "Joureny of Discovery" and Tych's AU duology.

:eek: High praise indeed! Thank you!

CommanderK23: Impressive. Most impressive. And you did a very good job with Luke and Leia after they had the big moment of finding out who they really were.
    An excellent conclusion.

Thanks so much! The reveal of Luke and Leia's true relationship was the moment that I'd been wanting to write since I started this story, so I'm glad it came off well! :)

NaomiOS: Great, I loved it - though I'm sad that it's over.

Hee hee! I'm happy it's over! :p

The end image was fab, very much like the end of a Star Wars film... I could almost here the music and see the credits roll! Wonderful!

I think that's about the best compliment anyone could give a SW fanfic! Thank you! :)

RebelMom: Wonderful finish. The talk with Obi was good - I can see the twins being upset, but I can see Obi's reasoning as well. It will take Leia some time to get used to others.

Thanks so much! I suppose on one level they understand why Obi-Wan felt he had to do what he did, but on another deeper level, a brother and sister just ached at not having grown up together. :(

Nice hint of Han and Leia future together.

But was that a hint...or just a big tease? [face_devil]

don't die! You have another story that needs finishing.
    Will chocolate Luke help?

Oh, are you reading that one? [face_blush] It's funny, this was like my 'serious' story and that one is my 'oh heck, let's hurt Luke, but first let's let him have lots of nookie' story! [face_laugh] And chocolate Lukie never

17. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    PM me when you post your sequel! :)

You know, if you put lots of H/L mush in your sequel, that will count toward that mushy H/L story you promised me! (see.... I'm SOOOO easy to please! ) :D :D

18. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Definitely PM me when the next one's up. I don't want to miss it!

Tych_sel

19. Melodious

Melodious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    please please pm me!!

and i completely agree with Ponytricks idea for loads and loads of H/L mush!!

20. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I would like vey much a PM when the sequel starts...

BTW: Why would I hate this? It was wonderful!

21. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yeah, I'm reading your other one.

PM sounds good to me. I'll be here.

22. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Put me on the PM list please. Especially for the sequal to this one!!!! It was great.

S.

23. Culf_the_Sith

Culf_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2005
    That was wonderful! :D Now, all a girl could ever wish for would have to be a sequel focusing on H/L relationship! (On the other hand, you have worked hard on actually finishing this story, and I wouldnt... couldn't blame you for wanting to rest.) I'll still be waiting for anything else you do, though.
    =D=
    The Force will be with you, always

24. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    *sniff* no, they weren't happy tears, but if you make a sequel, I might find hope again.... PM me if you do? [face_praying]

25. JediPrincess_Annelie

JediPrincess_Annelie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2004
    A sequel?
    I'm SO there!

...and I'd love a PM!

- JP_A
    [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.