main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO SLFF Fan Film

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by quigon_brian, Jun 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    This is just an idea, but who here would be interested in doing a fan film? I think it would be really cool if the SLFF had their own fan film. I think we would be the only FanForce to have one. Right now I?m trying to come up with a storyline. If anybody would be interested in doing one, let me know. If you have any special skills with programs like After Effects, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, etc. let me know. If anyone here can do 3D animation, that would be a really big help. I can already do basic things like lightsaber blades and really basic blue/green screening. I?ve also been collecting all kinds of tutorials that I?m going to try out (opening sequence, lightning, etc.). Once I get my new computer, I?m going to spend a lot of time doing that stuff. Post if you would like to help with lighting, acting, filming, editing, animating, writing, or if you can even think of anything else we would need (possibly even someone to make small models to film in front of a blue screen for a space battle). Also if you have any plot ideas. I would like to have everyone involved that wants to. Keep in mind that this would be a big project, so it would take a lot of work. But it would also be a lot of fun and I think it would really make us a lot closer of a group.

2. Lonelyjedi

Lonelyjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    Sounds great. It would be nice.......can I be a Jedi?

3. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    I'm a quick learner, so I could learn to do that sorta stuff... and sure, I could help with the movie.

4. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    sounds like fun!

I can... um... drive!

hehe :)

5. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I can help write/co-write if need be. And I can also be an actor.

6. Lonelyjedi

May 21, 2002
    Me and my friends can do wutever...act, film , edit.... one of my friends has photoshop, so that wuld be great for lightsabers and special effects

7. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    I have Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, and I will soon have Final Cut Pro if I end up getting a Mac, so that won't be a problem. We need people that actually know how to use them well, not just people that have them. Unfortunatley, the only way most people will be able to be jedi is if they have a good quality costume. I'm going to try to keep this on a very small budget, so people with their own costumes will be my new best friends. Of course we'll have to make sure they can actually act. I already have a great idea for the final climactic lightsaber battle, but for right now, I think we should try to get a good solid plot. If anyone has a good idea, be sure to speak up. Keep in mind I'd like to have quite a few parts. I'm working on coming up with one right now, so I'll post it as soon as I have it.

8. Stl_Imperial

Stl_Imperial Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2002
    I have a complete scout trooper outfit. I also have a grand admiral thrawn and royal guard costume but I havent found the boots as of yet.

9. Lonelyjedi

May 21, 2002
    Well, my can use that stuff very well. You can email him at darkstar3013@mac.com if necessary. Who can write it? Story ideas? Anyone? Anyone?

10. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    I can write it. I'm thinking up a simple, yet well-founded plot.

11. Lonelyjedi

May 21, 2002
    Sorry, fluke, about the yknow.....argument. No harm done?

12. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    A few plot ideas:

The Jedi Purge
    A rogue group of smugglers-turned-Rebels

If anyone has any more suggestions for storylines, feel free to post them or PM me.

13. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    I call director! [face_mischief]
    _jOBO

14. Lonelyjedi

May 21, 2002
    Who's ever writing this, I wanna b a Jedi I made up named Ven Srelbin.

15. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    actually, i might know someone who could do that stuff.... he's really good at that sorta stuff... I'll ask him if he's ever worked with those programs, and i'll see if he can help too.

16. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    First of all, sorry Jobo, but I'm going to be directing this. Second of all, Lonely, we're not going to write this to put in characters and parts that everybody wants. When we write it, we will write it the way we think is best. When we cast it, we will see who is best for the parts. Right now, I'm thinking about having it set a few thousand years before the whole Skywalker saga. Originally, I wanted it to be about the first ever Jedi Master to turn to the dark side, but I couldn't think of anything else to go with that. I'm still thinking...

17. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    Did you see my suggestions for a storyline, quigon_brian?

18. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    Yeah, I was kind of confused. What's the Jedi Purge?

19. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    It was the period in between Episode III and ANH when Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine sought out and destroyed almost all of the Jedi. They were attempting to rid the galaxy of the Jedi.

20. Lonelyjedi

May 21, 2002
    How about this? Could anyone give me any suggestions for names, or wuteva.. Here I go
    STARWARS DAWN OF THE SITH

It is a dreadful time for the Jedi knights. Citizens of the galaxy are entirely focused of politics and government issues, not knowing what's in store for them. Jedi Knight Ven Srelbin's former master Flo Lin has sworn his life to the Dark Side, possessed with power and the abilities to rule over every living thing. Sensing the uprise of the Sith and forming of the GALACTIC SENATE, and tragedies to come, the Jedi are under painful stress. As soon as these DARK JEDI make there appearance known, their armies will take control............

21. Lonelyjedi

May 21, 2002
    here r som names i made up(ignore my friends names in front of them)

DAN MORY: Flo Lin, later known as Darth Drackon, senator Auck Tor PAT : Ven Srelbin, Darth Haamel, KYLE: Darth Sarae-Noon, ANDY: emperor Andaous, jedi master Gron Dotoh MIKE: Ocomi Saflor, BRIAN: Darth Strique, Jedi master Si Bim Neto,

and who cares if the names r cheesy? not everyones gonna agree, we cant get great names like george lucas does!!!!!
    I CALL WRITER

22. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    LJ, your ideas are good, but this is a group fanfilm, which means that we will have have to agree on a storeyline and characters.

Also, since this was quigon_brian's idea, I feel that he should write it. He has already said that Fluke will be helping him, so his ideas will not monopolize the script.

I'm sure that both of them will be grateful to hear everyones ideas. That way we know that best idea is the one we work on.

23. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    Thank you Tabee. I didn't want to sound like the Emperor or anything, but I agree with you. I'm going to be out of town until next Saturday, so hopefully by then, I'll have a solid plot. I'll try to check the board during the week though, so keep posting ideas.

24. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    If you don't mind, I'd like to see some examples of your work, if you have any.

25. Lonelyjedi

May 21, 2002
    I agree, but nomatter what, I'm making my film. I was just giving you ideas, that's all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.